| 8 ; reprisal ; |

The 'Game of Nowhere'
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

❝reprisal;
_______________________________________________________________________________
                                  If only I did not committed that reprisal, it would have been a 'happily ever after'. 

CHEN's perspective 

I got out of the terrace, escaping the thick atmosphere from the living room. There is nothing to be seen and lightning is continuously flashing across the sky.

“Can you believe this insane thing?” Xiumin asked behind me.

“Maybe I should.” I turned to look at him and smiled. “We are already inside by the way.”

“It was rather a nice weather, isn’t it?” He touched the railing.

“It should have been if there wasn’t lightning.” I looked at the sky.

“Don’t hate yourself.” He chuckled and gazed at me. “You are lightning.”

I let out a sigh. “Whatever.” I slumped myself on the floor. “The chance of survival is so little anyway.”

“Never seen you this pessimistic.” He sat beside me.

“It’s just I can’t believe this is happening.” I closed my eyes.

Everything went into abrupt silence. I waited for any answers but there is none. I opened my eyes and found myself in another dimension. Everything was pitch dark and silent except for the deafening ticking of the clock. I was about to walk when something stopped my feet, a chain perhaps. A spotlight immediately followed after. I gazed at the ground, seeing myself standing on a huge number 9. I bent down and tried loosening the chain. After several tries, another spotlight opened. I lifted up my line of sight and found Sehun standing on number 12. Now that I think of it, the ground seems to resemble a clock. We look at each other’s eyes, wanting to ask why we are here.

“Annyeong!” A little girl’s voice greeted. “Welcome to the ‘Game of Nowhere’.”

“Where are you?” I yelled. “Show yourself.”

She laughed. “Have some respect dear.”

“We are way older than you.” Sehun defended. “Show yourself.”

“But I am way more powerful.” She showed herself.

She was sitting at the middle of the clock, at the origin of its hands. She had her head bent down, holding a dagger that’s dripping with fresh blood. Of what blood it is, I really don’t want to know.

“Where are the other members?” I looked around.

She raised her head. “Their place would be my secret.” She smiled.

Her eyes are just empty black holes but I can feel her intense gaze. Sehun just kept looking at her, maybe thinking about something.

“By the way, let me tell you about something.” She stood up. “Luhan would tell everyone a hint, so listen and be aware.”

“What’s with that nonsense?” I said in rage.

She smirked. “A prophecy perhaps.” She faced Sehun. “So Sehun, is it a deal?”

I looked at Sehun. What deal?

“No matter how hard you try to stop it, the game will still find a way by any means. The more you try to stop it, the more the game would be a bloodshed.” Sehun looked down and mumbled.

“Did Kai say that to you?” The girl smiled even more. “He is indeed interesting. I wonder what he’ll do this time.”

“What are you talking about?” I asked loudly. “What’s the deal?”

“To accept the game or reject it.” The girl glanced at me.

I was stunned and before I could react, something has taken me aback even more.

“Accepted.” Sehun said firmly.

The girl smiled widely and looked back to Sehun. “You’ve made the right choice.”

“NOOOO!” I yelled with teary eyes. “How can that be the right choice? Sehun, tell her that it’s jus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter