We’re here for you (TaoRis)

From Up Above - dropped -
From Up Above

Chapter 12 - We’re here for you (TaoRis)


I peeked through my half-shut eyelids, confused at the lack of sound in the room. I gasped, and I find myself looking at Tao, who was glaring at the girl with his unnerving scowl. He had a tight grip on her wrist, stopping her attack on the defenceless Kyungsoo, who had braced himself for impact. The wide-eyed boy looked up to see Tao and he visibly relaxed, breathing out a sigh of relief when he saw that he was not going to be hit.

"If you weren't a girl, I'd wushu your for trying to pick a fight with this kid," said Tao, his terrifying voice slicing through the tension in the air, causing the girls to flinch in fear. From the door, there was a deliberate cough, and everyone’s head turned to the source of the noise. Kris was leaning on the door frame, his face on and directed at the suddenly trembling girls. Taking the signal, the girls run out of the classroom, not even once glancing back. I sigh in relief, holding my hand above my heart; I’m so glad that someone came to save Kyungsoo.

“Hey, are you okay?” asked Tao, kneeling down in front of the shocked boy. Kris strode over and stood beside them, keeping a watch on the door.

 

Suddenly, Kai comes running in, panting as if he had just run a marathon.

“Kyungsoo!” Kai rushes over to the elder, pushing past Kris and Tao, enveloping him in a tight embrace. “Are you okay?” Kai had Kyungsoo’s face cupped in his hands, searching for any signs that the other had been harmed. I felt a laugh bubbling up in my throat as I observed Kyungsoo’s cheeks returning to their usual rosy colour, blushing at the close proximity between him and his boyfriend. Also, the awkward sight of Tao and Kris just standing to the side, shifting their feet had me giggling. After some time, when Kai had made sure that Kyungsoo was alright, they finally turned to Tao and Kris, who had been averting their gaze to the assignments that had been posted up on the walls of the classroom.

“Thank you,” said Kyungsoo, his voice ringing with sincere gratitude. He bowed his head slightly, and Kai followed suit.

“You’re welcome,” replied Kris. Tao was biting his lip, and to me, it looked as if he was itching to ask how Kyungsoo had gotten himself into that situation in the first place. But he didn’t, opting for a brighter topic.

“Any time you need help, don’t be afraid to call me,” he said, gesturing for Kyungsoo to give him his phone.

“He means call us,” added Kris, rolling his eyes at Tao’s surprised expression. “What? Is there something on my face?” At the two’s quiet bickering, Kai and Kyungsoo chuckled, especially when the other two looked at them in confusion.

“I’ll take Kyungsoo home now,” said Kai, looping his arm around the shorter’s waist.

“Thank you again,” said Kyungsoo, waving as he was pulled out of the classroom. I let myself smile, glad that nothing bad happened. There have been so many instances where things could have gone so terribly wrong, but every single time so far, someone has come to the rescue.

 

When the footsteps of Kyungsoo and Kai could no longer be heard, Tao turned to Kris, eyeing the taller suspiciously.

“How did you know I was here? Last I checked, I was walking alone before I heard the shouting,” he said, raising his eyebrows. Kris just shrugged, nonchalantly whistling a meaningless tune. “Kris, seriously.” The said boy just started walking away, leaving Tao – and me – to scurry after him. “Hey, wait up!”

“No need to shout,” replied Kris, pretending to cover his ears to block out Tao’s continuous pestering. “I just happened to see you go into the classroom looking like someone stepped on your tail or something. I was worried-”

“Aww, you were worried about me?” interrupted Tao, looking up at the older with a grin plastered on his face. Maybe Tao didn’t notice the slow creep of a warm blush making its way onto Kris’ face, but I certainly did. Kris coughed, turning his face to the side to hide his embarrassment.

“You didn’t let me finish my sentence,” Kris retorted, a playful tone to his voice. “I was worried that you were about to betray my secret, and was on my way to make sure you wouldn’t spill; even if it meant beating you up.” I noticed Tao’s eyes widening, his clenched fist making contact with Kris’s shoulder.

“You should trust me,” Tao said, sticking his tongue out. “I wouldn’t reveal your plushie obsession-” His lips were silenced by Kris’ fingers, and I couldn’t help but let out a small giggle. These two are just too cute.

 

All of a sudden, Tao gasped, looking at his watch in horror.

“Oh my god! I’m late for wushu practise!” He scrunched up his face in frustration, running out of the room. I was left alone with a baffled Kris, who had a slightly dejected look on his face.

“Well, I might as well head over to Chanyeol’s since I have nothing else to do.” And I guess I’ll be going too, since I have nothing to do either…

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXohxG32ZL59qc5zgGvxO
Author's Notes

Sorry for not updating in a while, I dont even know if this chapter can make up for it since it's so crappy >_< I don't even know if it's TaoRis -.-

Comment/subscribe/vote -> These things are my food :3 And your love too, of course :P