| 22 ; keys ; |

The 'Game of Nowhere'
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

❝keys;
_______________________________________________________________________________
                                  Whatever happens will be purely results of our own verdicts, therefore repent for you may become a murderer.

CHANYEOL's perspective 

“What’s that?” I jerked from my seat upon hearing a loud explosion. “The force is too strong.”

“The ground is also shaking.” Tao commented. “Quite unbelievable.”

Kris tensed as he remembered something. “Why is there only three of us? Where are the others?”

“I thought Yixing is with you.” Tao’s tone was somehow annoyed. “You two quarreled earlier, right?”

“He wasn’t and we didn’t.” Kris retorted. “Isn’t he with Luhan?”

“Speaking of Luhan, he is with Baekhyun.” I told them. “They said they would stroll along the beach. To wind up or something.”

Kris straightened. “What’s the direction of the beach?”

“North from here.” Tao said nonchalantly. “Luhan said so.”

My mouth suddenly turned bitter. “That’s where the explosion came from.” I whimpered. “Are they the reason of the explosion?”

Kris took a deep shaky breath and rubbed his temples. “Don’t know but we have to check. Why are they wandering off in this dangerous place? My head hurts when I try to comprehend.”

“We all should go.” I suggested. “It is better to have people beside you.”

Tao huffed. “If I were you my dear partner, I would prefer not to be around humans. Inside this game, there is a great chance that you’d be killed by them.” He patted my shoulder. “Being alone is better.” He walked away humming, and opened the door. “But that is when you don’t have a partner, of course.” He winked at me as if we are sharing a joke.

I frowned at his remarks. Despite his amiable gestures, he made everything feel off. Is he trying to say something? A cold sweat ran down my spine. This is giving me chills. I tried to smile back but my lips quivered. Am I imagining too much? My thoughts were all jumbled and fuzzy.

“..yeol. Chanyeol!” Kris’ voice snapped me back to reality. “What are you thinking about? You spaced out. We have to hurry.”

“Nothing. Nothing, really.” I faked a smile again. “Let’s go.”

“You’re frowning to the point that they could be permanent wrinkles.” He pointed out. “And you tell me there is nothing wrong?”

I let out a laugh. “There’s nothing, really. Now, shall we go?”

Kris eyed me, clearly unsatisfied. “You’re lying but if you don’t want to say the reason, I won’t ask further.” He sighed. “We sometimes have to face our own problems alone.”

Somehow, what he said warmed my heart. “We better move.” Tao urgently reminded. “A second wasted can mean a life wasted.”

Kris nodded and led the way. “Time is really important, huh?” He smiled at Tao. “You’re flattering yourself, panda.”

Tao glared at him. “I wasn’t.”

“You are.” Kris insisted and ran away, jokingly.

Tao pouted and ran after him. I trailed after, catching upon the pace. Walking closer to the beach, I dreaded my every step. My feet felt like lead as if telling me to stay as is. The urge was so strong that I was almost overwhelmed but I have more important things in mind. More important than what is weighing me down.

We took the other route aside the path through the Forest. The road was longer than we expected but we can’t risk entering the Forest now that Luhan is not with. The illusions in there were so strong it might drive us insane. I prefer reaching the beach without going crazy and without getting lost. I really don’t know how these two knew about this way because as for me, I don’t even know it existed.

Our pace was fast, somehow running but it was as if the world is going in slow motion. The gravity is so strong that it is weighing me down as if it is telling me to stop. I tried to shrug off all that was in my mind. By the time we reached the beach, I was sweating like hell. Despite the freezing temperature, my clothes were drenched in sweat. I eyed my companions and I got the feeling that I am the only one feeling all those ‘hallucinations.’

We immediately found Yixing, Baekhyun, Kai, and Luhan. If you include our group, that would make us seven. There are two persons missing. “Have you found Chen and Xiumin?” I regretted as soon as I asked. It was obvious. The place was in shambles. My heart sank to the point where it might never be revived.

Everyone tensed. Yixing slowly lifted up his gaze to meet mine and his eyes sent a chill on my spine. His tears were raging and no one, in my whole life, may have looked more devastated than he is. His stare made it all d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter