Officially Friends

From Up Above - dropped -
From Up Above

Chapter 13 - Officially Friends


Yesterday, when Kris went over to Chanyeol’s, they didn’t do much. All they did was play video games, so I left pretty quickly. There was no need for me to be there, I mean they were just teenage boys playing a video game. Not much I can do there… Unless I ‘guide’ them to victory, which seems kind of pointless; they were doing pretty well on their own. Anyways, this morning, I checked up on Baekhyun and Chanyeol who, as usual, were absorbed in their own little world, too busy to take notice of what was going around them. I let myself smile, relaxing as I drifted in the hallways. Those two will be fine, they’re already pretty close. They probably see each other as best friends, but I can work with that. Another day though. I think it’s time I focused less on getting the couples together and focus more on building friendships between these twelve boys. If I get them all to be friends, they’ll all help each other, right?

 

My attention was grabbed by the image of two people awkwardly standing next to each other in one of the science labs as I passed by. I made my way over, stopping just behind the two opposites. Suho and Kris were looking at the sheet of paper that I assume the teacher had assigned them to complete in pairs.

“Uhm, so I guess we should get started,” said Suho, craning his neck up with difficulty to look at the taller. Kris chuckled, finding the sight rather amusing (much like I was).

“Before we do, I think we should introduce ourselves,” replied Kris, reaching for a handshake. Suho looks at the waiting hand for a moment, before grasping it tightly in his own.

“Suho. And I know that you’re Kris,” Suho cuts off Kris, who was about to respond but now has a surprised look on his face. I find it funny how Suho loves teasing everyone by knowing their names before they even meet; this boy has a hidden sense of humour.

“How-“

“I’m on the student council; I kind of have to know everyone,” he shrugged, a mischievous glint in his eyes. I laughed at Kris’ confused expression, which he tried to cover up hastily. “Oops, we only have forty minutes left to finish this up,” said Suho, glancing up at the clock on the wall with a small pout.

“Really? Crap, she’s going to kill us if we don’t finish the write-up,” groaned Kris, looking at the experiment in front of him.

“Let’s get this done,” said Suho, trying to motivate himself as well as the tall giant standing beside him. They busied themselves with dissecting a flower, heads bent over the desk in concentration. It was cute seeing them so focused on that tiny flower.

 

-

 

“Phew, we made it!” cheered Suho, stretching his arms above his head as Kris went to hand in their assignment. To be honest, I was slightly worried seeing their terrified faces as the clock counted the last remaining minute and they were still scribbling down their write-up furiously. The look on relief when they wrote the last word with a dramatic flourish had the teacher rolling her eyes and me giggling. They were about to leave the class – it was time for lunch – when I saw Kris pulling on Suho’s sleeve gently.

“Do you want to sit with me and my friends for lunch? I don’t really know anyone else in our class and I thought it’d be good to get to know you better,” asked Kris, looking slightly shy.

“Yeah, sure,” beamed Suho. “Can I bring along some of my friends too? They’re Chinese as well.” Kris nodded slowly, baffled at what could be nothing other than a perfect photographic memory.

“Seriously though, how do you do that? There’s got to be at least a few hundred students in the school.”

“I try,” replied Suho, winking back at the other. “Let’s go, I’m starving.” Kris laughed at Suho, who was currently rubbing his stomach, rushing out of the classroom as if his life depended on it.

 

When we got to the cafeteria, Kris led Suho to a table where Tao was already waiting. I guess Kris trained him well…

“Hi there, Tao. I’m Kris’ new friend, Suho.” He introduced himself before Kris could, the look on Tao’s face priceless.

“How-”

“Don’t bother asking,” laughed Kris, taking his place beside Tao. Suho sat down opposite of them, waving a group of people over. I counted the number of heads. Seven? I’m sure there aren’t that many Chinese boys under my care…

“Hey Suho. We brought Lay and Luhan as well,” greeted Xiumin, sitting down beside Kris and Tao. “Hi, I’m Xiumin and this,” he pointed to the boy beside him, “is Chen.”

“I’m Lay,” mumbled Lay, shyly sitting down beside Suho.

“I’m Luhan,” his bright and chirpy voice lifting their spirits. “I asked Sehunnie to come too. I think he needs more friends,” he whispered – not so secretively – earning him a hit from the younger whilst the laughter just became louder.

“I have friends, thank you very much,” Sehun retorted, gesturing to Kai and Kyungsoo, who were standing slightly to the side.

“Actually, we came here for Tao and Kris,” teased Kai, sticking his tongue out playfully at his shocked friend, whose jaw was wide open.

 

“Did we miss some sort of party?” Chanyeol’s deep voice brought everyone’s attention to the newly arrived pair, Baekhyun hiding behind the taller. I laughed, along with the twelve boys, who seemed happy at making new friends. This is what I do my job for; seeing the content smiles being passed around like some sort of contagious disease. I think I’m starting to see why Mrs. Mochi gave me this huge job. It was tiring at times, but it’s all going to be worth it.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXohxG32ZL59qc5zgGvxO
Author's Notes

Hai there >^^> So how did you enjoy this OT12 chappie? Although I admit, it's more KrisHo...

And I'm so sorry for anyone who was waiting for BaekYeol >_< It's just that I didn't know what I could write about them that would flow into this chapter :P Anylays, please comment/subscribe/vote :) My readers are relapsing into silence :o