Run!

Try Me

Fifteen minutes later, you walked out the door of Java Stop with your older brother, Dong Min, after quickly bading your parents good bye. A new record had been set. Usually, it took way longer for you to get ready for school.

You and Dong Min happily waved to your two bestfriends and parted ways. Even though he was a senior in high school, just a grade higher than your's, he went to a different, more prestigious high school because...well, being born first, he  away all the smart genes, leaving you with the average genes to mope about.

Kyung Mi waved back giddily while Minki, just nodded at you with his hands in his pockets.

Psh, someone's trying to act cool... 

You snickered at him.

"Wae?" Minki asked.

You shook your head, smiling mischeiviously.

He pouted and said, "It's because you've finally come to your senses and realized that I'm a y god, isn't it?" He playfully nudged you shoulder with his.

You stopped walking and laughed, making a face. "Ewww!"

" please, you're just in denial." He waved his hands around, acting like diva.

You laughed and was just about to spit out a retort when Kyung Mi, from up ahead yelled, "Hey you two idiots over there!"

You and Minki pointed to your faces, indignantly.

Bish, said what now? Did she seriously just call me an idiot?

"Yeah, you two! Walk faster! Ppalli ppalli! We're goinna be late because of you!" Then, out of nowhere she announced, "I'm going to get myself a boyfriend this year!" Kyung Mi giggled.

You looked at Minki. He looked at you and together, the two of you busted yourselves laughing, falling all over yourselves. "As if!" you said, wiping the tears from your eyes.

"Yah stop! It's not funny! I'll bet you 50,000 won (roughly $50) that I'll get a boyfriend within the first three months!" she said, chin up, looking at the two of you defiantly.

Minki slowly nodded with his game face on. Betting and gambling were two of the things you and Minki loved to do. "It's on." The three of you jokingly shook hands, mocking buisness CEOs. When you shook his hand, you happened to glance at his watch and you did a double take. You guys were definitely going to be late if you didn't run. You told them the situation. "Ok, ok here's the plan. On the count of three, we're going to run." Kyung Mi said.

You nodded slowly. "Last person to reach the school gates has to buy lunch for three days." you added.

The two of them made a face. "Yah, Kang Cho Hee. Why is everything about money to you?" Kyung Mi asked, rolling her eyes.

"Because." you replied. "Money equals food, food equals survival, survial equals happiness, happiness equals--"

"Yeah, okay, I'm sorry I asked." she said, interrupting your speech and rolled her eyes. "Let's start now. 3...2..--"

All three of you took off running for your lives. No one trusted the other to wait until zero to actually start running. It's just what happens when amongst them, someone always cheated. Yeah, we're talking about you.