Meeting the Other One

Try Me

No One's POV

"Thanks for you know... back there." Hye Min said.

Cho Hee, Kyung Mi, and Hye Min were in the girl's bathroom helping her getting cleaned up. Everyone had already intoduced themselves.

If you're wondering about Minki (or not), he was standing awkwardly outside as the students passing by all stared at him. Awesome first impression, right? They all thought he was some kind of ert. Not that Cho Hee or Kyung Mi actually gave a damn what they thought about him. Ugh, hurry up! He thought. Why the hell do girls take so long in the bathroom? Why the hell do they even go together in packs anyway? What do they do, talk to each other over the crescendo of their pee while they're inside the stalls doing their buisness?! He sighed and frustratingly ran his fingers through his hair.

"No prob," Cho Hee said and shrugged. "We would've gotten in a fight with them sooner or later anyways. I absolutely despise people like them."

"Yeah, Hee Soo has always treated me like that."

"Why?" Kyung Mi asked, curious.

Hye Min scratched the back her head. "Well...it's ancient history, really. Back when we were in middle school, she liked a guy who liked me. I guess Hee Soo never got over it. She's hated me ever since."

Both Cho Hee and Kyung Mi shook their heads. "Typical . What happened with you and the guy though?

"Oh him?" Her cheeks flushed pink.  "We're dating right now."

The two other girls laughed and said, "You'll definitely introduce him to us, right?" Kyung Mi dabbed at her bleeding lips while Hye Min smiled shyly. "I...I'll think about it."

"I'll take that as a yes." Everyone grinned.

"I have a feeling that we're going to be best friends!" Cho Hee announced. She put her arms around Hye Min and Kyung Mi, playfully and the three of you ran out the bathroom to get to class.

On the way there, Cho Hee happily punched Minki in the stomach just for the fun of it and earned a smack on the head and alot of yelling.


Your POV

"Yah...yah, Kyung Mi! YAH!" you yelled and slapped her lightly on the face.

"WAE?!" She yelled back at you causing everyone in the class to turn around in their seats to look at her. "Ah...sorry..." she muttered then turned to glare at you.

Woah...if looks could kill...

"Stop staring at them." you whispered.

"But their hot."

You scoffed at her blunt statement.

Someone's shameless.

", please." you rolled your eyes at your best friend and sighed. Fortunately for you, Kyung Mi was in your class this year. Not fortunately for you though, Miki and Hye Min weren't and Kyung Mi was infatuated by some boys the moment she set foot inside the classroom.

Turning to get a good look at the boys, you studied them closely.

They were the guys from before. Out of the six, only three landed in your class. The , Hee Soo's boyfriend was here too. What was his name again? Joe, or something?

What a lame name. Oh hey, that rhymes.

You continued to stare. True, they were handsome but just by looking at them, anyone would be able to tell that they were troublemakers. Delinquents.

Why do girls like bad boys anyways? You thought. They're all magnets for disaster.

Just at that moment, as if he could feel your stare, one of them turned around to look at you. The first thought that flashed across your mind was,

He's cute.

Your eyes widened when he didn't break eye contact, and you quickly turned away. Immediately regretting it, you mentally face palmed.

I just made myself look really obvious, didn't I? Now he totally knows that I was staring at him.

You looked back at Kyung Mi who was still shamelessly staring at them and heaved another sigh. You closed your eyes and stuck earphones into your ear, blocking out the drone of the classroom chatter, and waited for class to start.

Everything was fine and well until someone decided to block the warm sunlight streaming in from the windows on your left. You suddenly felt a bit cold and you opened your eyes. Standing there was one of the troublemakers. The one who caught you staring at him.

You motioned for him to move but he wouldn't budge. Taking out your earphones you asked, "Wae?"

The words that came out of his mouth caught you by surprise. "Can I borrow a pencil?" He rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly.

You laughed. "It's the first day of school and you didn't bring a pencil? Does that make sense?"

He shrugged and looked away.

You nodded but instead of getting out a pencil, you pulled out a piece of paper instead and started writing.

"Hey. What are you doing?"

You held up your pointer finger and looked up. "How long are you going to borrow it for?"

"Uhhh....a month?"

Who the hell borrows a pencil for a whole entire month? You thought.

But you shrugged and a moment later you were done.

He took it and read it aloud. "I insert name here promise to return the pencil that I borrowed from Kang Cho Hee by the end of the first month of school. If I fail to return it or it gets damaged in any way, like for example, bitten, stepped on, broken, bent, etc., I will have the choice of either paying Kang Cho Hee 100,00 won(roughly $100) or do whatever she asks me to for a week." He looked up when he finshed and laughed in disbelief. "Girl, we' aren't characters in a drama. Don't you think you're going a bit overboard with this?"

"Aniyo," you replied matterafactively. "People are always asking me to lend them something and it disappears and I never see it again. Besides, if you're confident you won't lose it or damage it then there's no harm in signing the contract, right? Just fill in the blank with your name and sign at the bottom."

He chuckled. "You're interesting. Arasseo." He signed it and took the pencil you handed to him without looking at it, his eyes on you the whole time.

That was a big mistake on his part.

You grinned as he walked away and looked down at the filled in blank on the contract. Scribbled there, with messy handwriting was,

Choi Jong Hyun (but you can call me Changjo)


Hey guys! officiaLinspirit here! My story is okay so far, right? Hmmm...I'm a complete beginner but I hope you like the story! More interesting things are coming up soon! Stay tuned and subscribe, please! :))