12

Roommates

When Sunhee was finally able to meet Himchan for lunch she was surprised to see Yoona and Yongguk there as well.

“I didn’t expect to see you here.”  Sunhee expressed to her friend with a raised brow as she seated herself next to Himchan, noting the annoyed look on his face.  

Yoona simply grinned.  “Well, when I saw Himchan oppa leave for lunch I got curious.  He never leaves for lunch, but this was the second time I’d seen him leave two days in a row.  So, I followed him.  I was meeting with Yongnam oppa for lunch anyway, so, here we are.”  She finished.  She looked at Sunhee and smiled.  “I don’t believe I’ve introduced you to my boyfriend yet.”  She said motioning to the man Sunhee had initially thought was Yongguk.  “Sunhee, Yongnam oppa.  Yongnam oppa, Sunhee.”

Sunhee bowed her head in greeting as she took in the man before her.  She had never actually known identical twins, it was slightly unnerving to see the face of someone you knew on a different person. 

As they started chatting Sunhee suddenly remembered Yoona still thought she thought Himchan was gay.  She smiled to herself, she could really have fun with this situation.  She glanced at Himchan and he caught her smirk.  An understanding grin tugged at his lips.  They were on the same page.  He nodded his head, inviting her to make the first move.  But before she could say anything the last person Himchan wanted to see at that moment appeared and plopped himself down on Himchan’s lap, kissing his cheek.

“Hey, Channie baby, took me forever to find you.”  Yongguk said with a big grin.  Yongnam spat his drink out from across the table and gawked at his twin.  “Oh, hey, bro.”  Yongguk said nonchalantly pretending to have just then noticed his brother.

“What the…how did you even know where to find me?”  Himchan sputtered.

“Simple, I put a GPS app on your phone so I can always know where you are.  I told you I knew how to use a phone.”  Yongguk stated tapping the tip of Himchan’s nose with his finger.

Himchan shoved Yongguk off of him.  “Yah, you creepy ert!”  He glared at his friend.  “Remind me to never let you see my phone again.  So not cool, Bang, not cool at all.  Don’t you know the meaning of the words privacy and personal space?”

“Of course I do.”  He grinned.  “Do you need me to demonstrate that for you as well?”  He asked leaning closer.  “I even know the antonyms of those words, and I find them much more appealing; I’m all for public displays of affection.”

“Yongguk…what…what the hell are you doing?”  Yongnam asked watching as his twin’s grin widened.

“Isn’t it obvious?  I’m spending time with my baby.”  Yongguk said putting his arm around Himchan. 

“Yah!”  Himchan growled trying to shake Yongguk off of him, but failing miserably. Yongguk was having too much fun flustering his friend and his brother to back down now.

Sunhee realized Yongguk was not only doing this just to irritate and baffle the two men but also to keep up the charade since Yoona wasn’t aware of the fact that Sunhee already knew Himchan wasn’t gay.  It took everything Sunhee had to remain neutral and act as if this was simply an everyday occurrence and not something new and shocking to her.  “Aren’t they the cutest?”  Sunhee said smiling.

Yoona, who’d been just as shocked as Yongnam, closed , which had been hanging open, and looked at Sunhee.  “Y-yeah…the cutest.” 

Sunhee suddenly burst into laughter at her friend’s bewilderment and Yoona gave her a confused look. 

“What’s so funny?”  Yoona asked.

“Yongguk oppa, you can stop torturing Himchan oppa now.”  Sunhee said giggling as she returned her eyes to her friend.  “I know everything, Yoona.  Yongguk oppa was just messing around for your benefit since you still thought I thought Himchan was gay.”  She gave her friend a stern look.  “Mind telling me why you didn’t tell me as well when you found out?”

“Well, I…I…” Yoona stammered, “I just thought you two were so cute together, and I thought that if I told you then you would make him leave and ruin everything.”  She crossed her arms and pouted.  “Can’t I get even a little credit for trying to make my friend happy by hooking her up with a nice guy?”

Sunhee smiled at her friend.  “You are simply too much, you know that?”  She reached her hand across the table and gave Yoona’s a squeeze.  “But I love you anyway.”

“Dude.”  Yongnam said staring at his brother.  “Don’t scare me like that.”

Yongguk laughed.  “You know I live to torture you.”  He said with a big smile.  He then threw his arm around Himchan again.  “Though torturing Channie has become my new favorite pastime.”  He gave Himchan bedroom eyes.  “I don’t know, Channie, over these past couple days I think I have actually fallen for you.”

Himchan shoved Yongguk off the bench.  “Yah!  Stop doing that!” 

Yongguk just laughed again and reseated himself next to his friend.  Himchan huffed and refused to look at him.  When Sunhee noticed Yongguk was about to go in for another attempt at tormenting Himchan she swooped in and saved him.

“So, should we tell them the good news?”  She asked Himchan with a smile.

He blinked at her a few times before realizing what she was talking about and gave a nod. 

She looked at the others and her smile widened.  “We are officially a couple now.”

Yoona let out a girlish squeak and clapped her hands repeatedly.  “Oh, this is absolutely perfect.  I knew this would happen.”

“Congratulations.”  Yongnam smiled at them.

Yongguk however gave the cutest pout he could muster with his masculine features.  “Ah, but Channie is mine.”

Himchan’s eyes flared and he shoved Yongguk off the bench again, but instead of yelling at him he simply scooted over, taking up the extra space on the bench, and turned his head away.  He was done with Yongguk for the day. As far as he was concerned, the man wouldn’t exist until tomorrow. 

“Omo!”  Yoona suddenly said in a hushed tone.  “Is that,” She said motioning in a certain direction, “Is that Jinsung?”

All of them glanced in the direction indicated as discreetly as possible. 

“So, that’s the infamous Jinsung, huh?”  Yongguk stated.  “Who’s that he’s with though?”

“Not my cousin that’s for sure.”  Sunhee said with distaste.  “Must be a new conquest of his.”

The snapping of a camera pulled everyone’s attention back to their own table and they found Yoona with her phone out and a smirk on her face.  “Well, now you have proof of his sleaziness.”  She said turning her phone around for the rest of them to inspect.

The picture clearly showed Jinsung with his arm around the girl and the next one showed him kissing her with his hand cupping her face.  Yoona snapped a few more of him presenting the woman with a necklace and kissing her hand. 

“I can’t believe your father is wanting to marry you off to this scumbag.”  Yoona sneered.

“Channie, didn’t you say you would marry Sunhee yourself if you had to in order to prevent her from marrying Jinsung?”  Yongguk grinned.

Himchan ignored him, still refusing to acknowledge his existence, and simply waited for someone else to pick up the topic.

“Did you really say that?”  Yoona asked staring at Himchan intently.

Himchan gave a curt nod.  “I did, and I meant it.  No one should have to marry someone they don’t want to.”

Yoona looked at Yongnam, and Sunhee saw something pass between them, it made her more than a little nervous; but when Yoona grabbed her wrist, and Yongnam grabbed Himchan’s, and they were suddenly being dragged away her anxiety skyrocketed. 

“Yah, where are we going?”  Sunhee called out as she tried to keep up with Yoona’s quick pace.

“Bang!”  Himchan called out to his friend who he knew followed behind.  “Tell your crazy look-alike to let me go.  Honestly, does your whole family treat people like they're toys?”  He heard Yongguk merely chuckle at his predicament.

“Now you want to acknowledge my presence?”  Yongguk replied dryly.  “You’re on your own with this one, Channie.”

Sunhee and Himchan found themselves standing in front of the marriage registration office.  They looked at each other and then at their friends.

“You know how sneaky Jinsung is,” Yoona said, “and you know how stubborn your father is.  If you don’t do this now, you may not be able to escape this arranged marriage to Jinsung.”  She sighed.  “As your best friend I am begging you to do this.  I will not let that ert put his hands on you.”  She then looked up at Himchan.  “And I should think you would feel the same.”

Himchan did feel the same, now that he and Sunhee were finally together, he wasn’t going to let some sleaze take her away from him.  Yoona was right, they needed to solve this problem now.  He looked down at Sunhee, he was ready and willing if she was.  “Let’s do this?”  He asked with a raised brow, holding out his hand for her to take.

Sunhee’s eyes never left Himchan’s as she smiled and placed her hand in his.  “Let’s do this.”