My Life In Seoul -- Chapter ONE : I Got A Job!

My Life In Seoul

 

Note :  Thought

Did anyyone ever think that find job actually same like find seoulmate?
No one??
Well at least I'm thinking like that.
It's my umpteenth time job interview. 
I'm not nervous.
Not because I think I'm smart after pass some question, but it's more like routine for me.
It's similar like people who need brush their teeth everyday.
You don't have to do it, but you should, otherwise other people will left you cause the stinky smell from your mouth.
It's sillly actually, because I think life is too beautiful just to think something not really important like that.
Oh btw, my name is Kim Taeyeon. 

---

" I heard you reject the offer from company B, why? It's one of great company in town. " the man suddenly ask me as he read my profile from some paper in his hand.
I'm thinking for a while after I heard the question. Try find good answer which not look so arrogant or conceited.
" It's principle sir. After know more about the company, I realize our vision is different. So I decide to back off. " I answer it calmly as I smile to him. He look at me for while before back to the paper in his hands.
" Okay, at your profile, you said you want job as Z, but I saw you don't have experience in that field, are you sure you can handle the job good? " ask him again.
" I saw this job vacancy from internet sir, and I never been so sure in my life. So eventhough I don't have experience in that field I pretty sure I can do the good job, if you gave me the chance of course. " I said it confidently with smile in my lips.
The man just nods his head, he looks pretty impress with my answer. He back to read my profile and for second the room only fill by the sound of AC from corner of the room.
I start drumming my finger on my knee. Little bit feel tired and bored. I just want go home, take shower, eat and then sleep before back hunting job at internet. Like what I always do everyday.
" Alright, after considering about everything, I think you fit with job you apply. So congratulation, you accepted. " 
My finger suddenly freeze as I just stare at the man with mouth hang open.
" Excuse me..? " I still can't believe with what I just heard, maybe my ears trick me?
" You accepted. " the man smile at me before continue, " But because you still don't have experience in that field, so company will give you time to get training about the job. And after 12 month you will be able to place at the position you want. "
I slowly nods, still confuse and can't believe I just get the job. 
Is not joke.. right? 
The man start gather whole paper in the table and prepare to leave.
" By the way you have 3 days for prepare before leave. " 
I nods my head enthusiastic, before something register in my head.
Wait... leave..?
" Yeah, I told you, you will get the training from company right? " 
I nods my head slowly. Very slowly. Because somehow I know the next sentence which come from his mouth will change my life forever.
" The training place it's at our headquarters at Seoul. So I think 3 days preparation is enough right? "
" ...... "

My name is Kim Taeyeon. This is my... hundredth time of job interview. And for first time, I'm panic.

----

" Seee, mother instict never get wrong. I knew you will get the job this time. " my mom said it with happy face as she land kiss on my cheeks before quickly back to kitchen to continue prepare dinner for us.
" But it's Seoul umma, it's big city, I never even go out from this city since I was little, do you think I able to handle it? " I said as I open the fridge to get the water for me.
" Oh for God sake's Taeyeon, you 24th, stop being mommy boy. " said someone who suddenly appear behind me. I just smile slightly when heard his sarcasm. 
" Hai... hyung. " I said reluctantly to the man who just stand a step away from me. His name is Jang Hyuk. He's my step father. Me and him never really get close. Since start I build thin wall between us. Hyuk think I'm to protective over my mom. While I think he never be able protect her like he supposed to. I don't even know why my mom fall in love and get married to him in first place.
" But what if something happen to you if I'm away? " I said to mom as I try ignore his existence.
" Tsk, nothing gonna happen to her. " Hyuk answer me fast as I saw him open the can of the bear in his hand. " And again I already call Soojung, she happy to have you there. " he continue while grining before drink right from the can.
" Great.. just great. " I said slowly under my breath.
I almost forgot I have sister at Seoul. Jang Soojung. She's Hyuk daughter from his last marriage. I was 13 years old when first time meet her. She so beautiful, with her long black hair. I fall for her the moment I lay my eyes on her that time. But my feeling suddenly off after couple hours later my mom announce her engagement with Hyuk. 
While live with us, Soojung rarely talk to me even with mom who always with her. She one of cold person I've ever meet in life. But I think it just the way she is. Until when she turn 17, she finally decide to live at Seoul, with one of Hyuk family. 
" Mom, you sure you will be okay if I'm leaving? " I askher softly while glance at living room to where Hyuk sit on his favorite couch, watching sport channel. 
Mom stop chopping the carrot in front of her and stare at me firmly. 
" You should start thinking about yourself Tae, I will be okay. " she said confident before back with her work, chopping the carrot.
Is it true? Am I too worry?
I just stand there and watch mom cooking while thinking. 
But is that wrong..? She my only family I have now. After dad died 8 years ago, I never seen mom happy again. Yes I've seen it back for while when she married with Hyuk, but she now looks like back to her old self. I don't know how, but what I seen from her now is tired.
Mom, are you really happy?
" Juhyun ah! Grab me another beer please? " Hyuk's loud voice startled me from my train mind.
" I never saw Hyuk drink anything except beer. " I said to mom when I saw her take the beer from fridge.
" Tsk, don't talk nonsense of course he drink water too. " answer mom fast before she take the beer to Hyuk.
" When?! " I said to her back. But it's true I never seen Hyuk drink anything beside beer since he move in with us.
" You know he just try to relax after his long day at work. " defend mom when she back to kitchen.
" What if I become like him when I live at Seoul? Get drunk everyday.. "
" He never drunk. " mom give me glare after heard what I said. " And you never gonna be one. " she continue.
" Come on mom, Seoul it's big city, we never know what's gonna happen to me there. "
" Well I trust you. " said mom again while now prepare the table.
" Just take it or leave it Tae. " said Hyuk who suddenly appear again behind me before sit on chair.
Yeah, he's right. Just take it or leave it. Now for first time I'm sure with my decision to go to Seoul.
" Oh mom forget, Jessica call you before. "
" Really? When? " I ask enthusiastic as I pull chair and sit on it. Jessica is my childhood friend who now live and work at Seoul. Meeting her is one of reason I'm accepting my job. 
" She just asking when you gonna go there. " mom answer me as she put the food on plate for Hyuk.
" Oh okay. " I chew the carrot slowly as my smile appear on my face.
Jessica in Seoul is the guarantee of my life never turn dull. Because she the coolest person I ever known.
My mind suddenly goes to high school time. Where she had confess her feeling to me. But I reject her because I'm treasure our friendship very much. What if we suddenly broke up? Friend become lover is easy, but do the opposite? It's one of tough job. Lucky Jessica is very mature and understand girl. She not type of girl who cry after get rejected by her first love. Ten minutes after I said no to her, we come back as usual, teasing, talking and laughing. But I got to say I was surprise when she suddenly decide to school and move to Seoul. Thinking that because I  reject her. Stupid thought actually since her decision pure because she have big dream and I proud to her cause of that.

I lay on my bed after finished doing the dishes. I open my wallet and try find some picture. Picture of me and her. It takes 3 years ago, when she back to Jeonju and tell me her wishes to stay and live forever at Seoul.
God I miss her...

And I fall sleep with her face in my mind that night.

 

TBC

__________________________________________________

 

 

a/n : First chapter! How is it? Bad? orz
I will do good in next chapter O~O
Pardon any typo and grammatical error ~