11

Maybe Not That Bad

 

Suho, Kris and Lay didn't scold Sehun when he came home. They tried to talk to him, but Sehun ignored them, and locked himself in his room. He didn't want to talk to them. He was fast asleep after that. 
 
The next morning he woke up, with a weird feeling. He felt unsure and empty. He didn't know why. 
 
He met Lay in the kitchen. He was making breakfast, and didn't turn around to look at Sehun. 
 
"Goodmorning, Lay-hyung," Sehun said. 
 
Lay turned around and looked at him. He looked weirdly at him. "I'm not Lay, Sehun-ah. I'm Suho." 
 
Sehun's eyes widdened.
 
"Suho-hyung." Did he just forget his name? Did he just.. 
 
Sehun couldn't believe that he had forgotten that. 
 
"It's okay Sehun-ah," Suho said and gave him a hug.
 
Sehun really couldn't believe it. He felt guilty again. Why did everything make him guilty? 
 
"I have to go," Sehun mumbled. "I have to go to school." 
 
"Baekhyun is picking you up," Suho said, as he gave Sehun some breakfast. Sehun sighed. 
 
-- 
 
"Sehun-ah," Luhan said as soon as he saw him. That was something that hadn't changed. Luhan talked a lot to Sehun. Sehun wasn't really sure, if he liked him. But he thought that he himself, was beginning to get some feelings for Luhan. 
 
"Goodmorning," Sehun answered. 
 
They were all surprised when Baekhyun came out of the car. Everyone except Chanyeol. 
 
"Baekkie!" Chanyeol exclaimed and pulled Baekhyun into a hug.
 
Everyone laughed at him. "Don't forget that we're going on a date later." He sounded really serous. Almost like he would be willing to kill, if he didn't remember. 
 
"You too, Kyungsoo," Kai said and layed an arm around Kyungsoo's shoulder.
 
Kyungsoo blushed.
 
The two of them had had feelings towards eachother, but none of them had said anything. 
 
That meant that Sehun and Luhan would be alone. 
 
-- 
 
Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Kai and Kyungsoo had all left Sehun and Luhan. 
 
There was an akward silence.
 
It was the first time since the time in the restroom, they had been alone. Sehun felt nervous, when he was alone with Luhan. He had no idea why, but that was just how it was. 
 
Sehun was about to leave Luhan too, when he felt Luhan take a hold of his wrist.
 
"Sehun-ah, can I go home with you?" He showed Sehun his puppyeyes. "My parents aren't home, and I forgot my key." It was the first time someone had asked Sehun that kind of thing. It wasn't the first time someone had used puppyeyes at him. Baekhyun had done that a lot of times, but it had never worked. Sehun wasn't sure why it worked from Luhan. 
 
"S-sure," he said. "But I have to go to the hospital first." 
 
Luhan didn't ask why, but just nodded. 
 
They walked in silence again. It was akward, but not uncomfortable. 
 
-- 
 
Sehun opened the door into his mother's room. She looked like she used to do. Luhan followed Sehun into the room. He didn't say anything, but just watched when Sehun took his mother's hand. 
 
"Mom," he whispered. "I have someone you should meet."
 
He guestured to Luhan, that he should come closer. He did, without hestitation. 
 
"This is Luhan," Sehun said. "He is a friend of mine." 
 
Sehun turned towards Luhan.
 
"This is my mother," he said. It hurted to say it, but it was true. Luhan nodded and bowed, although she couldn't see him. 
 
"What happened to her?" Luhan couldn't help but ask. "You don't need to tell me if you don't want to," he quickly added. 
 
Sehun shook his head. "It's okay," he said before he took a deep breath. "About a year ago, we were in a caraccident. My father died, my brother died. My mother ended like this, and I'm the only one who was a bit lucky. I ended like I am now." Sehun felt tears on his cheeks. He ignored them. 
 
Luhan pulled Sehun towards him, and gave him a hug. "It's okay Sehun-ah," he said. 
 
Sehun shook his head. "It isn't okay," he sobbed. "There is something else I need to tell you," he said as he pushed Luhan away a little. He took a deep breath. "I'm sick." 
 
Luhan didn't understand what he meant. "What do you mean?" he asked. 
 
"I'm sick. Because of that accident, something is wrong with my brain. My brain doesn't work probably. I am going to lose my memory," Sehun explained.
 
--
 
Sehun and Luhan sat on Sehun's bed. None of them said anything. They hadn't really said anything since Sehun's breakdown. 
 
Sehun was looking at his hands, and Luhan was looking at Sehun. 
 
"You said that you're losing your memory," Luhan said. He was still trying to understand, what exactly Sehun had told him earlier. 
 
Sehun nodded. Luhan thought about it.
 
"That was the reason, you didn't want to be our friend. You were afraid, that you'll forget us." It wasn't a question, but more a conclusion. It all made sense now. 
 
"Then, I'm the only one who knows?" This time it was a question. 
 
Sehun shook his head. "Chanyeol-hyung knows too, and ofcourse Baekhyun-hyung too," he said. 
 
Luhan nodded his head a little. It didn't surprise him. Since he knew that Baekhyun talked a lot, and that Chanyeol was his boyfriend. 
 
"Are you going to forget everything?" Luhan asked as he moved a little bit closer to Sehun. 
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
Uuuhhh :D  
 
I'm really thankful for all the subs. :D 
Thank you. ^^