So what does this make us? (SuLay)

From Up Above - dropped -
From Up Above

Chapter 10 - So what does this make us? (SuLay)


“Let’s head back,” suggested Xiumin, reaching out for Chen’s hand. I watched Chen hesitate, but he slowly offered his hand to the older, smiling gently at the contact.

“Hyung?” Chen’s voice was quiet, and he seemed like he was shy about something. Xiumin turned to face him, humming for him to continue. I leaned closer, trying to capture his whispers. “What does it mean when your heartbeat starts to race, and your cheeks start blushing a lot?” he asked. My eyes widened. He’s in love, I’m sure of it! At his dongsaeng’s words, Xiumin paused, his mouth wide open in surprise.

“Chen, I think you’re in love.”

“…”

“…”

“…”

“Haha, no way!” snorted Chen, who was trying to hold in his laughter, but failing miserably. Oh wonderful, he’s in denial. But at least he’s starting to show the signs! Xiumin just raised his eyebrows, unable to comprehend the actions of the other. Ohh, I have an idea. I floated over to him, whispering in his ears.

“Haven’t you been blushing recently whenever you’re alone with Chen? And your heart rate in up, even now…” And on cue, a pink blush bloomed on his cheeks. Chen, noticing this, pointed at it.

“Look! Hyung, you’re blushing! Does that mean you’re in love?” he teased, sticking his tongue out light-heartedly.

“Whatever…” he retorted, rolling his eyes at the immaturity of his best friend. I laughed at their cute interaction, satisfied that Chen was no longer upset with Xiumin.

 

-

 

By the time we got back to the stands, Lay and Luhan were chatting in their native tongue, Suho looking on with a fatherly smile.

“Guys, you’re back,” he greeted warmly when he noticed Xiumin and Chen walking over.

“Oh! It’s getting late, I have to go now,” Luhan said quickly, dashing off whilst waving goodbye at the rest. I chuckled. He sure is like a wild deer, bounding off everywhere.

“He’s right, we should be heading home now,” advised Xiumin, Chen nodding his agreement.

“Why don’t you drop Lay off?” Chen added, smirking at his blushing friends. Xiumin looked on in confusion.

“Wait, what did I miss?” he asked, although he never got a reply as Chen dragged him away. I guess I’ll go with Suho and Lay then, since everyone else left in such a hurry. Plus, I’m sure they’re going to have a talk about ‘the kiss’, and I don’t want to miss it this time.

“Uhm, well, we better get going too,” mumbled Suho. Lay shook his head.

“No, it’s fine. I can get home myself,” he replied, smiling his dimpled smile. I could see Suho visibly melt at that signature smile, shaking his head vigorously.

“I insist. Plus, I think it’s time we talk about it…” he maintained, his eyes looking straight into Lay’s, who hesitated for a while before motioning for Suho to walk beside him. This is probably not the first time that I should have felt this way, but really, I feel like I’m intruding… But, that’s my job and I’m not leaving now.

 

They left the school, walking side by side but leaving a gap of air between them. I had the strangest urge to just pull them together, but the lack of a solid limb of any sort quickly got rid of that idea. There was an awkward silence, furtive glances stolen once in a while to see who would break the stillness first. Before they, or even I, realized, we had reached the front of Lay’s home. Woah. How did that happen? Lay looked at Suho, his lips tugged up at the corners, but not quite smiling. Wordlessly, he turned around, turning the doorknob slowly.

“Wait.” Finally, the silence was broke, Suho’s hand around Lay’s wrist. I held my breath, unsure of what would happen next. “Please don’t leave without us clarifying things…” With a sigh, Lay hesitantly turned around once more to face Suho. He looked down at his wrist, still in the grasp of the other. A slow blush appeared on his cheek and he coughed softly. Getting the hint, Suho let go but continued to wait for Lay to say something. I felt the need to laugh at their shyness, but held it in considering the moment.

 

“The kiss…” began Suho, undeterred by Lay’s silence. “Just know this. I didn’t regret it. Not one bit.” At his words, Lay looked up, eyes wide at the sudden statement.

“You didn’t?” he questioned. Of course he didn’t… He kissed you on the cheek first, remember?

“Well, it was with you,” replied Suho. At those words, both boys blushed furiously, their cheeks flaming with bashfulness.

“So what does this make us?” asks Lay, his voice shy. Yet, I could sense hope in his voice. Hope for the answer that he is waiting for. I hold my breath too, trusting with all of my heart that Suho says the right thing. Without me intervening.

“W-What do you want us to be?” Suho countered, unsure of how to respond.

“Suho… I kissed you on the lips… I don’t think my feelings could be any clearer…” Lay answered, although his words were muffled with embarrassment.

“Oh yeah… Well, I think we should take it slow and easy,” said Suho. “How about we get to know each other more?” he suggested. Well, I guess he’s right. It would be slightly very rushed if they suddenly professed their love for each other within a week of meeting. But they have time, and so do I, so letting this be isn’t necessarily a bad thing.

“Okay,” Lay agreed, genuinely smiling as he waved goodbye to Suho.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXohxG32ZL59qc5zgGvxO
Author's Notes

Thank you for reading ^^ I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and sorry for the wait :P

XiuChen and SuLay shared the last two chapters, so now it's all fair x)

Don't hesitate to comment/subscribe :)