Carnival (Part 2)

Kidnapped

Sunggyu POV

My eye twitched as I was dragged away from my date, who seemed invisible in my friends' eyes.

 

"Freaking ers..." I growled, glaring at Sungyeol, who still had a death grip on my arm.

 

"Did you say something, hyung?" Sungyeol asked. My eye twitched again.

 

"Brighten up, hyung! It's not like you were on a date!" Dongwoo said, oblivious to my anger.

 

"I would hate it if someone took me away from my date, wouldn't you?"

 

I gritted my teeth, "Yes," I seethed, "Yes, I would. And I would hate it even more if it was my friends who dragged me away from my date."

 

Sungyeol sighed, "I would hate that!"

 

I think Hoya and Myungsoo finally caught on, because they began trying to get the two idiots to shut up.

 

"Dongwo-"

 

"Sungyeo-"

 

"Let's go to the arcade!!! Sunggyu hyung, hurry up!!" Dongwoo interrupted, running off, probably pulling Hoya with him. I heard a faint sigh coming from Myungsoo, who's voice was almost completely drowned out by Sungyeol, and someone patting my shoulder.

 

"I'll help you get back to your date, hyung." Sungjong said sympathetically. I nodded my thanks and we began following the idiots and their boyfriends.

 

I began walking behind them, but stopped when I felt my phone ring. I answered it, recognizing the ringtone as Yongguk's.

 

"Hey. Meet me by the bathrooms. Have one of the guys bring you to the bathroom near the ferris wheel," Yongguk said quickly, "I got to go- DAEHYUN, GIVE JONGUP HIS BURGER BACK- bye, Youngjae's trying to kill Daehyun."

 

Sunggyu chuckled, "Okay, I'll see you there in about... three minutes?"

 

"Sounds good. I'm going to start running away and hiding now. I swear, Daehyun's like a dog, he'll find you if you're in a 5 yard radius of him!"

 

"Great. Sungjong said he'll help me get away, so I'll tell him now."

 

"Awesome! Bye, Gyu." Yongguk hung up, letting me talk to Sungjong.

 

"Sungjong, I need you to bring me to the bathrooms by the ferris wheel." I said quietly, so the others couldn't hear.

 

"Meeting up already? Okay, the guys aren't paying attention, let's go. I have a date in twenty minutes, I needed to run away too." Sungjong explained, pulling me away. I sighed, mentally thanking whatever god was up in the heavens for at least a one, somewhat sane, friend. Though it is sad that my "sane" friend is Sungjong, who could possibly be a mafia boss.

 

It took us quite a bit to lose their other friends' trails, eventually breaking out into a run once we heard Sungyeol's loud proclaim that we were missing. I think Hoya and Myungsoo delayed the two from hunting us down, and Sungjong managed to lose them by running into a mirror maze and sneaking out of the back. He left me by the bathrooms to go to his own date, which wasn't even at the carnival.

 

"Then where are you two meeting?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. Sungjong giggled, probably blushing.

 

"We're going to go to the movies, and then he's taking me out to dinner, and afterwards, I'm hoping he'll walk me home, and if I'm lucky, I can get him to stay for a while and maybe ch-"

 

"You're ranting and you're going to be late." I interrupted, laughing as Sungjong gasped, running away.

 

"Bye, hyung!" he called, his voice getting distant. I waved, humming as I waited for Yongguk.

 

"Gyu! I got away!" Yongguk called, probably smiling like an idiot right now. He grabbed my hand and began pulling me away.

 

"Where are we going?" I asked, catching up to him so that we were walking side by side.

 

"Let's go onto the ferris wheel, so that the guys can't see us." Yongguk said, pulling us to the line. I nodded and we began talking about the ers known as our friends.

 

"The guys only got me so that I'd pay for their food," Yongguk growled, obviously irritated, "I mean, they're old enough to pay for their own things, why must I always pay just because I'm older? Shouldn't it be the opposite? I'm older, they should be paying! And then Daehyun goes off and starts stealing everyone's food and Youngjae starts cursing him out in front of a kid! And the child was only five!"

 

I laughed as he continued ranting until we were on the ferris wheel, sighing when he finished the very long rant.

 

"So how were you?" he asked, grabbing my hand again. I rested my head on his shoulder, playing with his fingers.

 

"They were about to bring me to the arcade, but Sungjong helped me escape. He had a date too, but they probably dragged him here so that they wouldn't get bored or whatever lame excuse that they made up." I said nonchalantly, "Luckily, my wallet didn't suffer as you called right before they began looking for me to pay for the games."

 

Yongguk chuckled, his chest rumbling as he did, "Aren't I just your knight in armor?"

 

Again with the stupid princess references. I lifted up my head to glare at him, smacking him squarely across the shoulder I was just leaning on moments ago.

 

"What is up with you and making me into a princess!?" I asked, pissed off again.

 

Yongguk chuckled nervously, probably scratching the back of his neck like he always does when he gets nervous or embarrassed.

 

"Sorry?"

 

I huffed, crossing my arms and looking away, smirking a bit as Yongguk began pleading for me to stop ignoring him.

 

"Sunggyu, you know I didn't mean it!!" he whined, "I promise I won't anymore!"

 

I sighed, deciding to forgive him, and faced him once more, not that it really made a difference to me, his voice was still there even if I wasn't facing him, though now it wasn't as distant sounding. He sighed in relief, grabbing my hand again as we both resumed relaxing in the metal car.

 

"This is nice... no idiot friends ruining our date." I mumbled, leaning into Yongguk. He hummed back, nodding in agreement.

 

The rest of our ride was uneventful, except for a massive wave of texts and calls from our friends that we both ignored. I had the misfortune of deciding to listen to one and get our ears blown off with Sungyeol's screaming.

 

"HYUNG!! WHERE ARE YOU?! WE- OWWW!!!! MYUNGSOO WHAT WAS THAT FOR? - Leave them alone- BUT MYUNGIE!! - Just leave them alone, Sungyeol.-"

 

I sent a mental thanks to Myungsoo for cutting that short, considering there weren't anymore from Sungyeol after that one. I sighed once we got off, going back ot the noise and smell-filled carnival grounds.

 

"What time is it?" I asked Yongguk as we walked past the loud vendors.

 

"Uhhh... only 9 o' clock, we have a lot of-"

 

"I FOUND YONGGUK HYUNG!!!" a voice heavily laced with a Busan accent, shouted. Yongguk winced, pulling me away as fast as he could.

 

"! Daehyun found us!" Yongguk growled, both of us running from them. He pulled me into a tent, both of us trying to be silent.

 

"Running from someone?" a voice asked from behind us. I jumped, not noticing the other's presence. It was heavily accented by some foreign language that was not Korean. I leaned towards Yongguk, "Who just said that?" I asked in a hushed voice, a bit of fear in my voice.

 

"Fortune teller. She's doesn't look like she's from Korea, and she looks creepy." Yongguk whispered back. For once, I'm glad I can't see this lady.

 

"Why not come and have your fortune told, hm? I don't think Daehyun and the others will give up so soon." she said knowingly. I leaned closer to Yongguk, somewhat hiding behind my bigger boyfriend.

 

"Did we say Daehyun's name in here?" I asked Yongguk, who whispered back a hasty, "Not at all."

 

I guess the lady started gesturing for Yongguk to come, because the idiot actually started moving closer to the middle of the tent. I starting whispering to him that this was not a good idea and that the lady was fake, even though she was beginning to convince me otherwise, not that I told him that. He ignored me, probably too curious to care, and we ended up both sitting in front of the fortune teller, Yongguk tightly holding my hand underneath the table in case we had to run. I honestly don't know why we're so scared of the lady, if she were fake we shouldn't be shivering in our seats, but she gives off this creepy aura that even a blind man could feel.

 

"So, what would you like me to tell you? I'll let you ask two questions each." she said, the room already dropping a few degrees. I thought that was only me, but then Yongguk's hand had goosebumps as the temperature dropped. I gulped, my mouth going dry.

 

"How's our relationship going to go?" I managed to ask without my voice cracking like a fifteen year old boy going through puberty.

 

She started muttering some weird stuff, something similar to a Satanic chant, in my opinion.

 

"You'll be fine, you will have some rough times, but much better than your past realtionships." she said after a moment of nothing but her weird chants and our breathing. I felt Yongguk squeeze my hand, as if he agreed with the fortune teller.

 

"How's his surgery going to go? Will everything be okay?" Yongguk asked warily, shifting slightly in his seat. The chants started up again, but this time it wasn't as long.

 

"The surgery will go perfectly fine, and he should be able to see very soon." she said in her accented Korean. I sighed in relief, though this lady might be a fake, it's nice hearing some kind of reassurance.

 

"Okay, last question. Are our friends still looking for us?" I asked, wanting to go and hang out some more before I got locked up in the hospital. She chuckled before chanting, Yongguk playing with my fingers as we waited.

 

"No, they left. You two are free to spend your night together in peace." she said almost endearingly, "Have fun, it's already 10 and there is a lot of traffic."

 

Yongguk muttered as curse, probably realising the time, and pulled me up.

 

"Come on, Sunggyu, let's just walk around for awhile, we can leave at 11."

 

<><><><><>

 

No One's POV

 

The couple didn't do much other than walk around and have some snacks and play some games before they left the carnival. Like the fortune teller had said, their friends were nowhere to be seen, only a single text from Youngjae about how they left since Junhong and Jongup had school and Daehyun had work. Sunggyu yawned as he dragged his tired body into the passenger seat of the car.

 

"Hurry up," Sunggyu whined, grabbing one of the many hamster plushies in the car, "I wanna sleep."

 

Yongguk shook his head, chuckling at his boyfriend before starting the car, "Patience, Sunggyu. The fortune teller lady said there would be traffic, let's see if she's right. Even with traffic, we'll probably make it back to the hospital around 11:30." Yongguk told Sunggyu as he pulled out onto the road. A comfortable silence filled the car as Yongguk drove them back to the hospital, cursing when he saw the traffic in front of him. It was much worse than he expected, and barely moved at all.

 

"Why did she have to be right?" Yongguk muttered, drumming his fingers impatiently against the steering wheel. He glanced to his right to see Sunggyu cuddling with the hamster plushie, snoring softly in his sleep. Yongguk chuckled at his cute boyfriend, turning back to face the traffic with a light smile on his face.

 

"Let's just hope the rest of her predictions are right."

 

<><><><><>

 

"Finally! You two are back!" the nurse exclaimed, coming around the desk she was sitting behind to confront the two young men standing before her. She didn't bother questioning the giant plastic bag filled with hamsters of different designs, colors, and sizes, and instead focused on the sheepishly smiling man carrying them.

 

"I did bring him back before 12," Yongguk reasoned. The nurse sent him a short glare before pointing at the clock.

 

"11:59. You are really something, Bang Yongguk." she sighed. Yongguk smiled, laughing.

 

"You sound like some overprotective parent." he chuckled, the nurse sent him another sharp glare, quickly making him shut up.

 

"I am simply looking out for the welfare of my patient. When I said you could stay out until 12, I didn't mean to come back a minute before 12!" she exclaimed, throwing her hands up in exasperation. She took a deep breath, closing her eyes.

 

"I'm sorry, Yongguk, Sunggyu, I'm just stressed. Why don't you two have a good night's rest, because there's going to be a lot of moving tomorrow as we prep for Sunggyu's surgery." she said wearily, giving the two a tired smile. Yongguk gave her a gummy smile back, while Sunggyu settled for a tired grin, befor the two set off for their room.

 

The nurse sighed as she sat back down, tying up her hair in a messy bun as she went back to her paperwork.

 

"Those two are too cute together..." she said, chuckling as she picked up her pen.

 


 

 

Hello~ Sorry if this chapter was bad, I kind of ran out of ideas and ended up going with the cliché "Fortune Teller Telling the Future" route. Writing in Sunggyu's point of view is wretchedly hard too! I have to think of ways to describe things without sight! But then again, it's a good challenge. I think I'm writing useless stuff right now so I'm going to stop.

 

And has anyone seen MYNAME's new music video? I loved it!!

 

Junhong's going to be doing the thank yous' today!! Junhong-ah?

 

Junhong: *blinks* Oh, yeah, umm *blinks* thank you BangYonkGuk, TaoSelcaPanda *blinks*, hamhamgyu, *blinks* gyumo9215, Yumene, *blinks* squishy-one, MinJeeE, *blinks* ishipthemsohard, and blabbermouthkissme for subscribing to Kidnapped*blinks*

 

Thank you, dear, now go run off and play. Thanks to all of my subscribers for all of the lovely comments and the support! I really love all of the comments I get!! Please feel free to point out any errors or things that you don't like. Bye~

 

- Evil Pandabear