And The Court Favours...

From Up Above - dropped -
From Up Above

Chapter 15 - And The Court Favours...


The next morning passed by in a flash, and before I noticed it, it was already time for the so-called meeting that Suho had planned. It was just as he said; how a rumour would spread like wildfire around the school – although I did help slightly by whispering into a few ears here and there – and how the head fangirls would convene together and decide to hold an intervention against Kai and Kyungsoo. But I don’t think that Suho had expected Kai and Kyungsoo’s reaction to the whole thing; he was bewildered by a fuming Kai and a nervous Kyungsoo, who was hiding behind the taller, during lunch.

“Is this your idea of a wonderful plan?!” shouted Kai, grabbing the head boy’s collar with both hands and I flinched as he pushed the other against the lockers. “You expect us to walk straight into a devil’s trap?!” In Kai’s grasp, Suho began spluttering, his air supply being cut off.

“Stop it, Kai…” Kyungsoo restrained his seething boyfriend, pulling away his fingers that were wound around Suho’s neck. “I’m sure that he has a perfectly reasonable explanation for this, right?” he said, turning to face the person who had concocted the idea. Suho grunted his assent, massaging his sore nape, faint red marks clearly visible from where I was observing them.

“You have to trust me.” His voice was hoarse but the confidence in it managed to placate Kai; even if it was only a bit, his shoulders relaxed slightly and were not as tense as they previously were. “Go to the auditorium and just go along with the flow,” requested Suho, reaching out for Kai’s right hand and Kyungsoo’s left. “I know that we haven’t been friends for all that long, but I want to see you two happy,” he said, genuine sincerity twinkling in his clear eyes as he joined their hands together, smiling that angelic smile of his. And yes, even those are the words of humans, seeing that smile with my own eyes sometimes made me wonder about Suho’s existence…

 

-

 

“We have held this meeting to petition against Kyungsoo as Kai’s boyfriend!” screeched a girl, whose name I had not yet heard of, her high-pitched nasally voice making everyone in the room wince in discomfort. “Kyungsoo! We demand you to break up with Kai!” she called out, pointing her finger straight at said boy, the rest of the students present copying her gesture and words. They began chanting, and I frowned as Kyungsoo shrunk further into himself, unshed tears threatening to fall from his sad eyes.

“You girls are stupid,” interrupted Tao, a deathly glare being sent their way. Kris nodded his head lazily, tsk-ing in disapproval. “Don’t you think that Kai should have a right to choose in this matter?” he growled, both of the Chinese boys standing up to their gull height, intimidating all of the fangirls into silence.

“B- But,” one of them stuttered, but her protest was muted by a scowl from both Tao and Kris.

“There are no exceptions to basic human right,” Kris snapped, the atmosphere becoming more and more suffocating due to their aggressive attitudes. Kai and Kyungsoo looked scared, still  in the dark about the whole plan – to be honest, in their position, I would have been terrified, seeing their saviours acting so harsh.

 

“Now, now, no need to be so nasty,” sang Chen, smiling brightly. Instantly, the tense atmosphere melted away as everyone focused on him and Xiumin, who had walked up to the couple.

“We understand that you’re just concerned about Kai,” consoled Xiumin, patting a random girl’s back. “And you think that you can do better than Kyungsoo.” At his words, there was a sea of nods and mutters of ‘obviously’ all around the room.

“Why don’t we test it out then?” suggested Chen, the smile on his face never faltering. “Line up and step up in front of Kai.”

“If you manage to make him blush in less than ten seconds, they’ll break up. Kyungsoo will go last so all of you will have a chance to try,” explained Xiumin, motioning for the fangirls to line up in front of him. There was almost a human stampede, but a cough from Kris and Tao had them shuddering in fear, enough to make them calm down. I’m just glad that I wasn’t down there – I had resorted to floating above them – it looked so chaotic. Kai was about to object, but seeing Suho nod at him, decided to just go along with the flow. He released a loud sigh, rolling his eyes in exasperation.

“Let’s get on with it then,” he huffed grudgingly, crossing his arms over his chest, tapping his foot impatiently. There must have been at least a hundred girls lined up, each getting ten seconds to try and impress Kai.

 

-

 

 

After about twenty minutes – and many frustrated fangirls stomping off in fury – the line had finally diminished, leaving only Kyungsoo. Kai looked grumpier than before – if that was even possible – but to be honest, I too was getting a little edgy at the whole situation. And that’s saying something, since I have the patience of… well, of an angel, I guess. The whole auditorium held their breaths in anticipation, waiting to gauge Kai’s reaction as Kyungsoo slowly moved forward, face down. He lifted his head tentatively, making eye contact with his boyfriend, biting his bottom nervously. His eyes were round, the innocence clear in the clear orbs. Within milliseconds, a soft pink blush bloomed on Kai’s cheek as he shyly returned the other’s gaze, stepping forward to envelop him in a warm embrace. I couldn’t help but cheer loudly (well, it’s not like they can hear me anyways…) and at the same time, Suho spoke up.

"You've seen with your own eyes their true feelings. Be happy for them if you're truly concerned about Kai." His words were weighted with gravity as mumbles echoed throughout the room but no-one dared to protest. Little by little, the auditorium emptied, as people left by the masses, the excitement dying down.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXohxG32ZL59qc5zgGvxO
Author's Notes

Thank you for reading this chapter and I hope you enjoyed it ^-^ Sorry for the long wait, but I lost the motivation to write this chapter when I started updating my other fics, but the thing that happened at Changsha airport today (if you didn't hear about the chaos, then go look it up =P) made me so annoyed, that it got easier to write the fangirls part... When I first thought of this plot, I didn't actually think that it was possible for fans to be so... crayz? but the recent events have proved me otherwise. I know that we're all excited about their comeback, but if we keep jeopardizing heir safety, there might come a day where they DON'T WANT to comeback anymore.... It's got the point where Luhan shouted. You know it's bad when one of the calmest members gets agitated. And the worst thing is, they still worry about fans' safety, helping them up when they fall, not caring about their own situation.

Okay, that's my rant over >< Sorry, but the boys really deserve better.