| 11 ; asylum ; |

The 'Game of Nowhere'
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

❝asylum _______________________________________________________________________________
                                  Even the safest place is not safe enough when you are inside this game; the only safe place is your heart.

KYUNGSOO's perspective 

The strong wind stopped abruptly and rain started to fall real hard. Blood was splattered on the ground. Yixing was crying heavily, cuddling Suho hyung’s fallen body. Blood stains was scattered around Yixing’s shirt but he don’t mind. Only one thing matters for now. Suho hyung is dead and that is worth grieving for.

“Hyung?” I muttered as a tear fell. “Hyung!!”

I stumbled forward and the entire members rushed in. The rain is pouring hard that day but I can see Yixing’s tears clearly. They were so pure like crystals. He was shaking; his bloody hands were clasped tightly. Everything was like a blurry vision, like a dream of which my mind can’t comprehend.

“I’m sorry.” He muttered between sobs. “I’m so sorry.”

Chanyeol slightly moved forward and reached out, gesturing for Yixing to let go of Suho hyung’s body. Yixing was apprehensive and constricted his grasp even more. Chanyeol expression softened and he retreated, understanding fully what Yixing feels.

Luhan moved forward and hugged Yixing from the back. “Let go.” He whispered. “You can’t hold on to someone forever. Everyone needs to go.”

Yixing was astounded, seems to process what Luhan said. He scanned everyone around, as if deciding who to trust. He slowly let go. No one dared to ask what happened, it would be a tough subject. Tao swiftly moved forward and felt hyung’s pulse. After a moment, he lowered his head and shook his head as if announcing: No more vital signs.

“Th-this can’t be… No, this isn’t happening.” Baekhyun stammered. “There should be another way, right Kai? We can still find a way.” He was in trepidation.

Kai stared at him in perspicacity and shook his head. He didn’t utter even a single word of knowledge, now that we mostly need it. But based on his response, I knew there are no more chances.

Baekhyun shook his head in disagreement. “That’s not it. I will find a way. I have to.” He turned his attention to Yixing. “You can heal him, right? There is still hope, I know. I’m not giving up. I…” Tears started raging again as he fell to his knees.

“Baekhyun-ah.” I called out softly. “Stand up, bro.”

I tried to pull him up but he maintained his footing. He kept flinging my hands away and I can tell I can’t change his mind. He is really a naughty guy. Yixing stared at him blankly as if he didn’t meet Baekhyun before. Baekhyun’s tears were unstoppable, incessantly falling along with the silent raindrops.

Kai took a deep breath and took all his willpower to move forward. “Baekhyun, listen to me.” He also knelt down to level his sight with Baekhyun’s. “Yixing is a healer—a divine one. He can heal almost everything, miraculously. His power is flawlessly perfect except for one undeniable fact—he can’t raise someone from the dead.” Kai gave Yixing a glance. “Death is the boundary between life and nothingness. In death, you will know nothing, do nothing, see nothing, and hear nothing—it was totally opposite from life. But life is always entwined with death, we came from nothing, we should go back to nothing. Once you got across, there would be no turning back, no going back. In this sanguinary game, apart from the survivor-to-be, everyone is bound to be dead. When someone set his limitations, if he has given up his thread of life, Death will start haunting him. He can no longer escape his destined demise. The time when the two of you stepped on that arena, hyung already lost. He chose to die and let you live.” Kai took a pause and I can tell he was trying to control his tears. “If he didn’t made that sacrificial decision, maybe you would be the one here lying here breathless. The attempt that Yixing made earlier to heal him is already invalid. That is already against the rule of Chaos.” He looked up the sky as if waiting for lightning to strike him dead and continued. I wonder what Chaos means. “You are the first person to lose a colleague and as time goes on, this game would turn harder and harder for you. As a person with enough knowledge about this game, I want to give you an advice: Don’t let guilt devour your heart, move on, survive, and never look back.” Kai managed a faint smile. “Can you do that for me, Baekhyun?”

Baekhyun choked back a tear and stared at Kai for a long time. He was either puzzled or confused but he bent his head down and wiped his tears away. Kai patted him. When he l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter