The Reason (HunHan)

From Up Above - dropped -
From Up Above

Chapter 2 - The Reason (HunHan)


“It’s the brat who bumped into me,” Sehun’s voice was as cold as ice; everyone in the room could feel the chill coming off of him and the hallways cleared. The only boys left were Sehun and Luhan, as well as Kyungsoo and Kai who had each stayed behind for their respective friends. Now you’re probably wondering why I don’t just step in and ‘suggest’ to Sehun that he should just forgive Luhan and fall in love with the guy, but that’s not how it works. The person has to have the thought himself, and it has to be possible in their minds; if not, they’ll simply ignore me.

“Who are you calling a brat?” Luhan’s voice was steady, the complete opposite of the turmoil in his heart.

“The cry-baby in front of me, who couldn’t even apologize for walking into someone else,” deadpanned Sehun, his voice devoid of any emotion

“Well, excuse me, but you could have apologized too,” an embarrassed Luhan replied. Taking my cue, I went over to Luhan and tried to persuade him to apologize.

“…I guess I’m sorry… I should have watched where I was going… But it’s my first day and I was kind of in a rush…” Luhan mumbled an apology, his voice trailing off when he saw no response from Sehun.

“And I’m supposed to care?” Luhan and Kyungsoo looked with shocked eyes at Sehun, his statement completely throwing them off.

“Uhm…” Luhan fumbled with his fingers, his brow furrowed with confusion.

“Whatever. Just forget it.” Sehun walked off, putting his earphones back into both ears. Kai followed, shooting Luhan and Kyungsoo somewhat apologetic glances. I face-palmed my forehead. Guess that didn’t work…

 

After the school day finished, I followed after Luhan, wanting to make sure that he was okay. He went into the apartment he lived in alone and the minute he closed the door behind him, he began ranting about the ‘Annoying Ice Monster Who Makes Fun of Innocent People’. It was kind of cute actually, this adorable boy throwing a tantrum, punching the air whilst muttering under his breath.

“I freaking apologized! What else can I do? I mean does he want me to get down on my knees or something?” he huffed, catching his breath once in a while. I sighed, wondering how he doesn’t get tired of all the moving. I went over and for the umpteenth time today, I whispered in his ears.

“Maybe, just maybe, there’s a reason why he’s so cold. Don’t let him get to you; I’m sure tomorrow will be better.” After a few minutes more of grumbling into his pillow, Luhan seemed to have calmed down.

“Let me call Kyungsoo, maybe he can finish what he was telling me before.” He dialed Kyungsoo’s number of his cellphone but there was no answer.

“Huh, I guess he’s busy,” Luhan groaned, flopping back down onto the bed. Truthfully, I already know the reason behind Sehun’s personality, or what he shows to others anyway. But it was not my place to tell the doe beside me so I decided to fly over to Sehun; see if Luhan is in his thoughts and if I can salvage something from my rapidly failing guardian angel duties.

-

Sehun had just got home; his house was much further away from the school compared to Luhan’s. I looked around, taking in the place. There were barely any pictures anywhere; most of the ones that I could see were of Sehun and his sister; even then, most seem like they were taken while Sehun was still a small boy, nothing recent. But it’s not like I expected any different. If his past is any indication, I’m not surprised that pictures with only his sister and himself are still left on the walls.

“Sis, I’m home,” Sehun called out to his sister, who was busy cooking in the kitchen.

“Hey, Sehunnie,” she said with a smile, “how was school today?”

“Meh, like usual.”

“Oh, okay… I went to put new flowers today... If you want, you can go talk to her for a bit before dinner,” Sehun shook his head and made his way upstairs to the bedroom. His sister let out a small sigh, looking through the kitchen window to the back garden where white lilies were blooming by a small marble gravestone.

“I’m sorry… I guess he’s still not over it…” she whispered to nobody but the wind. I went over to her, patting her gently on the back; although I knew she couldn’t feel me, the tears flowing down her face made me want to soothe her, comfort her in any way I could. When she controlled her sniffles and began cooking once more, I left her in peace, following Sehun to his room.

 

Like Luhan, the first thing he did was flop on his bed. But unlike Luhan, he just laid there, staring blankly at the ceiling. Suddenly, he rolled over onto his stomach, taking out his cellphone.

“Aiish, I can’t just mope around doing nothing.” He dialed Kai’s number, but just like Kyungsoo, there was no answer. He groaned, clearly wanting a distraction from the thoughts buzzing around his head. For a few minutes, he tried everything he could: humming a song, counting the tiles on the ceiling, walking around aimlessly. But nothing could take away his thoughts from going to that one person he did not want to think of.

“Sehun, dinner’s ready!” his sister’s voice could be heard. He sighed in relief, glad that he would have food to divert his attention.

 

However, dinner was no better. The two ate in awkward silence, clearing their plates in just fifteen minutes. Sehun helped his sister to clean up the table and both returned to their rooms to sleep. I was about to fly off, I assumed that Sehun would go straight to sleep, but then I noticed him going back out. I followed him, curious as to where he was headed. He didn’t go far. In fact, he went to the back garden, stopping in front of the marble gravestone, lightly tracing his fingers on the engravings.

‘A loving mother, may you rest in peace

Oh Seohyun

1972-2012’

Like his sister, small glistening tears fell from the corner of his eyes. But before I could even move to comfort him, he roughly wiped away the tears, holding back the sobs that were choking him.

“Mum… I’m sorry I don’t visit as often as I should.” There was silence for a few minutes as he collected himself. I made my way over to a small tree stump, sitting myself down. I was sure that Sehun had a lot to get off his chest, and I wanted to make sure that he was okay.

“The thing is, I still don’t get why… Why you had to leave us… Why that man left you…” he sighed, the memories of his past flooding back in remembrance. Now, since no-one can read Sehun’s mind, I’ll have to explain what exactly his memories are.

-

It was a week after their father that bastard left them and Sehun had just got home.

“MUM!” Sehun found his mother; her head slumped on the dinner table, an empty vial in her hand. There was a crumpled letter, her suicide note short and simple:

‘I’m sorry but just know that my love for you is eternal, never doubt that love.’

-

“Today, I met someone like you. He has the same eyes as you.” I turned my eyes at Sehun’s voice. Was he talking about Luhan?

“And at first, I was so attracted by him, those doe eyes that I remember of you. But then I remembered that . And how I would probably end up just like him. I mean you always did say how I was just like him, even though you probably didn’t mean it that way. So I ended up being such a mean and cold person to someone I barely know, and I feel so guilty. And the thing is, I think I could have feelings for this boy. I haven’t even had a proper conversation with him, the only things I’ve said to him are cruel, but I feel this weird attraction pulling me closer…” he trailed off, his long speech coming to a close as he reflected on his actions. I couldn’t stand it anymore. I got up, and whispered into his ear.

“You are not like your father. You are different. You have your sister who loves you to prove that. Take a chance with the boy, you never know, it could work out.” I kept repeating it over and over again, until Sehun walked back into the house and up the stairs to his room.

 

Luhan was in Sehun’s thoughts (in a good way) and I think that it is time to check up on my other humans. Now that I knew Sehun’s real thoughts, I let myself relax for a bit. Don’t worry, I’ll have plenty of time to let these boys come together. That’s what I told myself as I spread my wings, flying off for Kyungsoo’s home, to check up on the boy who did not reply to Luhan’s call.

 

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXohxG32ZL59qc5zgGvxO
Author's Notes

Hey ^^ The next chapter is up :) I've decided to have a little note in the title from now on just to indicate which pairing is the main one for the chapter, just to make it easier for you guys to follow. This chapter is very sort of Sehun biased >-< but i had to! background story... *hides*

But anyways, I hope you enjoy the chapter :D

P.S. I am going on holiday back to Malaysia for the next week and a bit, so no updates... I'm soo sorry but I'll be posting up a chapter of EXO Division before leaving so you can read that while I'm gone :) And I'm in my exam lead-up so I won't be able to post as often, maybe every3-4 days for a chapter.... But I'll make sure that it's at least weekly :P