| 6 ; vraisemblance ; |

The 'Game of Nowhere'
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

❝vraisemblance;
_______________________________________________________________________________
                                  Truth shall set you free but in this sanguinary game, you'll rather choose to be imprisoned.

LUHAN's perspective 

The door closed before Kai can even finish his statement. I loosened my grip and let him face me. I can see anger blazing in his eyes. In his state, that clenched fist would hit me any second from now.

“Hypocritical bastard!” As expected, he punched me.

“Why did you stop me?” “By doing that, you’ll die.” You think it is simple to witness, Kai?

“Who cares?” He pushed me and I stumbled backwards.

“Me. Everyone…” Aish! I’m being dramatic. “…because EXO is one.”

He fell silent. I can’t blame him because even me was stunned by my words.

I sighed. “Heed me, SLEEP.” I don’t want further discussions.

His unwilling eyes closed slowly and he fell down. I caught him in my arms. I slowly put him down, letting him to use my lap as a pillow.

“Sorry.” I whispered.

His face is more peaceful when he’s sleeping. The little curve at the corner of his mouth expresses that his dream was rather wonderful.

“Kai, I can’t let you risk your life in front of my eyes.” I ruffled his hair. “Want to commit suicide? Do that without me around. Should I sneak in your thoughts? Oh… never mind. I already know my role. I am telepathy, the fruit of knowledge.”

I looked up and noticed a two-lined poem, floating neatly above the door.

THE GAME MADE ITS CHOICE TO BOND YOU
NOTHING BUT DEATH SHALL DEPART YOU

“Partners.” I chuckled. “This game is getting worse than I expect it to be.”

I leaned on the wall. Moments later, my eyes felt heavy and I fell asleep.

******

I felt the sunlight on my face so I covered myself with a blanket. Wait… BLANKET? My eyes immediately flung open in bewilderment. I scanned the surroundings and noticed I was back in my room. I entered the bathroom then faced the mirror. There wasn’t any bruise on sight.

“Such a creepy dream.” I murmured. “It felt like real.”

I washed my face and got out of the room. I found everyone on the living room talking about something serious based on their reactions.

“Ayo waddup?” I asked, smiling widely. “What’s with the reactions? Anything bad happened?”

Every pair of eyes fell on me, looking at me like I’m a stranger.

“Did he happen to lose his memory?” I heard Kai ask Yixing.

“I don’t know.” Yixing mouthed.

Kai rolled his eyes and looked back at me.

“Is my punch that strong that you forgot everything?” Kai smirked.

“All of that is true?” I chuckled. “You got to be kidding me.”

“So you are thinking that ‘that entire dream’ is just a dream?” Sehun asked.

“Yeah.” I nodded. “All of that is just a dream.”

“If that’s just a dream, your dream, how did we know about it then?” Tao confronted.

“That’s because…” I faltered. He is right.

I was silent for a long time, trying to defend my part.

“Then…” I raised an eyebrow. “Can you tell me the reason why my bruise is gone?”

“Ask Yixing the details.” Kai said then looked at Chanyeol who was writing something down.

“Uhmmm, Chanyeol… I think you should not look at the paper intently.” Baekhyun anxiously said.

“You’ll burn… it.” When Kyungsoo mentioned the word ‘burn’, the paper reduced to ashes.

Suho absentmindedly snapped his fingers and a very small rain appeared, putting out the fire.

“Sorry…” Chanyeol mumbled and let go of the pen he is holding.

Chen, who was sitting beside Chanyeol, patted his back. I slumped myself on the vacant seat beside Yixing, trying to digest all of it. Questions are starting to flood my mind.

“Can someone explain how these things happen to us?” I was desperate for an answer.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter