Next Day

Try Me

Your POV

Geez, I really hate this. First thing in the morning and the teacher was already pissing me off.

You and your delinquent partner were sitting at his table, on opposite ends, staring at each other. It was awkward. Well, for you, it was awkward. He, on the other hand was smirking that annoying smirk at you.

*FLASHBACK*

"Everyone! Take one!" The teacher, Kim seonsaengnim held out a small box filled with a ton of small slips of paper.

You reached in as you entered the classroom and drew one out. On the slip of paper was a number. Four, the number considered to be bad luck in Korea and sounded close to the word "death" in Chinese. Though you weren't the type to be superstitious, a shiver ran down your spine. You dreaded what finding out what the slip would be used for. It was definitely not going to be a good thing.

"Okay!" Kim soensaengnim clapped his hands together loudly, drawing the attention of his students. "Because it's the beginning of a new school year, we're going to start off by getting to know our classmates a little better. Cho Hee!"

"N-neh!" You stuttered, surprised that he called your name.

"Pass this out." He handed you a stack of paper and you bowed as you accepted it.

It was list of questions. As you passed by Joe's/ Byunghun's (that's what his nametag said) desk, you noticed that he had drawn the same number as you. Number four.

Crap.

"Your partner will be the person who drew the same number as you. Ask your partner these questions, and turn in the assignment by the end of the week! Don't even think about writing fake answers! I will be checking for authencity! Find your partner and start!"

You sighed in defeat.

So my partner is Byunghun...

You stood up to go over to where he was at, dragging your feet as you went. However, halfway there, someone tapped you on the shoulder from behind.

"What up, Partner." He held up a slip of paper. The number four was indeed etched on there.

You stood there and gaped at him then turned back to look a Byunghun. He was with some guy. Strangely, he appeared to be glaring at your new partner. "Are you disappointed that you're not paired up with L.Joe?"

Oh, so his name is "L.Joe..."

"What? But...I could've sworn..." You scratched you head.

What the heck?

*END OF FLASHBACK*

So yeah. That's what happened. It has been fifteen minutes since the two of you sat down and still, absolutely no progress has been made. You sighed.

At this rate, we'll never be done.

The questions wasn't actually hard to answer at all. It was just asking for things like your partner's favorite color, likes, dislikes, etc. However, the further down you went, the weirder the questions got. There were ones that asked for ideal type, relationship status, and preferred age to get married.

What kind of high school teacher actually needed to know these things? Eitheir Kim seonsaengnim was a really nosy person or just a downright creepy guy. Anyways, the point is that the questions themselves weren't hard to answer. The hard part was getting your partner, Changjo to answer them. For the rest of the class the conversation between you and Changjo basically went down like this:

"What's your hobby?"

"Don't have one."

"Okay... What's your favorite color?"

"I like all colors."

"What's you relationship status?"

"Why? Are you interested in me?"

"What? No. Anyway, you didn't answer my question."

"What question?"

*Mental face-palm* "...Fine, jerk, be like that. I hope you go bald!"

He laughed at this, amused just as the bell rang, signifying lunch break.

Everyone rushed out of class except the two of you, including Kyung Mi.

I swear, that girl cares about food more than me.

You started packing up your stuff, to get ready for the next class. You expected him to say something but he never did. Or got the chance to for that matter. One moment he was there, watching you, amusement stamped clearly on his face and the next, his other friends barged into the class shouting about some "bastards" who had "ed up" something. And then, he ran out and was gone.

But not before hurriedly tearing a slip of paper out of a random notebook and writing something down on it. He pressed it into your palm, curling your fingers around it.

Changjo tilted his head to one side. "If you want a good grade..." he said and rushed out, leaving you hanging midsentence.

After a second of staring at the classroom entrance, bewildered, you looked down at the paper he gave you. You could still feel the warmth of his hand when he briefly touched your's. Scrawled on it, in messy handwriting was his phone number.

If you want a good grade...

His voice echoed in you mind.

You scowled.

Damn you, Changjo.