| 15 ; unexpectedly ; |

The 'Game of Nowhere'
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Before reading this, please try to reread chapter 13 (no one knows) up to chapter 14 (foolish verdicts) because I revised COMPLETELY the chapter 13 and the special chapter. XDDD Hope you enjoy reading. Please don't forget to leave your comments eh? THANKS.

❝unexpectedly
_______________________________________________________________________________
                                 I tried all my best but why things fall out of hand? Are we really bound to fail… unexpectedly?

Chen's perspective 

Everything happened too fast, even I was left in shock but moreover, Kyungsoo was unable to take it all. Everything was just too much for him to take. From the moment Kyungsoo opened his eyes, he seemed different much more powerful and definitely not the person I met before.

“Where’s Sehun?” That is his very first question which silenced me. Where is he? I truly don’t know and I don’t have the guts to say it. When Xiumin answered that dreadful query, the worst things began. A crevice so deep appeared, as it ran from north to south, separating me from them. All frightful things happened in front of me—so real it almost drove me out my mind—but I can’t do anything, I can just watch. Kyungsoo picked up Glacier’s dagger with a murderous look in his eyes. He almost cut his wrist in that instant. Xiumin tried to stop him but Kyungsoo is way too insane, even threatening to kill him if Xiumin will ever stand in his way. Blood. I remembered blood. Xiumin was injured that time but Kyungsoo’s decision is firm. He warned, in austerity, not to follow him and left another deep crevice to make sure we could not follow him. He walked father and farther away and later we lost sight of him. Slowly, the fissures vanished into thin air.

Xiumin was lying on the ground feeling helpless. He was breathing heavily but nonetheless, the bleeding already stopped. Glacier was beside him, also lying in exhaustion. Her pink lips have turned pale and dry. They are definitely stretched out to their limits. I ran to their aid.

“You alright?” I asked Xiumin.

“Where was he headed?” He asked in a throaty voice.

“Somewhere to the north.” I helped him sit up. “To the dark forest.”

“We have to stop him. He may kill himself or maybe the others.” He let out a grunt as he stands. “You okay to walk?” He reached out his hand to Glacier.

“Yeah.” She smiled weakly and held his hand. “I guess so.”

When she was already on her feet, she asked Xiumin let go of her hand. In an instant, Glacier fell to her knees. She let out a frustrated sigh.

“You’re not fine.” Xiumin get down on one knee. “Recharge yourself.”

“But..” Glacier tried to speak up.

“Shhh!” Xiumin smiled in a very gentle way. “We can wait for you.”

“Thanks.” Glacier hugged him which left him blushing. I smiled at the sweet gesture.

She pulled off and I have to drag Xiumin which was now as red as a tomato to give her space. He was staring blankly on space with a silly smile that I have to slap him to wake him up.

“Welcome back to earth.” I grinned when he came back to his senses. “You were lost earlier in your Glacier world.”

“I wasn’t!” His voice turned high-pitch.

“Really? Then why is your voice weird?”

He cleared his throat. “I wasn’t.” Now in a very deep voice.

I doubled over laughing. My eyes are already wet.

“I said I wasn’t!” He yelled at me. “Wanna die?”

“Okay, okay, you weren’t.” I turned pokerfaced but the aftershocks were really hard to control. I sometimes have to bite my lower lip to stop the urge to laugh.

He glared at me. “Now… if only we could—”

A loud explosion from behind knocked us to the ground.

“What the hell happ—”

“KAI!” Glacier’s voice shouted.

Xiumin and I exchanged nervous glances and we shot to our feet.

“Glacier, what is it?” Xiumin ran beside her and took her hand. “What is about Kai?”

“He… he is in danger.” She turned pale. “He is dying. I can tell. He is… he is…” She started to sob. “He is stabbed by my dagger.”

My eyes widened. “Kyungsoo.” I muttered. “But why would he?”

Xiumin shook his head. “I don’t know. I really don’t know.” Then he stared at the distant horizon. “But we have to find them before it is too late.”

“I guess I can call this an emergency, right?” Glacier took off her necklace and placed it on Xiumin’s palm. I realized it was a locket.

“What’s this?” Xiumin stared at her questioningly.

“It is a teleportation technology, a gift from my former master—the first ever survivor of this game.” Her eyes dimmed. “He told me that I should only use it for an emergency, I guess this count. Open it.”

“But why me?” He was reluctant to open the locket.

“Because I trust you but I won’t be able to follow the two of you. This only works for the players and I am not one.” She placed her hand above the locket. “Bring us to Kyungsoo.” She commanded. “Now, open it.”

Xiumin nodded and obeyed Glacier. Immediately, I felt my insides melting and turning into liquid. I felt my body dissipating until it turned to nothing. I was like a ghost, drifting by the wind. It was such an awful feeling that I found Kai praiseworthy because he often does this. Suddenly, a strong force pulled my consciousness into reality. I was carried away and found myself looking at Kai. When my body materialized, my vision doubled and I feel like throwing up. I lost my balance and fell into the ground thinking that the world just turned upside down. I looked beside me and found that Xiumin was no better.

“You okay?” he asked in a croaky voice.

“Yeah.” I blinked hard. “I just feel like my insides are all mixed up and I am afraid that they are no longer in their right position.” I said sarcastically.

“You’re just not used to it. “ He helped me up.

My feet were like lead. They wobbled every time Xiumin would stop supporting. Yellow spots were dancing around through my vision. Kyungsoo was kneeling beside Kai that is sprawled on the ground. I saw someone running towards us, Yixing, followed by one another one, Luhan. When Luhan’s eyes fixated on Kai, he stopped dead in his tracks. Yixing paled as he saw the scene but he hastily grabbed Kai’s hand and knelt. Luhan recovered later but his eyes turned dark, I’ve noticed. He slowly walked towards them and stopped behind Kyungsoo. He balled his fists.

“Go away.” He said through his clenched jaw.

Kyungsoo sobs halted. “Look, Luhan, I don’t…”

“Just go away.”

“Luhan?!” Yixing demanded.

“Shut up, Yixing.” Luhan glared at him.

Yixing looked offended. Kyungsoo kept silent but still unmoved.

“Move it, Kyungsoo, or I’ll cut your head off.” Luhan was deadly serious. “Get away from my sight.”

“Luhan!” Kai’s voice was hoarse.

Kyungsoo let out a si

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter