Who’s to blame? (KaiSoo)

From Up Above - dropped -
From Up Above

Chapter 11 - Who’s to blame? (KaiSoo)


After escorting Lay and Suho home – not that they knew I was with them the whole time that they talked about pointless things just to hear each other’s voices – I went back to fluffy clouds above that I called home. The next day, after a good rest, I decided to tag along with Sehun, who is currently on his way to pick up Kai.

“Hey, Kai,” said Sehun, when he reached Kai’s house and found him waiting by the gates. But he wasn’t the only one waiting for Sehun. My eyes widened as I observed Kyungsoo bow slightly and Luhan awkwardly looking to his shuffling feet. Kai returned the younger’s greeting, casually lifting up his arm.

“Kyungsoo and Luhan were on their way to school when I saw them. I asked them to wait up for me and you,” explained Kai. Sehun merely nodded, walking to the empty spot beside Luhan. They walked in a comfortable silence, reaching the school in a few minutes.

 

 It was still early, only a few students had arrived before them, milling about aimlessly. But those students that were there, they seemed to be surrounding something like a hive of bees attracted to honey.

“I wonder what they’re all staring at,” mused Luhan, his face scrunched up in thought. I may have been imagining it, but I think I saw Sehun sneak a glance and turn a slight shade of pink at the cute sight. Back to the object of the students’ attention though. Some of them were heading this way, and I could make out their faint whispers.

“Oh my god. Isn’t that Kyungsoo such a ?”

“Yeah. I can’t believe he thinks he can get away with this…”

I may be an angel, but my hearing is not that much better than a humans… If I could hear it… I looked over to Kyungsoo’s face, jaws slack in shock. He ran over to the crowd, pushing through them like a bulldover.

“Let me through!” When he saw what he did, he stared in horror, his hands grasping his face in desperation, hoping that it was all a dream. But I saw it too. Poster of Kain and Kyungsoo kissing (and let’s leave it up to your imagination what else was captured…)
"Kyungsoo, what is this?" asks Luhan, confused. Oh yeah, he didn’t know… Sehun quickly whispered the details into the shorter’s ears, his doe eyes widening in realization.


How could this happen? Kyungsoo was shaking, his whole body trembling. I didn't know if it was in fear or in anger. He whirls around, pointing an accusing finger at Sehun.

“You. This is all your fault.” He stressed the ‘your’, jabbing his finger at Sehun’s chest.

“Wh-” Sehun flinched when Kyungsoo interrupted him.

“You’re the only one that knew,” his voice harsh and unrelenting. He’s convinced that Sehun is the bad guy here, but I’m sure that Sehun wouldn’t do anything like that… Would he? Before anyone could react, there was a loud thud as Sehun’s back was pushed against the lockers, Kyungsoo’s arms pinning him against them. He pulls back his right arm, positioning it as if he would punch Sehun. No! Just as he was about to realease his anger on the innocent boy who was cowering in fear, Kai stops the fist that was about to punch someone.

"Sehun is my best friend. He wouldn't do that to me. Besides, this picture was taken before he knew. Look at the date stamp in the bottom," Kai’s voice was gentle yet firm, leaving no room for Kyungsoo to argue. I went closer, examining the date stamp, and it was just as Kai said. It was taken before Sehun found out.

 

Exhaling slowly, I could see that Kyungsoo was calming down, returning to his normal demeanour. “Sorry, Sehun,” he apologises to Sehun, regret clear in his midnight black eyes.

“It’s okay, I understand why you would have thought it was me,” comforted Sehun, but I could tell that he was still a little wary, keeping his distance.

“What was that about?” asks Luhan, looking straight into his new friend’s eyes. “Are you okay?”

“Yeah, I guess I’ll tell you later in class. We have to go now.”

“But I should stay with you,” said Kai, worry creasing his forehead.

“You have classes to go to, I’ll be fine,” reassured Kyungsoo, although his face said the complete opposite, pale with the anxiety that I knew he was experiencing. I remember when he said that this would happen… I guess it wasn’t really him being overdramatic, but totally realistic.

“Don’t worry, I’ll stay with him,” Luahn said, trying to ease Kai’s apprehension. And I will be everywhere that Kyungsoo goes too. It couldn’t hurt to have your guardian angel with you on a day like this…


All day, weird and strange things keep happening to him. He loses things, feels the stares of people but when he turns around there's nobody. Even I have no idea what’s going on… No matter how much I search, I can’t find any proof that he’s being followed or stalked at all. And the thing is, it keeps happening all day. I have this terrible suspicion that something’s going to happen; but I still have no idea what. Urgh. And it all gets worse when Luhan leaves for football practise. Now there’s no visible bodyguard that’ll keep away potential stalkers from Kyungsoo. Yeah, I might be here, but it’s not like I can do much…

 

 Kyungsoo is about to leave school but then I see hands clamp over his mouth, dragging him away to an empty classroom. Crap. I hurriedly spread my wings, flapping them as fast as I can to catch up. Inside the abandoned classroom, dust decorated the desks and chairs, cobwebs hanging from all corners of the room. Five girls surround him, glaring at him with daggers in their eyes, their faces almost maniacal. Kyungsoo flinches when they yell at him, the loud sound ringing in his ears.
"How could you?! You stole away our Kai!" they yell at him, anger rising in them. I could see it, these girls were obsessed. Stalkerish obsessed. But what I didn’t – and should have – expected was Kyungsoo’s reaction. He too got angry, his features becoming serious and grave instantly, the fright dissipating.
"Your Kai? You don't know anything about him except for this delusional image of oppa you have in your brains" he spat, staring her straight in the eyes. The girl raises her hand, ready to slap him and I cringe, waiting for the sound of slapping. But it never came.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXohxG32ZL59qc5zgGvxO
Author's Notes

*gasp* What do you think happened? 

Anyways, thanks for reading and I hope you'll comment/subscribe and vote ^^

P.S. As i'm updating this, 'Stop Girl' by UKISS starts playing xD It fits the ending so well x) My iPos is psychic :3

'Stop girl, in the name of love~'