Day Two Part I

Make It Up

"It is 6:20 in the morning, this is exactly what we wanted right? Perfect for a nice hiking adventure, the rising sun will let us enjoy the wonderful scenery while climbing the rocky trails of Hallasan." Mrs. Jang gladly said while stretching her arms upward.

"Umm excuse me this is the school that called yesterday right? May I speak to the one in charge, I will just ask some questions. Thank you this won't take long." the staff said then Mr. Lee followed.

 

"I really don't like this kind of stuffs, hiking and overnight camping. Tch!" Hana said whining on Yuri's back.

"Why? Hiking is fun, especially when you do it with friends." Yuri uttered.

"I have difficulties in remembering routes and places and staying at night in the mountain is super creepy. I just wish I won't have a bad time finishing this thing." Hana said with a long face.

"Yah don't worry I will walk with you and there are a lot of students so there''s nothing to be afraid of." Yuri assured.

 

"Students listen, I have a bad news. I don't think we will be able to have an overnight camp on the mountains." Mr. Lee said.

"What?!" a lot of students exclaimed.

"Yes!" Hana exclaimed softly.

"Well she said that it is prohibited to hike at night and have an overnight camp here. They want to keep the park safe and avoid hikers to be lost in the mountains." Mr. Lee explained.

"So what will we do now?" a student asked.

"We will still hike, reach for the peak, enjoy the scenery...."

"Then how about the things we collected, all of this will just be wasted." Jongup said as he raised his backpack.

"We can't have an overnight camp but we are still going on a hike, so most of the things you've got are still going to be used. " Mr. Lee uttered.

"Yeah he's right, we are really sorry but we can still have fun, right?" Mrs. Jang said then looked at the students.

"That is okay with us beacause to be honest overnight camping ! It will just irritate me, like some things out there...." Kyungmi exclaimed with arms crossed.

"Ok it's settle now, let's get started, prepare your things and fix everything now. First we will walk up the Seongpanak trail, while going up we will encounter different shelters, in there we could take some rest then we will continue until we reach the peak. After that we will get back on the last shelter so we can have a heavy meal, if you want we can cook our own food there, then we will go down using Ganeumsa trail then go back to the hotel. Any questions?" Mr. Lee explained as he clear things out due to sudden changes.

"Ok you have none let's get going now." Mr. Lee said then everyone started walking.

 

"I'm so glad that overnight camp is cancelled. Aigoo..." Hana sighed then looked at Yuri and Sungjae from behind.

"Yeah but it's such a waste." Sungjae said.

"But at least we are still able to this. This is really fun!" Yuri uttered with a grin.

"And tiring..." Hana added with head turned downward.

 

After two and a half hours they reached the Jindalaebat Shelter....

 

​"Everyone take some rest first if you want you can eat some snacks, we still have a long way to go for." Mr. Lee said as he let out a quick breath of air.

"Aigooo at last a resting place!!" Jongup exclaimed then sat down on a bench and took his sandwich from his bag.

"I will just buy some ramyeon you want some?" Sungjae asked Yuri.

"No I'm fine you go buy." Yuri said shaking her head left and right then Sungjae head to the counter.

 

"You want some?" Zelo asked Yuri while handing her a granola bar.

"No, no thank you, its ok." Yuri refused.

"Ooohhh you don't like, that means you want to collapsed and be unconscious while climbing up and let these busy people help you while we are in the middle of this mountain wherein we don't have any place to rest except for these shelters that are miles away from each other." Zelo said squinting his eyes to Yuri while leaning closer and closer.

"Fine, give me that!" Yuri exclaimed then grabbed the bar from Zelo's hand.

"Why are you smiling?" Yuri asked glancing up on Zelo as she was taking a bite on her snack.

"Huh? Nothing" Zelo said looking delightedly.

"Yuri!.. Oh Zelo!" Sungjae exclaimed.

"Yo!" Zelo greeted as he slightly raised his hand.

"Ah I'll go there now, Yuri finished that up hmm..." Zelo added then left.

"Psssh, I thought you're not hungry?" Sungjae asked.

"I don't remember saying anything like that." Yuri said as she swallowed up the last piece of the granola bar.

"Ok, ok..." Sungjae uttered while continuously nodding.

 

"Let's go now! Come on, come on." Mr. Lee shout out. 

 

After a long way of walking they finally reached the summit....

 

"Woah we're finally here, Baengnokdam is so cool!!" Mr. Lee shouted with both arms upward.

"What are you waiting for? Go get your cameras and snap a shot of this beautiful surroundings." Mrs. Jang said

"Yeah right! Come on Yuri let's take some pictures there!!" Hana exclaimed then dragged Yuri towards a part of the mountain with a nice backdrop.

"Everyone done? Let's go back down the shelter now, I'm sure all of you are really hungry." Mrs. Jang said.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Since they only sell limited stocks of food, I guess we have to cook our own. We have a grill so who wants some bulgogi? We can make some gimbap too if you want." Mrs. Jang questioned the students.

"Yeah we would love that we are so starving!!" 

 

"Seonsaengnim can we have some more kimchi here hehe.." Jongup said as he stood up to reach.

"Yah don't eat that much or else you're gonna have a bad time." Zelo chuckled.

"Zelo oppa's right and puh-lease don't eat like there is no tomorrow. Gosh you're such a pig!!" Kyungmi smirked then rolled her eyes on Jongup.

 

"Aigoo I'm so full...." Hana sighed.

"Yeah me too... Yah Yook Sungjae you should eat this too since you're a big guy, ok?" Yuri said then gave Sungjae all her leftovers.

"Hehe thanks." Sungjae said awkwardly and let out a wry smile.

 

"I guess everyone already have enough rest, we better get going now it's already 4 pm. We can't stay here late because that would be really dangerous." Mr. Lee said right after drinking from his water bottle.

 

"You know to tell you the truth I guess hiking is really not that bad. I have so much fun!!" Hana said putting her arms on Yuri's shoulders.

"I told you, you should just try things first before reaching a decision." Yuri stated.

"Umm Yuri, Hana, I'll go ahead of you okay, I'm not feeling good." Sungjae uttered rushing.

"Yuri I think you gave him so much food." Hana said hiding her smiles.

"Hahaha I guess so haha!!" The two giggled.

 

"Ah Hana you should always stay near me ok, you told me that you're bad on remembering directions right. It's getting dark and we're kinda at the back but we are almost there so ah..." Yuri said as she looked behind her.

"Hana? Yah Park Hana! Aigoo.." Yuri shouted about to cry as she go back to look for her.

"Where is she going?" Zelo said softly as he followed her, worried about her actions.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Ok I guess that's all of you, go inside the bus now." Mrs. Jang said.

"Seonsaengnim wait!!" Hana said panting.

"Oh Park Hana, let's go now. Aigoo take some rest okay." Mrs. Jang concernedly said.

"I hope Yuri's already there, I can't believe I lost her." Hana whispered to herself.

 

"We're going back now, you should take some rest so you can restore all your energy. It's already 8 in the evening, I know all of you are really tired." Mr. Lee said then sat down on the first seat of the bus.

"I wonder where Yuri is?" Sungjae asked.

"Maybe she's on the other bus, Zelo is not here too. That's what happens when you walk slow, have they forgotten that there are a lot of students with us. Now they're staying on the other bus." Jongup said shaking his head because of disappointment.

"Yeah right..." Sungjae said worriedly as he looked outside the window.