10

Roommates

Yongguk left after telling Himchan what he’d come to tell him.  Himchan hadn’t been aware that Yongguk knew Yoona, she was actually the girlfriend of Yongguk’s twin brother, Yongnam.  Yongnam had invited Yongguk over for diner one night and Yoona had told them about the situation her friend was in.  Yongguk informed her that it was his friend that was the one living with Sunhee.  Yoona had figured out that Himchan wasn’t gay and she was actually thrilled about it.  She hoped that the two ended up together.  She also told Yongguk about what a sleaze Jinsung was and to watch out for him because he was a very cunning man.  Himchan would deal with the thought of Jinsung later though, right now he had a much more important matter to worry about.

Himchan went to Sunhee’s door, he poised to knock but hesitated.  He didn’t know what was going to happen, and that frightened him.  Would she be angry with him?  Would she be accepting?  There was only one way to find out.  He rapped on the door softly and called out to her.  “Sunhee, honey, may I come in?”  He stepped back slightly when the door suddenly opened.  Sunhee simply looked at him and it made him nervous.

“Oppa.”  She finally said.  “Why didn’t you tell me?”

Himchan sighed.  “I wanted to, so badly, and I tried, and last night I did, but…”

“I didn’t believe you.”  She finished for him.  She looked at her feet.  “I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay, you didn’t know.  And how could you think differently with Yongguk being a jerk and putting on such a show for you.  Sometimes, I wonder why I stay friends with that punk.”

Sunhee smiled.  “He’s a good friend.”  She shook her head.  “Yoona does things that irritate me to no end sometimes, but she’s always there for me when I need her.  We are lucky to have good friends like them.”

Himchan nodded.  “I suppose we are.”  He shook his head and chuckled.  “Did you know that Yoona is dating Yongguk’s twin brother, Yongnam?”

Sunhee’s eyes widened.  “Yongguk oppa has a twin?”

“Yes, unfortunately, there’s two of him.”  Himchan grumbled.  “At least his brother isn’t nearly as annoying as he is.” 

Sunhee just shook her head.  “I had no idea.  I’ve never met Yoona’s boyfriend before.”  She raised an eyebrow.  “Is that what Yongguk oppa came to tell you?” 

Himchan nodded.  “His brother invited him over for dinner to meet his girlfriend and well, Yoona was telling them about the hilarious situation her friend was in, living with a man that she thought was gay.  Yongguk, of course, chimed in and told her that it was his friend that was living with her friend.  Aish, it all makes my head hurt.”

Sunhee’s eyes grew even larger.  “She knew you weren’t…?”

“Not at first.”  He said shaking his head.  “She figured it out after…well…after I…” Himchan ran his fingers through his hair, trying to figure out how to tell her without completely embarrassing her. 

“It was the dress, wasn’t it?”  Sunhee asked flatly.

Himchan could only nod.

Sunhee chuckled softly.  “Well, I suppose I could take that as a compliment, couldn’t I, since you did the same when I saw you in just your towel?”  She said with a smile, but her eyes suddenly widened.  “Omo!”

“What?”

“He…he saw me…” Sunhe stammered.  “I didn’t think anything of it then because I thought he was…oh, I’m so embarrassed now.”  She said covering her face.  “I don’t think I can look at him again.” 

Himchan didn’t know what to do or how to comfort her.  He opened his arms and awkwardly held them out like he was going to pull her into a hug, but hesitated.  Would it be okay for him to hug her?  He decided it would be, she seemed to need one, and she needed some cheering up.  He put his arms around her and pulled her against him.  “It’s okay, unfortunately, he’s seen me too, more than once.”  He said patting her back.  “I used to go to a jimjilbang with him and his brother, but Yongguk’s eyes tended to wander and linger more than I was comfortable with.  He’s such a creepy ert.”

Sunhee couldn’t help but laugh.  She looked up at Himchan from the confines of his arms and smiled.  “Thanks.  I needed a good laugh.”  She searched his eyes questioningly.  “So, what are we going to do about…this?”

“Us?”  He asked with a smile and she nodded.  “Well, I kind of like what we are doing right now.”  He said giving her a squeeze.  “But I’m open for suggestions.”

Sunhee bit her lip and smiled.  “Well, we still need to tell each other all about ourselves, so, is sleeping in your room still an option?”  She raised a brow.

Himchan grinned and leaned forward, bringing his face only inches from hers.  “That option is definitely still open.”  He said scooping her up in his arms and heading toward his room. 

“Yah, we are only going to be talking.”  She said playfully hitting his arm.

“Whatever you say, honey.”  Himchan smirked.

 

 

A/N: Ok, so none of you die from the sheer suspense of wondering if you are ever going to be reading about Himchan getting his groove on, I don't do ...my writing is more like lingerie, suggestive, yet not fully exposed, leaving just that last bit that is hidden to be left to the imagination.  Just thought I’d make that known so I don’t have anyone waiting with bated breath for when they can finally drool all over their keyboard. Though, I may have you drooling anyway with other things in future chapters.  Muahahahahaha!  ;)  Oh, and, are you all loving creepy, y Yongguk as much as I am?  He has been an absolute pleasure to write.  And he and I have been having a splendid time together torturing Himchan in any way we can, and Himchan, the love, has been such a good sport about it for the most part.