Bet

Try Me

Changjo's POV

I never met a girl like her. Usually, if I ever asked for anything, all them regular girls would be racing each other to be the first to hand me one. But this girl didn't have the hearts in her eyes and even asked me to sign a contract with her.

I looked down at the pencil she lent me for the first time and my eyes almost popped outta my head.

The pencil was super girly. It was pink with a rhinestone on the top, and  instead of an eraser there,connected to a charm was a sparkly heart embedded in a gold ribbon.

I scoffed and laughed in disbelief.

The nerve of this girl...


"And he was all like," Kyung Mi chuckled, pretending to be Changjo, lowering her voice by an octave. "Don't you think you're going a little over board with this?"

You laughed.

The first day of school had ended and the three of you were walking back to your houses. You guys had become friends ever since elementary because your house were in the same direction and you all always ended up walking back together.

You were going to invite Hye Mi to Java Stop and treat to a cup of whatever she wanted and sweets but she was nowhere to found.

"Yah. Did that seriously happen?" Minki asked after Kyung Mi finished telling him the story in full detail.

You nodded. "It was nothing, though."

Kyung Mi sighed and shook her head. "Are you kidding me? 'It was 'nothing'? A hot guy asks you for a pencil and you say it's 'nothing'?!" With a sigh she said, "I wish he had asked me that. What a waste." She gave you a look. "Why did he have to ask you?"

You rolled your eyes and the three of you entered your parent's cafe.

It was filled to the brim with students who just got out of schools nearby.

"Oh, Cho Hee!" Your brother shouted over a bunch of squealing girls. It was pretty obvious. Dongmin was quite popular with the ladies. "Ppalli! Grab a uniform and start busting tables! Help me out here! I feel like I'm gonna suffocate and die!"

You sighed. "I wish...now calm down, Hyung!You'll live."

"Yah! It's OPPA! Call me OPPA!"

You stuck out your tongue. "Mehrong~" Turning back to your friends you asked, "Wanna help me out here?"

Minki grinned. "Of course!~ This is how I get the majority of all the digits in my phone~" He winked.

"Ewww!" You and Kyung Mi screamed in unison.

The three of you laughed and went to put on your uniforms.


Five minutes later, you came out wearing a black buttoned up shirt which was tucked into black formal pants and topped off with bright red shoes, belt and tie. The outfit was the official uniform at Java Stop and you loved it. It's simple yet classy.

You were already taking orders and busting tables when Kyung Mi and Minki finally emerged from the back. You made a face at them just to let them know how much you appreciated them taking their sweet time getting ready.

They had the nerve to smile back innocently at you.

Minki approached a table full of high school girls and you went over to Kyung Mi. "Hey. I bet you 10,000 won (roughly $10), he'll get at least one of those girl's numbers about a minute from now."

Kyung Mi grinned. "Deal."

The both of you stared at him for what seemed like forever and then, during the last five seconds, Kyung Mi started counting down. "5...4...3...2...1..."

You snapped your fingers and...