Why, God, WHY?!

Try Me

NO ONE'S POV

And... absolutely NOTHING happened.

Cho Hee groaned, covering her face with her hands, and squatted down on the floor.

Kyung Mi looked around. "Yah, people are staring at you." Nonetheless, she still held out her hand.

You reached out to grab it, thinking she was going to pull you up but she took it back. "Money."

"Great friend you are..." Cho Hee muttered. She hesitantly reached into her back pocket and pulled out 10,000 won, holding it out.

Kyung Mi snatched the money out of Cho Hee's hand and laughed. "Psh. You're the one who started this, Babo." A flick landed on Cho Hee's forehead who pouted, still squatting on the floor, mourning over her loss.

"Yah Kang Cho Hee!" Mrs. Kang yelled from the kitchen. "Are you wasting your time and my money on betting again?! Stop dilly-dallying and start taking orders before I go out there and shove some sense up your !"

People in the cafe snickered.

Cho Hee's face turned beet red while Kyung Mi stood there and laughed at her. "Your mom is awesome. She knows you so well!"


L.Joe's POV

 

Geez, that girl. She actually hit my girlfriend. Hmph.

I crossed my arms and scowled.

"Hey." Chunji nudged me with his shoulder. "Are you still thinking about that?"

"No."

He laughed. "Don't lie. You don't even like Hee Soo that much so what's up with that face?"

My scowled deepened. "Dunno what you're talking about."

"It's because she didn't fall all over you like the other girls, right?"

I didn't answer and looked away, causing Chunji to grin.

"Not every girl is going to like you, man. You already know this, right? Of course, there are going to be girls who don't fall for looks." With that said, he sauntered away to talk to someone else.

I sat there, still thinking about what had happened this morning. The weather didn't match my mood. It was much to bright and sunny when it should've been thundering and raining.

Over by my side, Ricky yawned. "Hey guys, let's go somewhere! I'm bored!" He announced.

At first there was no reaction. Then, everyone started to nod.

"Where?" I asked.

"I wanna go somewhere with Soo Jin." Ricky said.

"Oh, I wanna go with my girlfriend too!" Chunju chimed in.

C.A.P. nodded. "One of my friends recommended me to go to this one place."

"I guess it's decided then."


Your POV

Even though you try not to show it because you want your parents to pay you more money, you love the cafe. You loved the smiles on the faces of the customers. The drone of everyone's gossip all rolled into one. You loved the delicious smell of coffee and your dad's tasty sweets but most of all, you loved the sound of the cashing machine. All of these things created a feeling of belonging and hapiness that filled you up til' you were at the point of overflowing. You loved every moment of waiting on people or being in the kitchen brewing coffee and baking sweets and making a mess.

"Honey." Your dad motioned to you with his forefinger to come closer. "Give this to that couple over there." He pointed to them.

"Neh, Appa." you took the order, two caramel machiattos and a special cake for couples that your dad was famous for making.

You stare at the small cake and smiled. It was decorated with hearts and lace around the edges and had letters in the middle that said, "We'll eat this together and last forever." You set the cake down between them and with a knowing smile said, "Enjoy~"

To your amusement, the two blushed and thanked you as you walked away.

You came back to the kitchen. "Appa. Can I help you make something?"

"Yeah, hold on."

You nodded.

"Kang Cho Hee!" Dongmin called.

"Oh no." You gulped, fully knowing what the next word uttered was going to me.

"CUSTOMER!!!"

You scowled evoking a chuckle from your dad. He patted your head. "Maybe next time."

"Okay Hyung, I got you!" you called back.

"YAH! IT'S OPPA!"

You grinned and ran out of the kitchen and up to the new customers. "Anyeong--" you stopped in your tracks and stared at them. "Ha...seyo..."


Changjo's POV

We stepped into the cafe. In the end, only Hee Soo was able to come with us. The delicious smell wafting around the place made my stomach growl quietly. Luckily, no one noticed. They were all too busy in their own paradise world.

A waitress came up to us. "Anyeong--"

Oh God. It was Cho Hee. Wait...she works here?

We stared at her. She stared back at us.

"Ha...seyo..." After another second of staring, Cho Hee straightened up and asked us for our orders.

I gave her mine's. "Americano." Out of the corner of my eyes I watched her stiffen as Hee Soo sneered at her. I frowned.

Why is L.Joe dating her anyways? She's a total .

When she was done, Cho Hee walked away, robotically.

Almost immediately after she was gone, the table exploded with questions.

"What the heck?!"

"She works here?"

"She has a job?"

"She looks cute in that uniform. I'd tap that." Ricky said.

"But you have a girlfriend." Niel blinked.

"So?"

Everyone face-palmed.

I smiled secretly throughout all the commotion.

I think I'll come here more often.