8

Maybe Not That Bad

 

None of us said anything. I sat and looked down at my hands. I waited for Baekhyun to say something. It didn't look like he knew where to start.
 
He looked at me and sighed. 
"Sehun-ah, are you okay?" he asked.
 
I knew he was worried. Everyone were worried. 
 
"My head hurts," I mumbled.
 
It wouldn't make any difference to lie, because Baekhyun knew when I lied. He had always known. 
 
"Sehun-ah, I know you're not well. Why are you sad?" he asked. 
 
I didn't answer him. I didn't like this. In fact I hated it. My feelings weren't really my farvourite thing to talk about. 
 
"Sehun-ah, I know Yeollie and his friends, want to be your friends," Baekhyun said, when I didn't answer. "They're not going to leave you alone. You know that right?" 
 
To be honest, I had figured that out. They had followed me around the whole day. 
 
"I don't want any friends," I mumbled and turned away from Baekhyun.
 
I stared into the wall, and wondered why my eyes began to tear up. 
 
"Why?" Baekhyun asked, and layed a hand on my shoulder. 
 
"What's the point in having friends, when I'll end up forgetting them anyway?" I asked, repeating the same quiestion I had asked Tao yesterday. 
 
"Maybe you won't forget them. You never know. Maybe you're going to get cured. If you are, then what are you going to do if you don't have any friends?" Baeekhyun asked.
 
It was almost the same conversation I had had with Kris. 
 
"Are you going to tell Chanyeol-hyung about it?" I asked, still looking at the wall. 
 
"Do you want me to?" Baekhyun asked. 
 
I thought about it. If I was going to be their friends, then it would be good if at least one of them knew about it. 
 
"I don't care," I ended up answering. 
 
"Okay, then I'll tell him. But I'll tell him not to tell the others then," He said and went out of the room. 
 
I was still staring into the wall.
 
I thought about his words. Maybe he was right. Maybe it would be good to have some friends. But I wasn't really good at talking to people, and I didn't really know, how to be a good friend either. 
 
I sighed. "Let's at least give it a try." 
 
-- 
 
I took a deep breath before entering the school.
 
As I had expected, Luhan called my name. 
 
"Sehun-ah," he called.
 
I turned towards him, and saw he was together with the others. 
 
Chanyeol looked at me, almost worried. 
 
"Hi," I mumbled.
 
I had told my self, that I at least had to talk a little if I had to be their friend. 
 
They all looked shocked. None of them had expected an answer, they had all thought that I would just ignore them. 
 
"W-what are you s-staring at?" I cursed my self mentally. Why did a have to be stuttering? 
 
None of them answered. They just looked more shocked. 
 
Chanyeol was the first to say anything. "What exactly did Baekhyunnie tell you yesterday?" he asked. It sounded like he was really shocked. 
 
"It doesn't matter. If it was anything you needed to know, then he had told you, hyung," I answered. 
 
"Wait a bit," Luhan suddenly said.
 
Chanyeol and I both looked at him.
 
"Where do you know Baekhyun from?" he then asked me. 
 
"He's his cousin," Chanyeol said instead of me. 
 
They were still staring at me. I didn't really like the way I suddenly had all the attention.
 
My head begin to hurt - more than it already did. It looked like Chanyeol had seen how I suddenly changed. 
 
"Guys, let's get to class before we're late," Chanyeol said. 
 
The others agreed and walked to their classes. Me and Chanyeol should the same way. 
 
"Are you okay?" he asked. I just nodded, and wanted to thank him, but I didn't.