First Saturday

Talk to Me, Sweetheart!
Please log in to read the full chapter

"This is insane!"

"I know," I whisper guiltily, "but it isn't only for me, it's for my father and family too."

"But a heart break contract?" Hyunsik groans, "will your father not be able to find work elsewhere? Structural engineers should be in demand everywhere!"

"He could, but then he wouldn't be the head of department; he would start all over again as a small employee, and climb his way to the top slowly after 30 years of hard work down the drain!" I take a shaky breath, "Hyunsik, I understand that you would be reluctant for your friend to be doing this sort of thing for money. But my dad's already 53 years old this year - I can't let him suffer when he's going to be retiring after 10 more years!"

 

Although reluctant, I could see my words made sense to Hyunsik, and with a small nod of his head, Hyunsik wraps his arms tightly around me to whisper brokenly, "I understand...I'm just scared for you. What if they find out about your deal with their dad and treat you badly?"

"They won't," I reassure him, "I'm confident they won't find out."

 


|A week later, Saturday 10am|

Alright...Deep breath... I try to relax my body as I stand at the front door of the Lee family's mansion. In...Out...In...Out...

*Ding dong!*

No one answers the door, so I press bell 3 more times.

*Ding dong! Ding dong! Ding do-!*

Before the bell could ring itself for the third time, a male opens the door with impatient flourish as he stands in front of me, holding onto the door handle with a shocked expression frozen onto his face.

 

Oh, and just some extra information:

He was half .

 

"Hei-ssi?!" Minhyuk squeaks, almost inaudible as his Adam's apple moves up and down once, indicating his nervous gulp.

"Uh, hey!" I try to force a laugh, but the sound comes out as more of a choked bark, "how's the weekend going for you so far?"

"It's Saturday morning..."

"Oh! Yes it is...haha..." I look away, blushing, "I'm uh...what you could call your weekend housekeeper from now on..."

 

Realization suddenly brightens his eyes, and he mumbles: "So that's why aunty wasn't

Please log in to read the full chapter