4

Roommates

The next morning, Sunhee got up and headed toward the kitchen only to find Himchan asleep on the couch.  She scrunched her face in confusion.  Why was he on the couch? 

Himchan rolled over, almost falling off the couch, waking himself up in the process.  He sat upright when he saw Sunhee.  “Morning.”  He said clearing his throat.

“Morning.”  She replied.  “Is everything okay?”

Himchan nodded.  “He wouldn’t leave.”  He said jutting his chin out in the direction of his room.  “So I did.”

Sunhee sighed.  “Look, I’m sorry if I…” 

“No,” Himchan interrupted, “it’s all right.  It’s not your fault, he was just getting on my nerves.”  He sighed.  “And, I’m sorry if I’ve been a little…moody.  I’m just trying to deal with the direction my life has been into.”

“It’s okay.”  Sunhee smiled.  “Would you like me to fix you something for breakfast?”

Himchan stood up.  “Please, allow me, you’ve done so much for me already.”  He said with a smile, heading to the kitchen.  When he noticed Sunhees’s uncertainty he chuckled.  “I’m actually a really good cook.”  He said with a wink.  “Why don’t you go shower and relax while I fix you a breakfast fit for a queen?”

Sunhee raised an eyebrow.  “Okay…thanks.”  She said turning around and heading toward the bathroom.  To be honest, it felt nice to have someone making breakfast for her for a change.  She took her time, taking a nice hot shower and relaxing like she was told.  When she stepped out of the shower, however, her relaxation ended.  Before she could grab her towel the door opened and she and Yongguk were suddenly staring at each other.  A slow grin tugged at the corners of his lips as his eyes raked over her. 

Sunhee d for her towel and shrieked at him.  “Get out, get out, get out!”  She wrapped a towel around her body as he chuckled and closed the door.  If she hadn’t known better she would have sworn he enjoyed what he’d seen.  She shook her head, dismissing the absurd thought, and got dressed.  When she joined the two men at the table for breakfast, Yongguk winked at her and she blushed.  Himchan frowned at the interaction between the two.

“What happened?”  Himchan asked suspiciously.

Yongguk grinned and Sunhee shrugged.  “Nothing really.”  She said.  “This babo just walked in on me after I got out of the shower.”

“And might I say, you have a very nice figure.  If I swung that way I just might have to make you mine.”  Yongguk said with a waggle of his eyebrows, making Sunhee blush even further.

“Wait, what?”  Himchan said trying to process the conversation.  “He walked in on you and…” He looked at Yongguk and narrowed his eyes, “If you swung that way?”  He scoffed.  “I wouldn’t let you get anywhere near her.”

Yongguk just smiled.  “Are you saying you like Sunhee more than me?”

“I..I didn’t say that.”  Himchan sputtered, his face reddening. 

Sunhee just stared at the two men.  She found the couple to be very confusing; their relationship seemed to be very complex.  She cleared and tried to turn the situation around.  “Thank you for making breakfast.  This is very delicious.”  She said smiling as she shoveled another bite of food into .

Himchan turned his gaze to her and gave a small smile.  “Thank you, and you’re welcome.  I don’t mind cooking more often if you would like me to.” 

She nodded.  “That would be great.  I honestly hate cooking.” 

“You cook very well though for someone who hates the task.”  Yongguk added.

Sunhee laughed.  “Thanks, but that’s just because I always had to cook growing up.  My mother died when I was young so I had to become the woman of the house at an early age.”

Before anyone could say anything more, Sunhee’s phone rang.  She looked at the caller ID and rolled her eyes.  “I’m going to let the machine get it.”  She grumbled as she carried her plate to the sink.

“Who is it?”  The two men asked together.

“My father.”  She said sighing.  “He and I aren’t exactly on speaking terms.”  She said stiffly when the answering machine finally picked up and her father’s voice filled the room.

“Sunhee, dear, I have good news for you.  You know that fine young man, Jinsung, well, his father and I have arranged for the two of you to get married.  You need a man in your life to take care of you.  We will be meeting with Jinsung and his father in a few days for tea to discuss the wedding arrangements.  I will see you then.”  Her father said cheerfully as he hung up.

Sunhee stood in the kitchen in complete shock, as Yonguk and Himchan watched her carefully.  After she got over her initial surprise, anger welled within her.  How could her father do this, and with Jinsung, of all people?  “There is no way I am marrying that jerk.”  She growled.

“Why is he a jerk?”  Yongguk asked.

“Because he will sleep with anything that is female and walks on two legs.”  Sunhee snapped.  “And last I heard he was having an affair with my cousin, and she’s married.”  She shook her head.  “I won’t go through with this.  I have to find a way out of this.”

“What if…” Himchan said cautiously, “what if I pretend to be your fiancé?”

Yongguk and Sunhee both looked at him with wide eyes.

“Well, it would get her out of marrying that jerk.”  He said glaring slightly at Yongguk.

Yongguk grinned.  “And she won’t have to worry about you taking advantage of the situation.” 

Himchan’s glare deepened.

“How could he take advantage of the situation?”  Sunhee asked.

Yongguk turned to her.  “Well, my pretty Sunhee, if you are going to pretend to be a couple won’t you have to act like one as well?”

Sunhee blushed.  “Oh, I didn’t think of that.”  She then looked at Himchan.  “Are you really willing to do this for me?”

Himchan nodded.  “No one should have to be forced to do something they don’t want, especially when it comes to marriage.” 

Sunhee smiled and wrapped Himchan in a big hug.  “Thank you.”  She looked up at him.  “I suppose I should start calling you oppa now.”  She said with a wink as she kissed him on the cheek and released him.  “I can’t wait to see the look on my father’s face.”  She said clapping her hands together.  “He won’t know what to say when I come walking in with the most handsome man ever at my side.”  She said twirling around.  “Oh, it’s going to be perfect.”  She said, kissing Yongguk on the cheek as well.  “Thank you for letting me borrow him.  You two are the best!”  She exclaimed as she headed toward her bedroom.  “I’m going to call Yoona and tell her all about it.” 

Both men put their hands to their cheeks.  “Did she just say I was handsome?”  Himchan asked.

Yongguk grinned.  “Yes, yes she did.”  He chuckled.  “The most handsome man ever.”  Yongguk emphasized.  “Too bad she thinks you’re gay.”