The end of our love story...

The Sakura Tree

Jongup's P.O.V

"It's about Mr. Choi..." the doctor said and I looked over my shoulder at the sleeping Zelo.

"What about him? I-Is he alright?" I asked and I could feel worry take over me. 

"Do you want to talk outside?" the doctor said and I nodded. We went outside of the room and I closed the door.

"I'm sure this will give you a shock so if you don't mind.. please have a seat..." I heard the doctor say and my nerves shot right up. Did something change in Zelo's recovery?

"Mr. Choi has more internal damage then we thought... He's lucky if he survives this week.. I'm sorry, with did what we could but... The car hit him too hard..." What did I just hear? I-Is Zelo dying? No... I can't live without him... Not NOW!

"Isn't there another way to save him?" I said as tears rolled down my cheeks. 

"We tried whatever we could... He has this week... If he's lucky...I'm so sorry" the doctor said.

"Do you want to tell him?" he asked and I shook my head. 

"No, not now... But can you call his father?" I asked and the doctor nodded and left to get a telephone.

I sat down on the floor and started to cry hard. I held my hand over my mouth so that I wouldn't wake Zelo up. The doctor came back and gave me the phone. I dialed his number and someone picked up but it didn't sound like Zelo's appa at all.

"Helloooooo who's this? haha no you can't do that! haha" he sounded really weird, almost as if he was high.

"Uhm.. Mr. Choi?" 

"Yeeees this is him!" 

"I-it's Jongup.... Where are you?" I asked when I heard a lot of people in the background.

"Oh... Hi Jongup!!! Ehm.. I don't know actually...In SEOUL? Haha" he said and I knew something was definitely wrong.

"Do you know the name of the street?" I asked and he told me what it was.

"Okay, I'm coming to pick you up... There's something I need to tell you..." 

"okayyyyy BYE BYE JONGUPPIE!" he said and I hung up. I went to Zelo's room but stopped in front of the closed door. I don't want to wake him up...

I walked out of the hospital and got into a cab. I told the driver to wait for me and then got out and started walking to where all the noise came from. When I walked around the corner I stopped immediately and just stared at what's in front of me. There are people lying on the ground making out, people standing up in very little clothes and everyone has a "cigarette" in one of their hands. I looked around and then I spotted Mr.Choi. He is touching a girl that is clearly 20 years younger then him. He also has a "cigarette" in his right hand.

"Mr. Choi? What are you doing?" I asked and I could see that he was shocked.

"Jongupie?! haha come here!" he said and I grabbed his arm.

"Come with me and leave that girl alone!" I said as he struggled to get out of my grip. 

"Hey man... chill!" he said as we went around the corner.

"NO I won't chill! What the hell were you doing back there? Is this why you've always come home late at night? Is this you having a "late meeting"? IS IT?!" I could feel my anger shooting up. Not because he was smoking , but because he had done this instead of caring about his son, who needs him when he comes home from school! And now, when Zelo is in the hospital, he still goes here and doesn't look like he cares at all!

"Woah... Take it easy!" 

"Then TELL ME! IS IT TRUE?" I was angry and sad. Did he even care if told him that Zelo was dying?

"Yes.... Yes.. IT'S TRUE! I know that it's wrong but... this was the only way that I could forget my wife's death. I-I couldn't live with it and I still can't.... And I-I guess I got caught up in it and I can't stop.... But Zelo is fine! He survives one day without me! I could always come tomorrow... I GOT TIME!" 

"He's dying..." I couldn't take it anymore. He had to know so that he would stop this now. 

"What did you say?" 

"Zelo is dying..." Mr. Choi stopped and looked at me. His face was filled with pain.

"He's got this week to live, if he's lucky... So I guess you don't have time to wait till tomorrow..." It pains me to see his sad face. Seeing him break down slowly. Seeing him slowly realize that his son is dying. I hated it. We got into the cab and headed back to the hospital.

Zelo's P.O.V

"Excuse me....." I heard someone say and I pouted mentally, cause who ever it was had woken me up from my sleep. Oh well, might as well cuddle with Jongup while I'm awake. 

"It's about Mr. Choi..." What? What about me? I heard the door close and I tried hard to listen. It was hard because of the device next to me that had track of my heartbeat. I tried for a really long time and then I finally heard one sentence

"Mr. Choi has more internal damage then we thought... He's lucky if he survives this week..." 

I regretted I heard those words... I'm dying? But I thought I was recovering fine? How could this happen? I-I can't die.... I'm too young.... And now that Jongup doesn't hate me... I don't want to die.... please don't let me die.... Appa won't survive this.... He didn't take umma's death good at all... And now that I'll be gone as well? I just can't... I can't stay here my last week. I need to get out of here. I need air! I need to feel free...

It suddenly felt like someone sat on my chest and I coughed loudly. 

"I-I need to get out of here..." I whispered to myself as I got out of bed. I took my clothes and put them on and then sneaked out of the hospital. I got on the bus leading out of Seoul and then I felt something vibrate in my pocket. 

Caller: Daehyun

I picked up.

"Yoboseyo?" 

"Zelo? H-How are you? We heard that you where in the hospital!" Daehyun said. He sounded scared.

"I-I'm... uhm... To be honest Daehyun... I'm not so great.." I started and I could hear him breathe heavy.

"W-what do you mean Zelo-ah?" he finally said and I tried hard not to cry.

"I'm dying Daehyun...." I heard him crying and it made me realize that this was really real.

"I'm sorry.... I-I gotta go..." I said.

"Wait.. Ze.." but I had already ended the call. 

I got of the bus and started walking. My chest hurt. But I didn't care. I needed this... I needed freedom...

Jongup's P.O.V

When I got to the hospital I brought Zelo's appa with me and I almost ran to where Zelo was. But when I got there he wasn't there. 

"Where is he?" 

I went out in the corridor and grabbed one of the nurses that passed by.

"Excuse me but where is Mr. Choi?" 

"Isn't he in his room?" she asked. I could notice that she was surprised.

"No, he's not"

"Oh... That's not good... He wasn't at breakfast either and no one has seen him..." she said and I got really pissed.

"SO YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE HE IS?!" I screamed, she got scared.

"Yes.... we don't know where he is... But we can go look at the security cameras..." she said and i nodded.

After some time another nurse came back to us. I stood up end greeted her.

"Well.... It looks like Mr. Choi decided to take a walk... Do you know where he could have gone?" she said and  shook my head.

"Why would he go outside?" I didn't get it. Why would he leave? He knew he was under recovery and that he juts couldn't leave. It's not like he needed air or time to think? Or did he?

"Oh no..." the nurse and Zelo's appa looked at me.

"I think he knows... I-I think he knows he's going to die..." I said and I got panicked.

"Then we must find him!!" Zelo's appa said as he rushed out from the hospital. I rushed after him and looked all over Seoul. I even called Daehyun and he told me that Zelo had told him and Youngjae that he was dying. So I was right...

"DAMNIT! I've looked all over Seoul... Where are you Zelo? I need to see you... This can't be the last time I see you..." I said as I started to give up.

"Seriously, I've looked in the whole city... Where are you?"  I sat down on a bench and closed my eyes. It was almost morning and I hadn't slept at all. I thought about mine and Zelo's first kiss. We were sitting under the Sakura tree. It has been a long time since we've been there. I wonder if he was going to take me there the night of the accident..

"Wait.." I opened my eyes in a snap.

"How could I be so stupid... of course he went there..." I said as I ran out of the city. I got closer to the tree and I squinted my eyes. There he was. He sat under the tree. 

"Zelo..." I said as I got closer to him. He turned around and I almost cried. He looked so sick. He looked tired and he had bags under his eyes. How could I not have seen this? How could I've missed how sick he really was.

"Hey there..." I said as I sat down and hugged him.

"I'm dying Jongup... " he said and I could feel my shirt getting wet. I patted his back for comfort.

"I know..." I started crying and hugged him tighter.

"Why Zelo? Why did you do it?" I asked as the tears flowed.

"I couldn't live without you..." he said and I kissed him. It was a soft kiss, blended with tears. He started coughing and I felt the taste of blood in my mouth. We pulled apart and he had blood running down from his mouth. I wiped it away. He lied down on the grass, his head resting on my thighs. 

"Can you sing for me Jongup?" he asked and I cried hard. I can't take this.. I don't want to lose you.. Your my angle as well... Please don't go to heaven...

"Please Jongup.." he said with a weak voice. I couldn't say against him so I started to sing. I started of with a shaky voice because of my tears but I then started to hit the notes. Even though I cried my heart out. Zelo juts lied in my lap and smiled as i played with his hair. He even wiped my tears away and told me that it was going to be alright. How could it be alright? He was dying! It wasn't fair!

"Hey Jongup..." he said with his voice almost cracking. I stopped singing and cried a little more.

"Yes.. Zelo..." I said while his hair away from his face. 

"Your face is still... as... beautiful... as when we... sat.. here... the... first.... t-time..." he said and it brought me to tears. How was I going to live without his love?

"Schhh... Don't.... cry.... One... Day... We'll.. Meet... Again..." he said as he caressed my right cheek. My tears flowed like a waterfall.

"But... Until then.... Promise me.... You'll find.... Someone to... Be happy.... With..." he continued as he gave me a weak smile. I shook my head.

"N-No.. Zelo, I-I can't..." I said between sobs.

"Y-yes you will.... Jongup.... I'm not asking... you... to... forget... me... Just... Be...Happy..." he said and I hugged him tight. I cried harder. I could hear him cry too. He laid his head back on my thighs and looked at my face. 

"Can you sing... to me... again?" he said and I cried as I sang. I could hear him breathe heavier and with longer intervals. I caressed his cheek as I continued to sing. 

"Hey Jongup...." I heard him say and i stopped singing once again.

"Y-yes Love?" I said and he smiled. 

"I-I'm... Just.... Gonna... Close... My.. Eyes...... For a... While..." he said and I his hair with my right hand. I started humming between my sobs. His eyes were closed and he was only breathing a few times in a minute. I stopped singing when everything became quiet. I looked at Zelo's chest and it was no longer rising. 

"Zelo?" i looked at him and cried.

"Zelo..?" I shook him but he didn't respond.

"Zelo, no.. no... no... nononononono! Zelo, Please.. please, please, please... Don't leave me... please.. I love you... I love you.. I love you!" I said as I cried harder and held him as I rocked back and forth. I had never felt so sad in my entire life. Never so empty. The boy I loved was no longer alive. And I was the one to blame. If it wasn't for me he would probably be alive now. Smiling his beautiful smile. But he wasn't. 

"I'll try to be strong... I promise you I will become happy one day... But I will never forget you..." I said as I cried hard. I then kissed him and hugged him tight. 

This was the end of our love story...


Author's Note:

Hello people!

So all of you probably hate me right now.. (I know my friend Angelica does so... I'M SORRY ANGELICA!)

I hope you liked this chapter... Planning on writing a short ending chapter.. but we'll see... 

Sorry for this really depressing chapter btw....

 

byeeeeee~

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic