5

Maybe Not That Bad

 

I woke up with a headache.
 
I was pretty sure, that I had to live with that headache. It would probably be one of the things, that would show my condition had become worse. The headache wasn't as bad, as the one I had yesterday. 
 
Lay was in the kitchen, when I went to get breakfast. He looked at me, and noticed that I was wearing my uniform. 
 
"You shouldn't go to school," he said. 
 
"I am," I answered. My voice didn't sound like I wanted it to. It sounded like a person, who was sick, but pretended to be fine. But that was actually what I was. 
 
"Just be careful. None of us want something to happen like yesterday," he said, sounding a little worried. 
 
"Don't worry," I said. "Can you drive me to the hospital?" I asked, as I ate my breakfast. 
 
He frowned a bit. "Why?" 
 
"I want to visit mom, before school," I said. I didn't mention that I forgot it yesterday. The feeling of guilt was still strong. 
 
"Sure," Lay answered and took the keys to the car. I followed him out the door. 
 
--
 
"You don't need to wait. I know the way to the school from here," I said to Lay, as I went out of the car. I didn't say anything other than that, and just went into the hospital. 
 
It didn't take long to get to my mom's room. I knew exactly where it was. I had been there a lot of times now. 
 
I knocked on the door, knowing that I wouldn't get an answer. I opened the door, and saw my mother laying, as she had done everyday the last year. It was all because of that one accident. Everything that had happened was because of that. 
 
I sat on the chair beside the bed. 
 
It looked like mom was asleep. But how long was she able to sleep? I took one of her hands. 
 
"I'm sorry," I whispered. "I forgot to come yesterday." 
 
It was times like that, I hoped she would say something. I hoped that she would wake up, and tell me it was okay. 
 
My eyes began to get teary. "I miss you," I whispered and squeezed her hand.
 
The thing I wanted the most right there, was that se would squeeze my hand too. She didn't and I knew that she wouldn't. 
 
"Somebody tried to be my friends yesterday," I told her. "I don't want to hurt them." 
 
I sighed. 
 
--
 
"Did you meet the new boy yesterday?" Chanyeol asked. 
 
"He works on the new café," Kyungsoo answered. 
 
"He seemed mean," Kai said. 
 
He seemed lonely. He hadn't smiled at all, when we were there. It made me feel pity towards him. 
 
"You did too, when we first talked to you," I said and nudged Kai in the side. He pretended to be offended, but didn't say anything. 
 
"He's probably just shy," Chanyeol said. I nodded. 
 
"How was your date with Baekhyun?" Kai then asked. We all paided attention to Chanyeol's answer. We were curious. 
 
"Fine," he answered. "He want me to meet his brother, and his two cousins." He sounded almost scared. 
 
"Isn't that great?" I asked. 
 
He nodded. "But I'm nervous." He sounded scared. I couldn't help but laugh. 
 
"I don't think they're going to bite you," I said, trying to make him cheer up a bit. 
 
"But Baekhyun said, that his youngest cousin doesn't like to meet new people. He said that he would probably be mean to me," Chanyeol mumbled. 
 
"Don't worry. You're not going there alone. Baekhyun is going to be with you," Kyungsoo said.
 
It seemed like Chanyeol was still nervous.