3

Roommates

After they both got home from work that evening, Himchan took a shower while Sunhee got started on dinner.  When she was almost done a knock on the door pulled her away from her cooking.  She opened the door and found a handsome man standing in the hallway. 

“Hey, is this where Kim Himchan lives?”  The man asked with a smile.

Sunhee was startled by how deep his voice was, she hadn’t expected it, but she found it quite pleasant.  “Yes, it is.”

“You must be Sunhee, I’m Bang Yongguk, he asked me to come over.” 

“Oh, right.  You’re his friend.”  Sunhee said with emphasis.

Yongguk’s smile widened revealing a gummy grin.  “Why, yes, yes I am.  Do you mind if I come in?”

Sunhee smiled.  “Not at all.  Please ,make yourself comfortable.  I’m just finishing up with dinner.  Will you be joining us?”

“I’d be delighted.”  Yongguk said as he followed her into the kitchen, leaning against the wall.  “So, has Himchan been easy to get along with?”

Sunhee shrugged.  “So far.  He’s only been here since last night.”  She looked up at Yongguk.  “Why doesn’t he just move in with you though?”

Yongguk smiled again.  “I offered, but he turned me down.” 

Sunhee shook her head.  “I don’t know why he’s so embarrassed about his relationship with you.”  She smiled at Yongguk.  “I bet you two are so cute together.”

Yongguk gave another gummy smile.  “You have no idea.”

Just then Himchan walked into the room.  When he saw Yongguk his eyes widened as he looked back and forth between the two. 

“There you are, baby.”  Yongguk said, pushing off from the wall and wrapping Himchan in his arms.  “You kept me waiting.”  He said pecking Himchan on the cheek. 

Himchan shoved Yongguk away.  “Yah!  Get off me you sick ert.”

“Is that any way to talk to your boyfriend?”  Yongguk asked with a cluck of his tongue.

“My…oh, you’re so…” Himchan growled as he raised a fist at the other man.

“Himchan, you don’t have to be embarrassed around me.  I’m not judging you.”  Sunhee said with a smile. 

Himchan’s eyes narrowed and he looked at Yongguk.  “You, in my room, now.  We need to talk.”

Yongguk smiled and it was positively sinful.  “Be honest,” he said with a wink as he walked past Himchan slapping his rear as he went by, “you just want me alone.”  He purred wickedly before taking off down the hall.

“Yah!”  Himchan snarled chasing after him.

“Dinner will be ready soon, don’t take too long.”  Sunhee called after them, shaking her head.  She was glad she wasn’t in a relationship; they just seemed like too much of a hassle.

When she was finished cooking and setting the table she went to go knock on Himchan’s door to let the men know that dinner was ready, but she paused when she heard them conversing. 

“Why didn’t you tell me your roommate was such a pretty little thing?”  She heard Yongguk ask.

“Why should you care?”  Himchan grumbled.

“Why shouldn’t I?”  Yongguk countered.

“Is this how you’re going to be all night?  If so, you can just leave.”  Himchan huffed.  “I’m not in the mood.  My life has been turned upside down and you don’t even seem to care.”

“Relax.  It’s not like you were caught kissing a man in public or anything.  Who cares what other people think.  Let it go.” 

“Well, when my ual preference is in question, it’s hard for me not to care what other people think.  And you really aren’t making matters easier with your behavior.  What were you thinking, acting like that in front of her?”

Yongguk laughed and it sounded like low, rolling thunder.  “You’re just upset because you liked it.”

“Yah!”  Himchan yelled.

Sunhee decided to save Yongguk and knocked on the door.  “Dinner is ready.”  She called out sweetly before turning and heading back to the table, trying her hardest not to laugh. 

They ate in silence mainly, with Yongguk either winking at Himchan every now and then or giving him bedroom eyes.  Sunhee simply bit her lip and continued eating, while Himchan on the other hand looked like he was going to explode. 

“So, will you be staying the night?”  Sunhee asked Yongguk. 

Yongguk grinned and Himchan looked like he was going to be sick.  “I’d planned on it, if that is alright with you, of course?”  He reached his hand across the table and placed it on top of Sunhee’s.  “And call me oppa.”

Sunhee blushed.  “I don’t mind…oppa.”

“Yah, are you flirting with her?”  Himchan snapped.

Sunhee winced; she didn’t want to be the cause of a lover’s quarrel.

Yongguk’s eyes focused solely on Himchan.  “Are you jealous?”

Himchan simply glared at Yongguk.

Yongguk leaned closer to Himchan.  “You know I only have eyes for you, baby.”  He said kissing the tip of Himchan’s nose.

Himchan’s eyes widened and he pushed the other man away.  “Babo.”  He stood up and looked at Sunhee.  “Thank you for dinner, it was delicious.”  He said before heading to his room.

Sunhee looked at Yongguk.  “I didn’t…”

Yongguk shook his head.  “Don’t worry, pretty Sunhee.  He’s just had a bad day.”  He stood up and thanked her for the meal as well.  “I’ll go make him feel better.  See you in the morning.”  He said with a wink.