11

Roommates

When Sunhee woke the next morning she was happily snuggled against Himchan.  Last night they’d told each other about their families and other things a true couple would know about each other, but Himchan didn’t make it an easy task.  He kept distracting her while she was talking by playing with her hair or caressing her hands and planting little kisses on her fingertips then working his way up to her neck, all while smiling and pretending he didn’t know what she was talking about when she said he was misbehaving.  Learning about each other had brought them even closer, and Sunhee wondered if they were now actually an official couple. 

She studied Himchan while he slept.  He had a face that would surely make angels weep.  She didn’t know how a man could be so beautiful and yet still maintain a very masculine air about him.  She loved the way the corners of his eyes slanted upwards, giving him a wild look, like he belonged in some fantasy world. The soft, angular features of his face and jaw were very enviable and extremely easy on the eyes.  In fact, she was glad she didn’t work with him, because she was quite certain she wouldn’t be able to peel her eyes away from him long enough to get any work done.  Even his nose was pleasing to look at, well defined and narrow.  And his lips, oh those luscious, kissable lips…when he talked she sometimes had a hard time focusing on his words rather than his mouth.  Everything about Himchan’s appearance was inviting, as if he was solely made for the viewing pleasure of women.  And she wondered how he’d escaped the grasp of every woman in Seoul for so long.  Then, she remembered the rumor that had been going around at his office and she was sure that was the reason, and, right then, she was grateful to whomever started that rumor because otherwise she might never have met him.

She pulled her eyes away from his handsome face and glanced at the clock, sighing when she realized she had to get ready for work.  When she tried to get up, however, she was pulled back down and Himchan suddenly loomed over her, grinning.

“Where does my girl think she is going?” 

Sunhee’s heart did a little dance.  She was his girl.  “I have to get ready for work and so do you.”  She said trying to squirm away.

Himchan shook his head.  “You aren’t going anywhere until you say the magic words; there are only two of them.” 

Sunhee gave him a look that asked if he was serious and he simply smiled.  She sighed.  “Pretty please?”

“Nope.”  He grinned even wider.

“Open sesame?”  She guessed.

He shook his head.

“Hocus pocus?”

He raised his eyebrow and gave her a look.  “Really?” 

“Well, I’m giving you all the two word phrases I know.”  She pouted.

Himchan smiled again.  “There, it has something to do with that.” 

Sunhee frowned.  What could he possibly mean?  All she did was pout.  What could pouting have to do with two magic words?  But as she thought for a moment she realized what he meant, it wasn’t the pout he was referring to it was her lips.  He must have seen the understanding in her eyes because he grinned wickedly.  “You’re a shameless tease, you know that?”

He just winked at her.  “Well, are you going to say them or should we just get comfortable here?”  He asked settling himself against her.

Sunhee sighed.  “Alright, fine.”  She rolled her eyes when he perked up and gazed at her expectantly.  “Kiss me.”

His lips curled in a sensuous smile.  “With pleasure.”  He purred as he leaned down, capturing her lips with his.

 

 

While Sunhee was at work she felt her phone vibrate in her skirt pocket.  She discreetly checked it.  She’d received a text from Himchan.

Meet me for lunch. oxoxo

Sunhee smiled at his cuteness.  She replied asking where and waited for his response.

The same place we first met.

Seriously, could this man be any sweeter?  She let him know she’d be there and put her phone away.  She looked at the clock and sighed.  Never had it felt like it would take an eternity until lunch break finally arrived. 

Sunhee sighed again and tried her hardest to focus on her work, but she was finding it increasingly hard to do so as her thoughts kept drifting back to earlier that morning when she’d awakened.  She couldn’t think of a better way to start her morning than waking up wrapped in Himchan’s embrace.  Being held in his arms had made her feel safe, and his warm lips pressed against hers had made her feel loved.  She shivered and shook her head trying to clear her thoughts; she had to focus on her work.  She would be seeing Himchan in a few hours, she could fawn over him then.  But she knew when she saw him again she wouldn’t want to leave his side.