Realization

Try Me

“Hey girl, what’s your sign?”

“Do not enter, bro.” You looked at the man, trying to pick you up, cockily. He sniffed, distastefully and shuffled away to look for other girls. You sighed, and twisted around to look for Changjo.

That . He ditched me for his friends.

You huffed, annoyed. Changjo had sneaked you in through pure connections considering you were underaged and all. It seemed, the boy had a lot of friends. But that still didn’t mean he could just abandon you the moment the two of you stepped into the club now did it?

Another man had his eyes on you and sauntered up to where you were sitting by the colorful bar. You pretended to be deeply concentrated in examining your fingernails, hoping he would just pass you by.

You had no such luck.

He sunk down into the chair next to you and ordered some weird drink called ‘’ before turning over to you. He shot you the greasiest grin you’ve ever seen, and even attempted to wink at you.

“Is there something wrong with your eye, mister?”

He ignored your comment and proceeded to go straight to the pick up line you’ve heard before. “I know how to please a girl.” He stated, doing that eye spasm/twitching thing again.

“That’s great. Now please leave me alone.” You replied icily, but he wouldn’t give up.

“Awww don’t be like that.” He suddenly rose and practically cornered you in the chair with his meaty arms. You shot a desperate glance at the bartender to save you, but the guy only turned a blind eye. The man leaned forward and gave you a slobbery kiss on the right side of your chin. You gasped, disgusted.

“I’m gonna scream.” You threatened but he only laughed.

“Go ahead, babe. But I want to remind you that this is a club we’re in. Who’ll hear you over the loud music?” He ran a thick hand down your hair before grabbing you by the wrist and hauling you up.

. Where the hell is Changjo when you need him?

Without another choice, you ignored the fancy martial arts lesson Changjo had given you that afternoon and went for a cheap shot, going for the thing in between the geezer’s legs. Now it was his turn to gasp, and he went down to the floor clutching his lower region People turned to stare, but you were already out of there, searching for the boy you were going to murder.

You found him in the corner of the club with his other friends, chatting up a storm. He coincidently made eye contact with you and his mouth dropped open slightly. You felt your eye twitch in annoyance.

Damn that boy. He forgot about me!

“Cho Hee!” He shouted, and ran over to where you stood. “Did you dance?”

You gritted your teeth and punched him hard on the shoulder, glaring daggers at him. Changjo winced and rubbed it. “What was that for?”

Of course I didn’t dance, you idiot! I was waiting to dance with you!

“I almost got you know. I’m leaving.” You huffed, and stomped towards the exit, pushing past the stream of sticky, sweaty people. Halfway there, Changjo, managed to get a hold of your wrist and yank you back. Guilt was stamped on his face.

“I’m sorry.” He told you over the drowning noise of loud music and bass. “You wanted me to dance with you, didn’t you?” And as if on cue, the DJ switched up the songs. The lights dimmed slightly and a slow ballad emanated from the huge speakers near the front. With a small smile, Changjo grabbed both your wrists and gently pulled them so that they locked behind his neck. He pulled you in close and wrapped his own hands around your waist.

At a lost for words, you blushed madly, tongue-tied. Your faces were very close together; close enough that if you had just leaned in slightly, your lips would be touching. The soft melody continued to play as the two of you swayed together on the dance floor, side by side. At that moment, you felt something. A spark. it felt like you were getting electrocuted every time you looked up to see his warm eyes twinkling back at you. But it was a pleasant feeling, one that made you feel giddy like you had just won the lottery. And in that moment, you confirmed your dreaded suspicions. You, Kang Cho Hee, was in love. And you regretted nothing. Nothing at all.

You snapped back to reality when Changjo let go of your hips, making you almost whimper at the lost of contact. It was only then that you realized the song had changed back to the usual club music, and the tempo had sped up tenfold.

“—your friend?” Changjo asked.

You blinked. “What?”

Changjo huffed. “I really wish you would listen to I’m saying, Cho Hee.”

“Well, I’m listening now, aren’t I?” You shot back.

“I asked if that was your friend over there.”

“My friend?” You echoed, confused, and began peering over the mass of rolling bodies. Sure enough, there she was. Yoo Kyung Mi. Dancing with the one and only... L.Joe. You fumed.

Who’s gonna kill who tomorrow now?


Hmmmm...it's been a while since I've updated, hasn't it? Sorry, I lost that spark I had when I first wrote this fanfic out, but hey, they finally went to a club woohoo! I'm actually planning on wrapping up this story. There's really only like five chapters left. Surprising, isn't it? Yeah... this was my first fan fiction after all and I was super inexperienced back then (still inexperienced now, but I'm getting better). Maybe I'll revise everything and reupload this fanfic in the distant future when I've finished it. Thank you for all you commenters out there who kept my spirits up (but please don't comment with just something like an 'update please.' It only makes me feel pressured to write, and the chapter turns into crap). Thank you, thank you, thank you for supporting me.