Surgery

Kidnapped
 
"Hey Gyu, I'm back." Yongguk announced as he opened the hospital door, surprised to see Dongwoo and Hoya sitting next to the bed.
 
"Oh, hey Yongguk," Sunggyu greeted, smiling happily, "Dongwoo and Hoya decided to visit me for the day."
 
Yongguk greeted them, setting his bag down, "Hey guys,"
 
Dongwoo smiled and waved, while Hoya just nodded towards him.
 
"So what time are you going into surgery?" Dongwoo asked, looking at Sunggyu who was sitting on the bed.
 
Sunggyu sat in thought for a moment before answering, "I'm pretty sure it's in the morning. Yongguk, do you remember?"
 
Yongguk nodded, "Yup, 9 o' clock, give or take a few minutes."
 
Dongwoo nodded, "How long till you can see? We want to hang out with you without that scary receptionist nurse telling us when he has to come back."
 
Sunggyu laughed at Dongwoo's description of the nurse while Yongguk shivered at the thought of her almost attacking him yesterday for almost bringing Sunggyu back late. Hoya looked around the room, pointing to the giant pile of hamster plushies.
 
"How many more are you going to collect until you're satisfied, Sunggyu hyung? You already have over a hundred!" Hoya exclaimed, shocking Yongguk.
 
"YOU HAVE A HUNDRED?!" Yongguk shrieked, "Why would you make me get you more?!"
 
Sunggyu shrugged, "You can never have too many hamsters." he said, gaining groans from everyone in the room.
 
"But hyung, you have an entire room full back at home! Everytime I go in there to get something, I feel like they're staring me down!" Dongwoo shouted. Sunggyu laughed at everyone's serious tone, patting Dongwoo on his head, though it may have been Hoya's as he heard a small grumble of, "Not Dongwoo, smart one."
 
"It's because they are." was all he said, thouroughly freaking out Dongwoo and leaving him to stare down the pile of plushies sitting in the corner.
 
Yongguk shook his head at his boyfriend, gently smacking him on the head, "Stop terrorizing him, he probably still has nightmares form the haunted house, no need to add stalking hamsters to that!"
 
Hoya sighed, trying to pry his arm out of Dongwoo's iron grip, "Yongguk. Not helping. Now someone save my arm before I lose it."
 
After prying a frightened Dongwoo off of Hoya, the two left, leaving Sunggyu and Yongguk alone.
 
 
"Hey, I need to finish some paperwork for the surgery, okay? I'll be back in a second." Yongguk said, getting a small grunt from Sunggyu before he left.
 
Sunggyu played with his fingers, tried listening to music, doing anything to get his mind off of the impending surgery.
 
To say Sunggyu was nervous was an understatement. He was terrified. Sure, he had a fortune teller's word that it would be fine, but that's not necessarily reassuring considering the woman's profession.
 
"Calm down, I can practically hear you overthinking." Yongguk chuckled as he reentered the room, putting down the stack of papers and walking over to Sunggyu and give the elder a comforting hug and a kiss in the head.
 
"Everything will go fine. This doctor's known for being the best. It'll be done before you know it." Yongguk comforted, giving the elder one last hug before standing up.
 
Sunggyu sighed, "I know, but still-"
 
"I'm sorry, am I interrupting?" a female doctor asked as she entered the room. Sunggyu shook his head, giving her a small smile.
 
"I'm just nervous." he admitted. The doctor smiled, patting Sunggyu's shoulder.
 
"Don't worry, it's normal to feel nervous. I should introduce myself, I'm Doctor Park, and I'm going to be performing the surgery. I was supposed to visit yesterday, but I was swamped with work and couldn't make it."
 
Sunggyu smiled, "Ah, it's okay, my friends were visiting anyways and they would have given you a hard time."
 
Dr. Park laughed and turned to Yongguk, holding out her hand.
 
"And you are?" she asked good-naturedly. Yongguk returned the smile, shaking her outstretched hand.
 
"I'm Yongguk, Sunggyu's boyfriend."
 
She smiled, giggling, "Wow, Sunggyu-sshi, you have a very nice taste in men." she commented, making both Sunggyu and Yongguk flush red, stammering.
 
"E-Excuse me?" Sunggyu stuttered, blushing furiously.
 
Dr. Park laughed, patting her patient's back, "Calm down, it's a compliment, and I won't steal him. Okay, well I would love to stay and chat some more, but I have to get a few more things done before your surgery, Sunggyu-sshi. A few nurses should be coming by soon to bring you to the operating room." she informed, smiling.
 
Yongguk thanked the doctor, following her to the door and closing it before walking back to the still blushing Sunggyu. He laughed, ruffling his boyfriend's hair.
 
"What? Surprised? You know, contrary to your beliefs, I am actually good looking." Yongguk teased, pinching Sunggyu's cheeks. Sunggyu scowled, slapping Yongguk's hand away and pouting.
 
"Well, in my defense, it's not every day your surgeon compliments your choice in men!" Sunggyu retorted. Yongguk chuckled, ruffling Sunggyu's hair again.
 
"Calm down, nothing to get all jumpy about." he laughed. Sunggyu pouted again, crossing his arms childlishly.
 
"You're mean!"
 
"And you're not Mr. I'm-Going-to-Attack-My Boyfriend-and-Spend-All-of-His-Money-on-Hamsters?"
 
Sunggyu scowled as he couldn't think of a comeback while Yongguk cheered and danced around the room, freezing when he heard the sound of some girls giggling. He turned around to see the nurses standing at the doorway, minus the receptionist, giggling at Yongguk and Sunggyu's childish argument.
 
"You guys really are adorable," one young nurse said after she had calmed down from the giggling fit. The other nurses chimed in, talking about how sweet they were and how they have never seen the two fight. Yongguk and Sunggyu awkwardly listened to the nurses chatting before the receptionist spoke up.
 
"Now ladies, as much fun as it is to talk about these two boys' private love life right in front of them- we have work to do and I suggest we all start doing it. And Yongguk, that means filling out those papers." she ordered, sending the young man a pointed look. Yongguk smiled sheepishly, grabbing the large stack of forms and a pen, sitting down at the small table and filling it out.
 
"Okay, Sunggyu-sshi, we're going to be moving you to the operating room now." the young nurse chirped, smiling sweetly at the blind man. Sunggyu nodded, laying down onto the gurney. Yongguk jumped up again, walking over to Sunggyu and giving the elder a kiss on the lips, effectively making the man blush furiously.
 
"I'll be waiting here for you," Yongguk said with a gummy smile, "probably still filling out these stupid forms, but I'll be waiting nonetheless, okay? Love you."
 
Sunggyu nodded mutely, still too flustered to say anything other than a quiet, "Love you too."
 
The nurses all "aww"ed at the two, the receptionist shaking her head at their cheesiness and clapping her hands and ushering out the nurses, bringing Sunggyu with her. She stopped at the door to see Yongguk reading the forms, scribbling down information when he had to, and chuckled quietly, shaking her head.
 
"Those two." she chuckled, walking back to her desk.
 

 

Sorry, dearies, a really bad, short chapter. I'm really sorry!! I got sick this weekend and I've been coughing nonstop. I swear, I feel like one of my organs will come out with all of the coughing I'm doing! Anyways, sorry for the late, short, bad update, and when I get better, I will update!!!!!! I can promise you that! Now, recpetionist nurse will be doing the thank yous today!

 

Nurse: Do I have to? I have a ton of paperwork...

 

Please? *puppy dog eyes*

 

Nurse: *sigh* Fine. Thank you to HeavenlyScales, yoosulover4ever, empresschingyu, and CRAZYdevil for subscribing to Evil_Pandabear's story!

 

Thank you!!!! And the poll results were you guys wanted a chapter for Himchan, so that'll come soon (I'm actually really glad you guys voted yes, because I really wanted to right a chapter like that XD). Oh and does anyone know how to do spell check on AFF? I forgot OTL. Okay, I'm going to go now and cough my organs out some more- BYE!!~~~

 

- Evil_Pandabear-nim