Oops (HunHan)

From Up Above - dropped -
From Up Above

Chapter 8 - Oops (HunHan)


Quick note: the chat messages will be coloured in this blue and are italic, just to make it clear that they are neither the narrative nor speech

~

*knock knock*

“Oh, hi there, Sehun,” a woman who looked like a female version of Kai answered the door, and I assumed it to be his mother. Sehun (and I was here too, it’s just that none of them could see me) greeted Kai’s mother politely, asking for the said boy.

“Um, I’m sorry. Kai left earlier. Did he not tell you?” Sehun furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, but quickly masked it with his ‘polite-face-reserved-for-adults’. He left with a ‘thank you’, waving to the woman as she closed the door. Sehun started walking slowly to school, taking his time and I decided to just walk beside him instead of flying above him. Every so often, I would notice the boy next to me shaking his head in confusion, mumbling “But I’m early today… why is he in school even earlier?” to himself. I chuckle. Knowing what I know, it’s quite likely that Kai is spending some alone time with his Kyungsoo.

 

After ten minutes of walking to school - it was still early so there was no-one on the streets, - we finally saw the school building appear in front of us. As soon as we entered the building, Sehun took a detour to his locker, and I realized that this is the direction to Kai’s locker. We turn the corner and…

OH MY GOD! Not again. Sehun freezes as he witnesses the scene in front of him. His best friend is devouring a small boy with big eyes, the former pushing the latter into the lockers, their hands tangled in each other’s hair. I gasp, rushing over to cover Sehun's innocent eyes... Oh yeah, I'm invisible and he can still see... Kyungsoo jumps, and ducks down from under Kai's arm. Both of them try to neaten up, flattening down their tussled hair, running the back of their hands across their mouths.  There's an awkward silence as Sehun just stares at his best friend and the appearance of said best friend’s lover. I could see a flicker of recognition in his eyes and a spark of surprise, but he quickly hid it once more. I don't know what's going through Sehun's head right now and I dint think Kai and Kyungsoo have any idea either...
"I'm Sehun, you must be Kai's secret boyfriend that I've never heard about before." Sehun's voice broke the silence, and although his voice was completely serious, his mouth was tugging with a faint smirk. The three of us (yeah, that includes me as well) lest out a sigh of relief, the sound of Kai’s and Kyungsoo’s breaths is the only sound in the silent hallway.

“I’m Do Kyungsoo, and you must be the best friend I’ve heard all about.” Kyungsoo returned the handshake, glad that Sehun didn't flip. Kai looked like he was ready to burst with joy; I guess not having to keep secrets from his best friend took a weight of his shoulder.

 

“So how did you guys meet?” Sehun asked, clearly curious about the two’s newly-revealed relationship. That one question started off a whole chat, and since I’ve heard it all before (when I was stalking spying checking up on the couple that one night) I let my mind wander, trying to think of ways to get my boys heading the right direction. Right now, I’m most worried about Sehun and Luhan. All the other boys have friendly relationships that are quickly moving towards a dating relationship whereas these two aren’t even on speaking terms… Wait, I think I have an idea. I fly over to Sehun, whispering urgently in his ear. Please work… I’m sure the thought must be somewhere in his head already.


"Uhm, Kyungsoo..." Sehun was stuttering as he tried to get his words out. "The boy from before... The one who bumped into me..."
"Oh, you mean Luhan?"
"That's his name?" asked Sehun. Kyungsoo nodded.
"Can I have his number?" Sehun's voice trembled, nervousness quickening his heart rate.
Kyungsoo's eyes widened. Kai looked at his friend in surprise, and I guess he wasn’t used to the shy Sehun trying to be sociable.
"I just wanted to apologise for being so mean! I didn't even know his name..." Sehun hastily added.
"Oh, okay." Kyungsoo relaxed, letting go of his worries. Maybe he thought that Sehun wanted his Luhan’s number so that he could call him up and then beat him up. Which is very unlikely in my opinion; Sehun isn’t really the gangster type. I’d like to think of him as misunderstood.
Sehun handed his phone over to Kyungsoo, who entered Luhan's number.
"Well I've got to go to class now~" Kyungsoo kissed Kai goodbye, and they left for classes.

For the whole day, I stayed with Sehun and observed him. He constantly had a distracted expression. I could guess that his thoughts were elsewhere, probably thinking of a certain boy and his number. I bet he’s having an internal conflict, thinking whether or not he should go through with it.

 

-

 

After an uneventful five hours of watching a totally bored Sehun at school, it was finally time for him to go home. He rushed home like there was no tomorrow, I would have had trouble keeping up with him if it weren’t for my wings.

“Sis, I’m home,” Sehun called out to his sister, just like the last time I visited (well, visited without either of their knowledge…).

“Hey, Sehunnie,” she said with a smile, “how was school today?”

“Meh, like usual,” but this time there was an underlying urgency in his voice, like he has somewhere else to be. I giggled at this cute boy in front of me, who was desperate to run away to his room. Even his sister noticed that Sehun was acting a little weird, giving him a strange look. But she let him go anyway, after reminding him that dinner would be in a few hours. He dashed upstairs, taking two steps at a time. He ran into his room, catching his breath as he quickly shuts the door behind him. Well, someone’s a little nervous.

“How do I do this? I can’t just start chatting to him… He’ll think im weird,” groaned Sehun as he tugged on his fair, belly-flopping onto his bed. I chuckled, and decided to nudge him in the right direction. I walked over to him, whispering into his ear.

“You should apologize. I’m sure if you do that, he won’t think you’re weird at all. And you did say that you felt some sort of attraction towards him,” I persuaded.

 

11/10/2012 15:50:59: Sehun: Hii

 

“What did I just do?! Did I just say hi? What if he doesn’t answer?” Sehun was panicking, grumbling to himself as he sent the message to the number he got from Kyungsoo. I peeked over his shoulder, jumping up in surprise as he screamed.

 

11/10/2012 15:51:33: Luhan: Uhm,  hiya… Who is this?

 

Oh yeah, Luhan doesn’t know that Kyungsoo gave his number to Sehun… I noticed that Sehun too had realized, blushing at his mistake. He didn’t bother to hide his burning cheeks though, since I guess ‘technically’ he’s alone in his room…

 

11/10/2012 15:52:29: Sehun: it’s Sehun. I’m the guy who bumped into you before…

 

Sehun held his breath, anxious about Luhan’s reaction. I too became worried as there was no reply for a few minutes. Looking at Sehun, I see that his face is sad, hurt at the rejection.

 

11/10/2012 15:55:41: Luhan: What do you want now? Another apology? Coz you aren’t going to get one. Or do you want to insult me some more? 

 

Ouch. That was harsh, but I guess it was to be expected. Sehun stared at the message in shock, instantly typing away his response.

 

11/10/2012 15:55:49: Sehun: No, that’s not it. I wanted to apologize to you. I’m sorry if I upset you, I wasn’t having a very good day and I just lashed out on the first person I saw.

 

He continued to stare at his phone, and for his sake, I hope that the reply will be a good one. He looks on the point of breaking down. He may look like an arrogant ice-prince, but in actual fact, he’s a sensitive boy that’s misunderstood. Just because of that, he closes himself off, building tall walls to protect himself.

 

11/10/2012 15:57:01: Luhan: I accept your apology… I guess I should have watched where I was going as well :P

 

Wow. Luhan sure does forgive fast. But it was written in his bio that he is extremely friendly, and this is proof of that.

 

11/10/2012 15:58:42: Luhan: Haha, brb footy ttyl x

 

“Did he just ‘x’ me?” exclaimed Sehun, his eyes widening at the small letter on his phone screen. He quickly typed in his goodbye before Luhan went offline and I let out a small giggle when he had the look of a child who had just got his favourite toy to play with.

 

11/10/2012 15:59:29: Sehun: Have fun x

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXohxG32ZL59qc5zgGvxO
Author's Notes

So what did you think of the chapter? HunHan is finally talking xD ^^ Don't be afraid to comment/subscribe :)

And just a notice: I know KaiSoo is supposed to be next, but I'll be changing the order of the couples for the next cycle to accomodate the story line :P So in case you are wondering what order they will appear in, i will list them below:

Hunhan - XiuChen - SuLay - KaiSoo - TaoRis - BaekYeol

But I added KaiSoo in this chappie, so don't be too angry :3

Thanks for reading~