The Plan

From Up Above - dropped -
From Up Above

Chapter 14 - The Plan


“So, Kyungsoo.” Tao turned to the said boy, and nudged him gently in the ribs. The Chinese boys were preoccupied with reminiscing about home; and just like when Lay and Luhan first met Xiumin and Chen, Kris was also speaking rapidly in Mandarin. It was the first time that I had seen him so outwardly happy, dropping the cool composure that he always carried – well, except for the time that Tao had caught him shopping for that dragon plushie. Chanyeol was initiating – well, trying to – a conversation with Sehun, who was just mumbling and looking down at the floor, sneaking occasional glances at the other; meanwhile Baekhyun kept eyeing  the deep-voiced giant, pouting at the sudden competition for attention. I guess he got used to being in another world where only he and Chanyeol existed…  Trying to suppress my giggles at his 4D personality, I focused back onto Kyungsoo and Tao, the latter with a concerned expression on his face. That wiped away any light feelings in my heart, and I could the heavy weight from before coming back.

“What’s up?” asked a slightly confused Kyungsoo, one of his eyebrows raised at the younger’s solemnity. Tao hesitated, biting his lips as he considered the right words to say. I wonder what could be eating away at his consciousness. I mean, today was a pretty good day, nothing bad had happened as far as I know…

“How... Did… Have they bothered you again ever since…” His voice was a hushed whisper so that the rest wouldn’t hear, their heads leaning towards each other; only Kai had detected the difference in atmosphere, and he chose to discreetly look away, not wanting to interrupt. Although, it was clear from the way that he shuffled closer to Kyungsoo that he was slightly concerned about it. Tao had trailed off, noticing, as I did, Kyungsoo’s face faltering, his smile dimming. There was silence between the two – Kai was quiet as well – for a few moments, Kyungsoo looking to the floor, unresponsive.

“Why aren’t you answering him?” To my surprise, and the full group of boys, Kai finally spoke up. The other nine boys finally noticed the tense atmosphere that had settled over Kai, Kyungsoo and Tao; they became subdued, witnessing the exchange nervously. “You said- You told me that they stopped…” Kai sounded hurt, and I could detect a hint of trepidation in his voice. “Did you lie to me?” Instead of denying the question like I thought he would, Kyungsoo just looked into his eyes, pleading for him to drop the subject. The taller gasped, unable to believe what was happening.

 

“Uhm, guys? I don’t mean to interrupt, but what’s going on?” questioned Suho, his gaze darting between Kai – who was now stood up, frozen in place – and Kyungsoo. When neither of them answered him, Suho sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose in frustration. I leaned over to whisper into Tao’s ear, urging to him to explain the whole situation to Suho. It may not be his place to reveal the circumstances of others, but maybe Suho could help. He is the head boy after all; he should be used to dealing with stuff like this.

“You guys won’t tell anyone right?” requested Tao, looking sideways at the couple who were still silent, Kai brooding and facing away from a crestfallen Kyungsoo. The rest of the boys shook their heads, promising their silence on the matter. Everyone except for Kris of course, since he already knew; instead he nodded subtly, urging Tao on.

 “Did you guys see those pictures up around school a couple days back?” Just at the mention of pictures, everyone’s eyes widened in recognition, everyone staring at Kyungsoo with slack jaws.

“That-”

“Yes. That was me,” Kyungsoo interrupted Suho, snapping out of his reverie, bitterness leaking through his despondency.

“With-”

“Me.” This time, it was Kai that interrupted the elder, finally turning to face everyone. His face was set into a frown, sharing a meaningful gaze with his boyfriend. “My fans don’t appreciate me having a boyfriend so they threatened him…”

“And Tao and Kris saved me when they cornered me into a room and tied me to a chair, wanting to beat me up,” continued Kyungsoo, speaking emotionlessly. “Everything is fine though. I don’t need to be protected like some damsel in distress,” he said, waving his arms to demonstrate his exasperation. I get his point though; he must feel of no use to Kai if all he gets is protection from his boyfriend’s overzealous fans.

“But-”

“I think I can help.” It was Kai’s turn to be cut off by Suho, who had a thoughtful look on his face.

“How?” Both Kyungsoo and Kai looked to him with round eyes, curious as to what Suho’s epiphany meant. I was attentive too; I’m meant to be their guardian angel but even I haven’t come up with a solution that wouldn’t hurt the either of them. Eleven pairs of eyes (twelve including mine) were trained onto Suho, who shifted uncomfortably at the sudden spotlight on him.

“I-” he hesitated, looking at the two with wary eyes. “It would be best if you two don’t know about it until tomorrow afterschool, when the plan will go through…” he clarified. The couple frowned, unsure of whether or not they could trust Suho. It made sense considering the current situation that they were in; to be honest, I still don’t see how he can deal with the hordes of fangirls.

 

After a few minutes of consideration, Kai and Kyungsoo finally got up, shooting worried glances at the group left behind.

“Just go,” assured Suho with a gentle smile, the others nodding their agreements.

“Okay…” replied Kyungsoo as he was being led away by Kai, still insecure about being kept in the dark. When they left the cafeteria, I leaned closer to the huddled group, attentive as Suho began explaining his plan.

“I will get an idea going round that the fangirls should hold a rebellion against Kai and Kyungsoo…” He held up his hand to stop the refutations that he knew was about to spill from the other boys’ mouths. “Wait. Let me tell you the whole thing before you attempt to murder me.” Truthfully, the idea already seemed doomed to fail, the absurdity throwing me off completely. “So after that rumour gets spread, I’m sure that the head fangirls,” he said, gesturing to the group of girls that just passed by, “would hold a meeting to do just that. At that meeting, that is where we take action.”

“But why would we need to go through all that?” asked Chanyeol, scratching his head in confusion. There were murmurs rippling amongst the others as well and I too was overwhelmed at the details.

“To make it seem as if it was done on their terms…” muttered Kris, just loud enough for the rest to hear. “Well thought out,” he said, admiring the thought process of the other. Suho bowed his head slightly in thanks.

“At the meeting, as I mentioned, we will take action.” As he said those words, Suho turned to Tao and Kris. “You two will speak up – after the girls are finished with their speech that I’m sure they’ll have for Kyungsoo – and intimidate the audience with your chilling presence.” At that, I couldn’t help but laugh at his description of the two; not because it was humorous, but because of how accurate it was.

“And how would we do that?” asks Tao innocently, tilting his head in curiosity.

“Just tell them that Kai should be able to choose who he likes. And then the rest is all natural,” Suho replies, a mischievous glint in his eyes. Kris rolled his eyes, sighing as he observed Suho’s teasing face while Tao was furrowing his eyebrows.

 

“Anyways, after that, Xiumin and Chen, you will propose a ‘Contest to win Kai’s heart’. The first one to make him blush will win,” continued Suho. “Oh, and Kyungsoo will go last,” he added as an afterthought. Everyone’s eyes widen at his suggestion.

“Isn’t that too unpredictable?” whispered Lay, looking at Suho in disbelief.

“It’ll work.” Suho’s reply was full of conviction and nobody doubted him after that. I was also beginning to believe in this ludicrous plan of his.

 

After they finished discussing the finer details, the bell rang, signaling the start of lessons once more. The boys dispersed and I decided to go home and prepare for the long day tomorrow…

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXohxG32ZL59qc5zgGvxO
Author's Notes

Thank you for reading the chapter and I hope you enjoyed it ^^ I finally have motivation to continue writing this xD It was starting to get hard, writing from the point of view of someone who is not actually part of the story =P I was beginning to think in 3rd person (because of my other fics) and I kept forgetting to include first person stuff...

Anywhos, updates will be more frequent since my exams are practically over =D This chapter wasn't supposed to be done, since I'm actually meant to be revising for my biology exam tomorrow but meh~

Don't hesitate to leave me a comment to tell me what you thought about this chapter and feel free to subscribe/vote =)