| 10 ; first destruction ; |

The 'Game of Nowhere'
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

*walking around* I am so sorry for the very late update. *bows a hundred times* I find it hard to update when school year started  because my mom limits me in using my laptop either my personal computer. So, I made a BACK TO BACK CHAPTER... the word count should be for two chapters but I think it would be nicer if I will include it all in one chapter. Okay, enough with this... here it is.... hope you like it... ENJOY! *runs back to me cave*

MEGA KEY BOARD SLAM

❝first destruction
_______________________________________________________________________________
                                  That first demise gave birth to a sudden havoc—our first destruction.

YIXING's perspective 

“Kris!” I shouted when I saw him far ahead. “Where are the other members?”

He turned around. “What?” He slowly strolled towards me like a boss. “What did you say?”

I rolled my eyes. Aish, is he deaf? As expected…

I struggled hard to imitate his actions. I was trying to keep calm. Despite of the game, I was trying to maintain my composure. I squinted my eyes to adjust in the dark. Slowly, I saw a silhouette taking form just behind Kris. My eyes widened. It was Kai. For an unknown reason, my heart started thumping hard against my chest.

I scrambled and ran towards him. “Kris!” I shouted again.

“Wu Yi Fan!” Kris is still acting normal as if he didn’t hear the panic in my voice. “Yah, Li Jiaheng!”

Kai spread his arms and a pair of black wings emerged. He smirked at me as if saying: You can’t save him, Yixing. I was about to scream again when someone hugged me from behind. I looked down at the hands and I knew, without doubt, to whom they belong.

“Luhan, what is this insanity?” I gritted my teeth.

I heard nothing but his faint breathing beside my ear. He was panting as if he just ran a long distance. I saw Kris disappeared as Kai’s black wings closed around them. Later, they faded. Luhan just tightened his hug, uttering nothing as a response to my question. I sighed. Why can’t I stay angry with this guy? Now that we are on a game of life and death, if only I can stay angry at him, I will have my clear reason why would I murder him for survival. I just shook my head in surrender.

“Luhan, are you going to kill me?” I took a deep breath.

“Yixing, just…” He stammered. “J-just have faith.”

I closed my eyes, trying to understand why he mentioned ‘faith’. “I always have faith in you, Luhan. You know that, man.”

“Then sleep because I will take you somewhere safe.” He whispered.

My eyes felt heavy and everything went black as I fell down in his arms.

*****

“Yixing! Yixing!” Luhan’s voice echoed inside my head. “Wake up, my sleepyhead.”

I opened my eyes and saw myself in a deserted room. Everyone was there but the atmosphere is silent. I can see anxiety and seriousness in everyone’s eyes. Luhan was the only one smiling at me.

“Thanks for trusting me.” Luhan reached out his hand to help me stand.

“If only we weren’t friends, you could have got yourself killed.” I mocked him and accepted his help. I tried to contain my smile inside as he grinned at me sheepishly. I scanned the surroundings and saw Kris with his back facing me. He seems to have a chat with Kai. I made my way towards him and whacked his head hard it almost reached the ground.

“Ouch, what was that for?” He hissed in pain. “That almost plucked my handsome head off.”

“Can you, at least for a moment, forget your overflowing radiance?” I stated my complaint. “In this dangerous time, you still think about your image.”

“What’s wrong with you?” Kris set back a protest. “Did you munch on a poison or something?”

“It’s because… uhmm…” I blushed. “You made me worry.” I mumbled.

He grinned at me like an idiot. “I’m fine, see?” He turned around. “Not a single dirt or scratch can be found. Kai is really good in teleporting, man.”

“Shush, guys, quiet.” Tao stood still. “Listen, do you hear anything?” He put a finger in his lips.

I touched the bricked walls and examined the texture. It is smooth as glass and it is breaking. Wait, breaking? I looked at it intently and slowly retreated. My savoir-faire was telling me to.

“Everyone, move away from the wall.” I commanded as I drag Kris with me.

Everyone followed my orders. I looked around and noticed that Suho and Baekhyun were absent.

“Where are they?” I stared questioningly at Kai. “What happened to them? Why are they not here?”

“Oh, them?” A pebble appeared on his open palm. “They’re there.” He threw the stone to the wall.

The bricked wall cracked and the crumbled to glass shards. My eyes closed voluntarily because of the sudden bright light that gushed through. The moment I opened my eyes, I almost fainted. The scene was beyond everyone’s imagination. Our Baekhyun, our lovable Baekhyun, had his sword pierced through Suho’s body. Revenge and desperation was written in Baekhyun’s face.

Kai bent his head down in compunction. I can tell he really knew this would happen. Kai, what is really happening? I gazed at him intently and wished that I could read his mind. Our milieu was all in pandemonium. Everyone was appalled, even Luhan was absolutely shocked. Kai’s fist was clenched, eyes fixated on a certain spot as if looking on something. That moment, for the second time, how I wished to witness what he can see.

Baekhyun started to pale, the color leaving his face. Revenge and desperation faded to trepidation. He let go of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter