3

Maybe Not That Bad

 

"You're late," Tao said, when he saw me. 
 
"I was at the hospital," I answered. 
 
Tao just nodded.
 
He knew about my brain, and he tried to help me a lot. I think you could say, that he was my best friend. Although we only was together at work, we had become good friends. We had both worked here before this place turned into a café. Before it had been a resturant. But Tao's father had chosen to make it a café instead. That's right. Tao was the son of our boss. 
 
"Was it worse?" I heard a voice ask. 
 
I turned around and saw Chen. Chen was my second friend. He knew about my condition too. 
 
I nodded. "A little." 
 
Chen was about to say something, when he got cut off by the door. 
 
"Let's get back to work," Tao said and walked into the kitchen. 
 
I sighed, but turned my attention to the customers.
 
It was three boys around my own age, and they all wore the uniform from the school I also went to. 
One of the boys had tanned skin and dark hair. He was the tallest of the boys. Then there was a boy who had big eyes, and dark hair too. But none of the boys looked interesting. It was the last boy I found interesting. He had blond hair, and the face of a baby. He looked nice, but I had learned not to judge just by looks. 
 
"What can I help with?" I asked politely. 
 
"Four cups of coffee," The blond answered. 
 
I nodded and gave the order to Chen.
 
I didn't even think about the fact that they were three, but that they had ordered four coffies. My brain couldn't really think about that now. 
 
I sighed as I felt the headache from earlier come back. 
 
Chen placed the cups in front of me. "Are you okay?" he asked, worried. 
 
I blinked a couple of times, before nodding. I took the cups and went over to the boys. I placed the cups in front of the boys. 
 
"Wait," I heard the blond boy say, before I could walk off. 
 
"What?" I asked coldly. 
 
"What is your name?" 
 
"You shouldn't care," I answered. 
 
The boy laughed a little. "That's Kai and Kyungsoo," he said and introduced the two boys. "I'm Luhan." 
 
"I don't care," I just mumbled and walked away.
 
I didn't like the way that Luhan boy talked. I didn't like that he talked so nicely, even though I had been cold. The thing I didn't like the most, was the feeling I got inside. I felt somehow happy, and I didn't like it. 
 
I felt someone grab my arm, and turn me around. It was Tao. "Try to be a little friendly, Sehun-ah. Those guys are from the same school as you, maybe they actually want to be your friends." 
 
"What if I don't want them to be my friends?" I asked, my voice almost a whisper. 
 
"Why? Why don't you want them to be your friends?" Tao asked. 
 
"I'll end up hurting them," I answered. "What is the point in having them as friends, when I'll end up forget them anyway?" 
 
Tao didn't answer. He just sighed and walked away. 
 
I told myself that I was happy. I told myself that it was fine, only to have Chen and Tao as friends. 
 
But the truth was, that I was lonely. I was very lonely.
 
_____________________________________________________________________________________
 
I don't know anything about coffee, and I can't spell the names of the coffies I know about. But it isn't important what kind of coffee it is. It's just coffee. ^^'