Second Confession

Talk to Me, Sweetheart!
Please log in to read the full chapter

After approximately 3 minutes of walking, I am unable to contain my curiousity any longer, and ask him: "Where are we going?"

"You'll see," he grins, rounding the corner into a park nearby my house. The park is usually lively in the day time - but since it's so dark, the park is eeriely quiet and...more peaceful without the bustling activity.

Minhyuk leads me to sit on a park bench, then opens his guitar case which he had been carrying the whole time. "Tonight, you shall be my only audience - and I don't take song requests, by the way."

 

"So what are you going to perform?" I grin at him, "it better be a love ballad, because I like ballads..."

"You ruined the surprise!" he gasps dramatically, "the song is called Second Confession...so it's a romantic cheesy song," he chuckles at my eager expression. "But you'll see it's a little bit more than the average love ballad."

"Okay, go on."

Minhyuk lifts the guitar onto his lap, strums a few chords experimentally, and then smiles nervously. "I wrote this song by the way - so don't laugh."

"I promise I won't."

 

"The first time, I was born,

It was a sunny and bright afternoon.

The first time, I met you,

It was a day where I only saw sunshine."

Listening to Minhyuk's soothing voice and the cheerful guitar chords intermingling with each other, my eyes slowly close without warning, and I find myself bobbing my head rhythmically in time with the beat.

"But you only saw him, and no body else,

I was always there, but I didn't exist.

How are you? I guess you’re okay,

Day by day, I am drenched with your memories and it's so hard."

Gradually, the song progresses into a minor key, and a bitterness tugs at my heart slightly. My eyebrows knot together in sadness; he's describing his feelings during the times when I loved Hyunsik.

"Though I have so much to say, I’ll keep it short,

I will change and improve from today and every day on.

Just give me a chance, to move forward,

I’ll be your shoulder strap and you can be my backpack.

For you, I stay cooped up in my room, practicing my confession,

I practice singing so I serenade you."

 

"You already have."

"Huh?" Minh

Please log in to read the full chapter