| 19 ; stories untold ; |

The 'Game of Nowhere'
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

❝stories untold

_______________________________________________________________________________
                                 Those people who claimed to have lots of secrets are those who are afraid to live in reality.

Author's perspective 

1. Kyungsoo

He is not really foolish but somehow, he is. When he decided to take Xiumin back, destiny played a game—a game that is inevitable.

He left the safety of the tent, into the open, to make everything right. He knew it was too risky but he have to try. Xiumin might have left him but he was still his partner, they should be together. He entered the forest, knowing that Xiumin was in there somewhere.

******

He saw them together and since then he had followed them from a safe distance, waiting for a good timing to speak with Xiumin. It wasn’t a simple thing if you would add all the illusions around—it’s a hard task. But when Xiumin went back to fetch something, Kyungsoo grabbed the moment. He pulled Xiumin aside to the bushes.

“Kyungsoo?” Xiumin’s eyes widened in bewilderment. “Why did you follow us?”

“Because we’re partners, Min.” Kyungsoo lowered his voice. “Go back with me. The other’s are worried about you.”

Xiumin shifted uncomfortably. “I can’t. What about Chen?”

“Just come with me for now. We will find a way.” He got hold of his arms. “Come on, Xiumin.”

“I said I can’t!” Xiumin said, a little too loud, as he flung Kyungsoo’s hands. “What is so hard about that? Can’t you understand?”

“We’re supposed to be together, right? It is ‘you’ I can’t understand.”

Xiumin let out a frustrated shout. “Leave before I…”

“…kill you.” Chen finished his words.

Kyungsoo cursed mentally. “Okay, Chen, you’re not into the topic. Leave us alone.”

“You leave us alone.” Chen smirked. “Chen, I can handle this. Step aside.” Xiumin patted his shoulders.

“My pleasure.” He huffed mockingly. “I hate talking with peasants.” “Xiumin, you have to come with me. I can’t just let you break the rules.” Kyungsoo started again when Chen left them. “The rules said that if you betray your partner you’ll die right? I don’t want you to suffer that tragedy. I AM STILL ALIVE!”

“Then I shall put you to death.” A bow and arrow materialized in Xiumin’s hands. “I’m sorry Kyungsoo.” He aimed the arrow at him.

At that moment, thousands of things—memories—appeared on Kyungsoo’s mind. He thought of his reason and the suspected outcome which is unfolding. ‘He was prepared for this’, he tried to convince himself but his heart trembled at the face of death making him do things which aren’t on his plan—and that was begging for his dear life.

“Xiumin, don’t do this. We are partner, we have to help each other to survive.” He knelt before him, tears trickling down. “You can’t just kill me, you will regret this. Listen to me; this is for your own good. Reconsider things and make the right decision. After all the things we’ve gone through, I can’t believe you can do this to me. Think again…”

“I can’t.” Xiumin tried to contain the tears. “Sorry Kyungsoo but—but…” He shot the arrow and witnessed with his own eyes how it pierced through Kyungsoo’s heart. Kyungsoo fell down on his knees and Xiumin’s tears streamed down. The bow was dropped to the ground as it loosened from his hold. Xiumin was devastated, I say, for it is the first time he killed someone with his own hands but without words, Kyungsoo understood the reason. He knew that sometimes, everything will just fall out of control and that sometimes you have to choose between two choices. He wanted to tell him that it doesn’t matter, that he wasn’t mad but he simply doesn’t have the words to speak.

He was already having hard time breathing when Tao entered the scene. He clearly saw the horrified expression in his eyes. The other members were frantic when they discovered what happened. Everything was in chaos. Seeing them like that, he wanted to have the ability to stand up and speak one single thought: Don’t worry. I am prepared to die anyway.

In his last few breaths, he mustered up all his remaining strength to say nine meaningful words with a smile. “I am blessed to be a part of EXO.” And after that he looked at those who are left for the last time and closed his eyes. He actually didn’t know if someone heard him or not, it doesn’t matter. He was just that thankful.

2. Kris

When he saw Kyungsoo soaked with his own blood, Kris fell down for being unable to take it all in. things happened so fast that it makes him incredulous. Sehun just died and now Kyungsoo? Seriously, this is hell.

Yixing ran to aid him but even before he could, Kyungsoo’s body evaporated into thin air. Yixing fell to his knees, feeling like a failure. The world was in slow notion. No one moved, no one spoke, everything was silent but he can clearly hear the shattered hearts being shattered again. This one of the things that made this game cruel: emotions—stupid emotions. For the very first time, Kris felt very helpless. No one cared that Chen and Xiumin fled away, they were still drowned in grief. They already lost three persons and will lose eight more to end the game.

******

They found the tent again but it didn’t lessen their heartaches even a bit. Everyone was depressed; completely forgetting about what they are supposed to do but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter