You Owe Me (TaoRis)

From Up Above - dropped -
From Up Above

Chapter 16 - You Owe Me (TaoRis)


“Ow!” I turned back to the boys, just in time to see Kai whacking Suho over the head before pulling him in for a tight hug. “What was that for? You just hit your hyung…” whined Suho, rubbing the sore spot with one hand, the other arm returning Kai’s hug.

“That was for making me scared with your stupid plan,” said Kai, pulling Kyungsoo into the hug as well. “This is for making it all work out,” he added with a smile. I noticed the other boys looking on with a twinkle in their eyes, sharing mischievous glances with each other before focusing back to the three in the middle.

“Group hug!” shouted Chanyeol, cueing the start of a massive rush to get their arms around each other, sending the whole group crashing down to the ground. I chuckled at the sound of their breathless laughter, the whines of the ones at the bottom mingled in between.

“Why are you guys so heavy?” complained Sehun, who had somehow managed to land himself at the very bottom of the human pile, propping himself up on his elbows – I guess he knew he would be there for a while - as he exhaled loudly.  

“It’s not our fault that we’re already full-grown men and you’re still a baby,” teased Kai, sticking out his tongue at the youngest as he sat on top of the pile; I don’t even know how he ended up at the top when he was stuck in the middle at first… I guess he has really good evading skills.

“I’m only a few months younger than you!” protested Sehun, pouting as the others giggled at him. “At least I’m tall,” he retorted with a grin, smirking at the sudden glares being sent his way by some of his shorter hyungs.

 

“OH MY GOD!” Luhan’s sudden high-pitched scream caught everyone’s attention and they looked on in confusion as he scrambled out from the human stack, tugging on Xiumin’s arm as the elder yelped. “Coach is totally going to kill us! We’re late for practice,” explained Luhan urgently, shooting everyone apologetic glances as he waved goodbye, sprinting out of the auditorium with Xiumin close behind. “Bye guys!”

“Urgh, I have a student council meeting to go to as well,” groaned Suho, getting up and dusting himself off quickly. “I’ll see you guys tomorrow.” He too left the auditorium, hastening his pace after checking his watch and sighing at the time. After that, everyone else got up too, leaving in small groups for different places. Chen and Lay decided to go get some cake at the café; Chanyeol and Baekhyun decided to join in as well and the four of them left soon after. Kai and Kyungsoo were staring at each other with loving gazes and headed home, with an uncomfortable Sehun third-wheeling. I could tell that he would have rather walked home alone, but it couldn’t be helped that Kai’s house was in the same direction as his. In the end, I was left with Tao and Kris who were just awkwardly stood beside each other, shifting their feet.  

 

Feeling slightly mischievous – I think the boys are rubbing off on me – I went over to Tao’s ear and whispered my little ‘light bulb’ moment. Abruptly, Tao gasped, clapping his hand over his mouth.

“How could I forget that it was today?!” he screeched, grabbing onto the taller’s wrist and rushing out of the auditorium. I followed closely behind, grinning despite Tao’s agitation.

“What’s wrong?” asked a flustered Kris, who was clueless, getting dragged along by the younger. His eyes widened when they finally stopped, right in front of where they first met, the plushie store. “What are we-” Kris was ignored, Tao making his way over to a single panda plushie, hidden in the far corner of the store.

“Thank god, there’s still one left,” muttered Tao, breathing a sigh of relief as he picked up the soft toy, returning to Kris. He rummaged through his school bag which was being held by Kris, becoming more frantic by the second as he couldn’t find whatever it was he was looking for. Well, I knew what he was looking for, and I also knew where he had left it, but I’m not going to tell him anything… This was all part of the plan.

“Kris-ge…” Tao looked up at the blonde, his eyes drooping at the sides, his best puppy face already in place. Understanding immediately, Kris shook his head, his expression stern and unrelenting.

“No.” Tao flinched at the unsympathetic tone, but he persevered, pouting slightly.

“But it’s a special edition Gucci panda…” mumbled Tao, scuffing his feet. “I wouldn’t have asked but it’s the last one left and I can’t find my wallet anywhere,” he trailed off, peeking up at the older with big eyes.

“No.” Kris shook his head once more, handing over the other’s bag and crossing his arms.

“Please, gege…” pleaded Tao, raising his fists to his cheeks. Hehe, my plan is going perfectly. “Bbuing bbuing~” said Tao, doing his best aegyo and even I squealed at the adorableness of it all. Kris’ expression didn’t change, and I frowned. How could this guy resist that?

 

Out of nowhere, Kris grabbed the said plushie, turning to the counter. He pulled out his wallet, sighing in exasperation as he paid the cashier, returning to a happily bouncing Tao. I guess he couldn’t handle it after all…

“Thank you so much!” gushed Tao, quickly moving in for a hug before skipping out of the store, Kris’ jaw slack at the gesture. A soft blush was making its way onto his cheeks but he slapped it away, shaking his head for the umpteenth time that day to clear his head.

“You owe me!” he called out to Tao, who had stopped to wait for his saviour, innocently smiling like a child with candy; although in my eyes, he wasn’t like a child, but  in fact he is still actually a child, happy at the smallest of things. I’m sure that Tao’s adorable nature is the characteristic that will inevitably going to attract Kris…

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXohxG32ZL59qc5zgGvxO
Author's Notes

Massive thanks to sayestoexo for helping me by coming up with the TaoRis idea for this chapter <3

I'm sorry that it's been a while since the last update but I have no excuses ._. So I hope you continue to enjoy my updates, even though they're becoming a little slow...