| 13 ; no one knows ; |

The 'Game of Nowhere'
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

❝no one knows
_______________________________________________________________________________
                                 I love them all, really. I can give everything for them but for how strong this sensation is, no one knows

SEHUN's perspective 

First thing I’ve noticed? The assault. Bad news? My act-first-think-later reflexes.

“Look out!” I warned Xiumin which was maybe the most dreadful thing I have done yet. 

I know it is bad to warn a person because there is always a tendency to startle them resulting to late reactions. As for Xiumin’s case, he barely dodged the attack. I felt the air around us turned crisp, leaving a deep sear on Xiumin’s forearm. He hissed in pain as he checked the burn. Without thinking twice, I immediately ran to his aid.

“You okay?” I made him sit on the ground and knelt beside him.

“You think I’m okay?” He winced. “Of course not.”

“Then give me your shirt.” I ordered. I’m not gay, okay? Keep your minds straight.

He stared at me in disgust and horror.

I made a face-palm. “What are you thinking, Xiumin? I have my purpose.”

Still no response.

“Come on, hyung, I’m trying to help you.” I insisted my reason.

He let out a sigh. “Okay. I believe you.”

Slowly, he started to take off his shirt, very careful so that it won’t touch the burn. I lent him a hand in sympathy. Every time he cringes, he cringes as well. It was a slow motion process but at last, we succeeded.

“Let me see the burn.” I said in a very reassuring voice.

He held out his arm, supporting it with the other one. “It felt numb, as if it lost the entire limb.” He flinched, expressing the agony.

I checked the wound and it was worse than I expected. Blood kept gushing out and the skin around turned purple. I can see clearly the blood flesh inside and I have to stop the urge to vomit.

“Now, I will use this shirt to cover the burn. We have to shield it from foreign substances to avoid infection. Endure the pain, okay?” I almost laughed when I noticed him turning pale. “Brace yourself because this will hurt a lot.”

“I know.” He forced out the words and shut his eyes closed; squirming every time I put pressure upon the wound. I struggled to apply the wrap softly because I had experienced a burn before and I never felt good, like seriously.

“All done.” I said as I made the last knot. 

“Gee, thanks.” He said with sarcasm as he opened his eyes. “It was really painful I thought I was going to faint.”

I grinned at his comment as I stood up. After dusting myself off, I offered my hand to help him up. I noticed he shivered in the process. I smiled and took off my jacket. “Wear this. It’s better than nothing.” I offered.

“Definitely.” He smiled back and accepted the jacket.

“Incoming!” I heard Chen yelled from somewhere.

Xiumin hastily wore and zipped the jacket, immediately dragging me to the direction of Chen’s voice. I started to behold the duo, Kyungsoo and Chen, and I am honestly amazed with their coordination. I could have just stared and praised them if Xiumin did not whack my head.

“Ouch, what was that for?” I glared at him.

“I’ve been calling your name a hundred times and still you did not hear me. You’re staring at them with your mouth hanging open and I am afraid that you would start to drool.” He paused to take a breath. “We still have to help them, remember?”

“Oh, right.” I smiled sheepishly. “Where shall we start?”

“I don’t know.” He seems bewildered. “I thought you have a plan.”

“Me?” I pointed myself. “How can I…” An idea hit my mind, “Xiumin, start forming drizzle. I have a plan, a very crazy plan.”

He grinned. “That’s all? Easy.”

He spread his arms and looked up to the sky. The temperature of the surrounding immediately dropped and I regretted my decision in giving my jacket to Xiumin. I have to struggle hard to stop my urge to strip it off from him and wear it. I can’t afford to have him topless—that would corrupt my oh-so-innocent mind. I shook the thought off and tried to clear my mind. I took a deep breath and my hand out. I immediately felt the gas molecules at my fingertips. Not too humid. Good to control. I willed the wind to follow my thoughts, forming a whirlwind. I raised my other hand and the winds get taller and more violent. Just as when I was about tot go inside the airstream, snow stared falling. I gave Xiumin a glance and he caught me awestruck in what he did. He managed to create not just drizzle, but hail. I snapped my fingers and a porch opened up, giving me a way to the center of the whirlwind. I got inside and the wind expanded in each step I take. Being the eye of the whirlwind, I feel unstoppable, invincible. 

My senses got sharper as if the world around turned small and insignificant. I can feel the power channeling inside me. The wind around me turned to be like steel, deflecting every assault. So far, the odds are in my favor.

“Xiumin, I need your ability here!” I called out. “I can’t see you, come closer.”

“Man, I’m here.” He called behind me. “What shall we do?”

“We have to create a storm.” I turned around to face him. “We have to mix our powers.”

“But how?!” He exclaimed. “Looks impossible, your whirlwind won’t absorb my snow storm.”

“Impossible? Definitely not.” I smirked and ripped apart my hurricane. “Come a little closer.”

He smiled as if impressed and started walking. I met his eyes, wild and restless like the hail behind him. From a distance, I can feel his power illuminating and dominating, getting stronger every minute. When I felt that he was inside the hurricane’s scope, I mend back the ripped airstream together.

Immediately, his snow storm merged with my whirlwind. The first part of the plan is successful. Xiumin chuckled with delight and then smiled at me. He is… he is… unusually gorgeous. His hair swayed in accord to my wind. The jacket he’s wearing rippled wildly, which looks cool with him. His face is shockingly serene and he’s walking with full radiance and confidence. He is like a prince preparing for a battle. I smiled at him and beckoned him to come closer by reaching out my hand. He smiled back at me and accepted my calling. When our hands met, I felt an ignition. It was like a tingling feeling in my gut and I felt a surge of power coming out from me.

“Ready for the fight?” An evil glint can be seen in his eyes. “We will win against this, right?”

“Winning?” I arched an eyebrow. “I don’t know about that, but at least, we are not defenseless and weak.”

“You do have a point.” He nodded. “So, let’s start this battle?”

“Sure.” I smiled and shoved my hand upward.

The storm expanded to my will, getting more gigantic. Xiumin’s power kept pouring out that he froze the surrounding. He kept helping the two outside, Chen and Kyungsoo, by sending out huge snow balls to block falling debris from the other storm. Everything was going softly and under control so far. I mean it was, it really was, before Kyungsoo was tamed.

From the corner of my eyes, I saw how that tragic moment happened. There’s a very loud explosion that sent him flying backwards. He crashed hard with a sickening loud thud. He clutched his chest, curling into a ball, and he was coughing out blood. Before he can recover, another lightning aimed at him.

“Xiumin! Hyung is in danger. Got tricks left?” I was in panic but I did not tear off my gaze from Kyungsoo.

I saw a snow ball fly overhead turning into falcon as white as snow. It dove towards hyung and it transformed into a human-like structure wearing a hooded robe. The lightning hit them and a huge explosion took place.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter