I’m Just Watching (XiuChen)

From Up Above - dropped -
From Up Above

Chapter 9 - I'm Just Watching (XiuChen)


Leaving a blushing Sehun muttering to himself on his bed, I decided to go check on Luhan at his football practice. And no, it was not because of the possibility that I would be able to stare at hot teenage boys doing exercise that I went… Okay, maybe that was a small factor. Small. By the time I reached the school and found the football pitch, the boys were already finished with their warm-ups, preparing in their teams for a friendly match. I locate Luhan’s already-ruffled hair, standing in line next to none other than Xiumin. Oh, that’s great! Those two have something in common, something that’ll bring them closer as friends. I scanned the pitch for Xiumin’s other half, Chen, but he didn’t seem to be any of the players I saw. I guess football isn’t really his thing; I imagine that being a troll is more of his thing, considering his jokey nature.

 

The loud shrill noise of a whistle pierced my thoughts, signalling the start of frenzy as twenty-two teenage boys fought over the possession of one ball.

“Go Xiumin!” I heard familiar voices shouting cheers from the stands. It was Chen, along with Suho and Lay. Every time Xiumin got near the ball, cheers erupted from the three, grins spreading across their faces when Xiumin lowered his head in mortification. I glided over, seating myself beside Chen and listened in on their conversation.

“So what happened last week, when you dropped Lay off?” Chen asked innocently. Out of the blue, identical blushes crept onto their cheeks, drawing my attention. Oh my. Something must have happened. I craned my neck, curiosity taking over my mind.

“Th-That’s none of your business…” Suho stuttered. The normally eloquent Suho is stuttering? Wow, it must have been something big.

“Don’t be so mean,” reprimanded Lay, although his face was the same shade of pinkish-red as Suho.

“Yeah~ Lay, since Suho-hyung is such a meanie, why don’t you tell me?” Chen giggled, winking at the flustered Lay. By this point, I was struggling to hold in my laughter (not that anyone would have heard it anyway…).

 

Okay, enough with the teasers. I want need to know! I scooted over to Suho, whispering in his ears.

“Fine, Chen. Just stop the spazztival winking…” Suho sighed in defeat. Chen (and I) cheered, leaning in closer.

“I walked him home, and when he was about to go inside…” he paused, only continuing when Chen gave him a meaningful look, “I kissed him.” Chen gasped, his eyes widening. I let out a high-pitched squeal. KYA! “On the cheek,” added Suho hurriedly. Oh. Well, it was still something!

“And then I kissed him on the lips before running back inside…” continued Lay, his voice wavering with nervousness. Aww! How could I have missed this? I seriously need more bodies to keep watch on all of my humans 24/7… I looked back at the blushing couple (they must be a couple now, right?) their heads hiding in their hands.

“So, are you guys a couple now?” asks Chen excitedly, voicing out the question that I couldn’t. Suho looks over at Lay, who is avoiding his gaze. Uh-oh.

“Well, we haven’t had a chance to talk about it yet…” he said carefully. An awkward atmosphere settled around the three; even I could feel the tension in the air. Chen was fidgeting with his fingers, focusing on Xiumin and his face frowned at two figures approaching our way. I looked up and saw Xiumin and Luhan chatting animatedly as they strolled over, their bodies caked in dirt and sweat. Okay, I’m sorry, but they need a shower.

 

“Hey guys! This is Luhan, my new friend,” said Xiumin, gesturing to Luhan beside him. Everyone exchanged greetings, learning that Luhan too was from China. Lay started to speak in his native tongue, reminiscing with Luhan about a place that they both called home. I think that I was the only one that noticed Suho gazing at Lay with a gentle smile, amused by the younger’s happy, bubbly self. Xiumin occasionally joined in the conversation, smiling happily as he and Luhan slung their arms over each other. Suho and Lay stayed away, not wanting to dirty their clothes, laughing at the messy footballers in front of them. I’m glad that the boys are getting closer as friends, but I think there was someone that was not too happy with the touchiness of the new friends. Chen abruptly stood up, his voice strained when he spoke.

“I’m going to get a drink.” Everyone looked at his retreating figure, Xiumin getting up to follow.

“I’ll just go make sure he’s okay,” he said, following his best friend after the others nodded their understanding. I decide to tag along as well because I can’t afford to miss anything…

 

“Chen?” He had stopped, sensing that he was being followed by the one that had called his name. I inched closer, making my way to them. “Is this about Luhan? Are you jealous?” asks Xiumin, his voice a soft whisper that barely travels across to Chen. Even I had trouble hearing it, and I was closer to him than Chen was.

“No.” came the firm reply.
“But you were staring at me the whole time, with a weird frown on your face,” continued a persistent Xiumin, his face furrowed with concern.
“I was just watching you play.” I could tell Chen was lying, and I’m guessing that Xiumin could too.
“Is that really it?” he asks. Chen just pouts, refusing to tell Xiumin the truth. “You know, you’ll still be my ultimate best friend, even if I get close to other people right?” Xiumin says, trying to convince Chen to cheer up. I could tell by the confused expression on his face that Chen had felt his heart ache. He probably felt a weird tug on his heart, something that made him feel unsatisfied with being called a ‘friend’…

“Yeah, I know.” However, his voice was weak, like he wished for something more.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXohxG32ZL59qc5zgGvxO
Author's Notes

I'm so sorry //hides under table//

I said that this is a XiuChen chappie, but the fluff is mostly SuLay and then the sad stuff is happening to XiuChen :(

I hope that you still enjoyed the chapter though, and don't hesitate to subscribe and comment ^^

 

*I forgot to mention... A HUGE THANKS TO vipelf13 for coming up with the SuLay fluff <3*