| ;special chapter; |

The 'Game of Nowhere'
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You dont have to suffer it. Sacrificing it...

is the other way.

      ❝promises

_______________________________________________________________________________
                                  I often make promises, voice out oaths, so tell me honestly, are promises really meant to be broken?

GLACIER's perspective 

Sehun is a brave hero—a legend that the world should know

. Crying, I caught Xiumin in my arms and saw Sehun closed the porch. I felt awe upon Sehun; I find him strong and brave but then he was nothing compared to Her. He is not yet prepared to fight neither prepared to die. He is still young. He would have had a wonderful future ahead of him—if he wasn’t trapped in this game—but no, this is reality; here he is… facing his own death. I was lost in my thoughts, thinking about the life the twelve of them should have had, until heard Xiumin shouting.

“Oh Sehun! You crazy human, get out there!” Snow started falling. “Who gave you the rights to throw me out and face her alone?”

“Xiumin, stop.” Chen held his arm but my master jerked away and stood up.

“I’m not stopping.” He willed the snow around him and formed a storm. “Sehun! You’re being foolish! Get out here! You’ll die! You’ll…” His shouts faded into sobs as he fell to his knees. The snowstorm subsided.

I was dumbfounded. It is my first time seeing him like this. Xiumin started to shed tears; the Prince of Winter is crying. I was totally stunned and I really don’t know what to do.

“Sehun, let me help you.” He squeezed through heart aching sobs. “Let’s fight together and if things ever go bad, let’s die… together.” He had spoken together almost in a whisper and then he hollered the name Sehun.

I stared at him, unmoved. I kept observing him, seeing how heartbroken he was. Desperation loomed above him. He wants to save Sehun so badly. He is willing to risk everything to help him.

Slowly, I stood up and unsheathed my dagger. I wiped my tears away and walked willingly towards the hurricane, getting past through Xiumin.

“Glacier, what are you doing?” He asked as he grabbed my hand.

“I’m going to help him.” I replied without looking at him.

“No, don’t.” He tightened his grip as he stood up. “You’ll stay here beside me. I’m not losing you.”

“Liar.” I turned to face him. “I can read your mind, remember?”

“Just… don’t do it, okay?” He said softly. “I know what you are thinking.”

I took a step farther. “You’re lying again.” I slipped my hand off his grip. “Your heart is telling me otherwise.”

“Don’t listen to my heart, listen to me.” He tried to hold my hand but I hid it behind me. “Glacier, please.”

“A heart can never lie, Xiumin, but the lips can.” I took another step backwards. “You really want to save him even that means risking everything, including me.”

He fell silent and bent his head down. I knew I hit the truth.

“So I guess this is goodbye.” I sighed in contentment. “Don’t worry about me. I’m bound to die anyway. At least I can help him. Nothing would be in vain.” I immediately took another step backwards and turned into a falcon. I flapped my wings and dove into the hurricane.

Lightning flashed and thunder cracked. I saw Sehun standing firmly as he waited for the incoming assault. He looks like he doesn’t have a plan of evading it, he was committing suicide. I transformed back midair and knocked him down a second before the lightning would have hit him. I met his eyes and I was carried away by his thoughts, the memoirs of his past.

I stood at a corner if a room full of mirrors, withh music banging loudly at the speakers. I saw a man dancing and I later realized it was Sehun, maybe a year younger. His sweat is dripping like rain from excess dancing but he doesn’t mind. He is happy. Dancing is his talent and passion.

I heard the door opened and I saw a young man, smiling, bringing beverages on his hand. “You’re stresssing yourself again, relax a little.” He put down the drinks on the table. “Here, have some.”

Sehun stopped the music and smiled widely at the person. “Thanks hyung.” Sehun took the bubble tea and started sipping. “This is my favorite. How did you know?”

“How can I not know? You are our maknae and I, Suho, am your leader.” He ruffled Sehun’s hair. “You know Sehun, you don’t have to tire yourself. If you are already stretched out to your limit, stop. There is no point breaking through for the suffering may kill you. You can always stop trying, it was never a bad thing. I am not telling you to be a coward, I just want you touunderstand boundaries. Don’t worry, I am here to handle the rest.”

“I’m gonna cry.” Sehun wiped out a fake tear which resulted in receiving a whack in the head from the elder.

“Aish, this punk.” Suho glared at him. “I mean it.”

“Arra.” Sehun blurted out. “I know you mean it. Gomaweo.”

“You’re welcome.” Suho winked at him and left the room.

Sehun then lowered his head and smiled grimly as the door shut. He sighed and went back dancing.

The image shifted. I was back to my body.

“Glacier, why?” I heard Sehun’s voice. “Why are you here?” “To help you, of course.” I said as I stood up. “You’re not allowed to die.” I held my dagger and stared at the most horrible girl in the world, Chaos.

Chaos smirked. “You dare face me eh? You’re not even strong enough to protect your loved ones. You can’t help him. He will die. That is his destiny.” She pouted which is quite inappropriate for her monstrous aura.

“I don’t believe in a rubbish thing called fate.” Arrows made of ice shot out from nowhere towards Chaos.

She opened , as if to speak, but no words were heard. To my shock, the arrows stopped midair as if frozen on a picture. “Don’t provoke me. You know you can’t do it.” The arrows broke and crumbled to dust.

“Who says I can’t?” I aimed and threw my dagger at her but it is dissolved halfway. Good thing is that it will always return in my hand no matter what when I’m in battle. I cursed in frustration.

“Stop acting so good, dear, you can join my cause.” She smiled and reached out for me. “Abandon the Prince of Winter and I’ll brin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter