Affectionate Bunch

From Up Above - dropped -
From Up Above

Chapter 17 - Affectionate Bunch


Todays flowed into tomorrows smoothly, days passing by without any hitches after the whole Kai and Kyungsoo ordeal. Obsessive fangirls managed to convert themselves into shippers of the now famous couple - although Kyungsoo would have preferred to be out of the spotlight - and no longer harassed the doe-eyed boy. The two could be seen being affectionate with each other around school, the younger barely letting the older out of his sight; Kai only wanted to make sure that no-one would bother Kyungsoo anymore... At least that's what I heard him tell the other as an explanation. I knew that he was probably using it as an excuse to hang out with his boyfriend more, to be able to sneak his arms around the shorter to pull him closer for a tight hug.

But it wasn't just the two of them that were more public with their love. In the mornings, I would float into Baekhyun's and Chanyeol's classroom, only to find the two of them with their heads bent over together, the close proximity a little strange for two people who were still claiming to be best friends. Seeing them from the first day, I didn't think that they could be more touchy-feely, but I was easily proven wrong... There was an instance a few mornings ago where I noticed Chanyeol biting - yes, biting - onto Baekhyun's shoulder, grinning like a crazed vampire! However, instead of finding the situation weird, the shorter just giggled, patting the other's head as if he was a puppy.

Right now, it's lunchtime and the boys have all gathered at what has become their usual table, right in the centre of the cafeteria. They may have not noticed, but I certainly saw the eyes that always gazed at them from afar. The group had quickly gained a following, their flower boy looks and bright atmosphere creating an image of highschool popularity. They even had a name already, 'EXO' I think it was... I don't really get why to be honest; I heard some girls say something about them being 'EXtraOrdinary' or something like that.

Anyways, back to the boys. Not only did they have a usual table, they also had a pre-decided seating arrangement. It wasn't as if they had planned to always sit in the same place, but it just happened naturally - and no, I did not suggest it to them at all... Okay, maybe I did a little convincing. But they wouldn't have listened to me if they weren't okay with it! They sat in two rows facing each other: One row consisted of Luhan, Sehun, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Tao and Kris whilst the other had Xiumin, Chen, Suho, Lay, Kai and Kyungsoo. Once everyone had seated themselves, Suho stood up once more, coughing loudly to catch everyone's attention. Unfortunately, he managed to choke on air and ended up coughing for real... Lay quickly passed him his carton of banana milk and patted the head boy on the back gently. After a few moments - and snickers from the younger boys - Suho finally stopped coughing, his face still flushed (although that might have been due to embarrassment more than anything else).

"We - and by we, I mean Lay and I - have some big news to share with everyone," he announced, reaching over to hold the younger's hands. From that gesture alone, everyone else on the table - and the rest of the cafeteria that had turned to witness Suho's coughing fit - could already roughly tell what the special announcement would be about. I could feel my jaw going slack, wondering how I managed to miss something big like this... Again!

"We're offcially dating," said Lay, his signature dimple coming out for everyone me to coo at.

"Aww you guys are so cute~" squealed Luhan, bringing his hands to his face and covering it as he continued his high-pitched spazz.

"That makes more than half of you love-struck fools," teased Xiumin.

"Kyungsoo and Kai, Suho and Lay, you guys are already dating and being all mushy," Chen added, grinning at how the faces of the mentioned couples became canvases painted with blush. "Baekhyun and Chanyeol are basically dating but aren't admitting it, just like Kris and Tao." Again, he just smirked at the other's protests and I found myself unable to stifle my laughter.

"But we still remember. Bros before hoes!" shouted Xiumin and Chen in unison, looking to each other with identical mischiveous expressions, raising their fists for a bump.

"Ahh, you're forgetting the other important rule," interjected Kai, nodding his head wisely as the two troublemakers looked at him with a confused look. " before chicks," he said with a compeletely serious face, only breaking into a bright peal of laughter when Xiumin and Chen fake-gagged at the attempt of a joke. Everyone joined in, the boisterous boys filling the cafeteria with their cheerful banter.

That is, most of them were. I might have been imagining it, but I'm sure that throughout the whole of lunch hour, Sehun was quieter than the rest, often just spacing out.  I don't know what's bothering him, but I wish I did. He really is very sensitive so I'm kind of worried that one day he'll just burst... Maybe I should get him to open up more. If that happens - and the right person is there for him - I'm sure that he'll be much happier with himself. And I have just the right person in mind!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXohxG32ZL59qc5zgGvxO
Author's Notes

Thank you for reading and hopefully you liked the chapter =) Finally got a laptop so I'll be updating more often (although that might not go so well since school starts next week...)

Anyways, leave a comment to show me how much you liked this, or if you have any constructive criticisms =P

Vote/subscribe/share and I'll be thankful <3