Those eyes (BaekYeol)

From Up Above - dropped -
From Up Above

Chapter 5 - Those Eyes (BaekYeol)



"Well, I'm off. Bye Channie." Kris said his goodbyes, picking up his shopping bags.
"See you~" Chanyeol waved as Kris left. Now that Kris is gone, I think it's time to put my plan into action! I looked back, making sure that the heavy-eyelinered boy was still staring at Chanyeol. Most people would think that the boy was a stalker, staring intently at his target... But I knew that this boy was no stalker. In fact, I think him paying attention to Chanyeol from far away and being too shy to come over is kind of cute. And, it is my job to get the two together, so here goes! I whisper into Chanyeol's ear.
"Notice the boy staring at you? Just turn around~" After a few seconds, he slowly turned around, confusion on his face. He met the gaze of that someone, who quickly looked down and blushed. Come on, Chanyeol! Don't be such a clueless dork! Go up and talk to him. I held my breath as Chanyeol had his thinking face on.

Suddenly he got up, the sound of a chair scraping drawing the attention of the embarrassed boy. I smiled as his blush intensified when he saw Chanyeol sitting beside him.
"Hey, I know you from school right?" asked Chanyeol, grinning at the boy. "...We're in the same class... I sit right next to you..." mumbled the other.
"Oh, I never noticed..." Chanyeol scratched his head, trying to remember the boy in front of him, "... I'm Chanyeol."
"I know." The boy's voice was shy, barely an audible whisper.
"... And you are?" Chanyeol chuckled at the boy's cuteness.
"Baekhyun."
"Nice to finally talk to you, Baekhyun," said Chanyeol, flashing a toothy grin that Baekhyun couldn't help but smile in return.
 

-


After the weekend, it's time for school again. This morning, I looked out for Chanyeol and Baekhyun, hoping for them to progress a little more. I'm glad that they've finally talked to each other, but I want them to be a little closer. I mean, Chanyeol would be a good influence on the shy Baekhyun. I peek into their classroom and notice that the two were sitting next to each other. Chanyeol was animatedly talking whilst Baekhyun listened intently. Haha aww, they already look like a cute couple. I move closer, curious at how close the two had gotten.
"Baekhyun, I'm so glad that you actually listen to what I have to say... Kris always just ignores me," said Chanyeol, a pout forming on his face. Baekhyun giggled and Chanyeol pouted even more, causing Baekhyun to burst out laughing.
"Don't laugh at me~" said Chanyeol, purposely making his bass voice sickeningly sweet and cute. At that, even I burst out laughing, joining in with the boys (although they were oblivious to my presence...). However, soon enough, the teacher came in, and both of the boys turned their attention to the front.


-
 

"Hey, Baekhyun?" Their class had just been dismissed and it's time for break. Chanyeol and Baekhyun were just leaving the classroom, with me flying closely above them.
"Hmm?" Baekhyun looked up at the giant tower beside him, and I could tell that Chanyeol was barely restraining himself from squealing like an excited fanboy.
"Do you want to sit with me?" he asked. Baekhyun furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. Chanyeol's face fell, his heart waiting for the rejection to come.
"But I'm already sitting next to you..." he replied. Chanyeol face-palmed (I did too. How clueless is this boy?)
"Haha I guess I didn't really make myself clear. I meant at lunch. Do you want to sit with me and my friends at lunch?" Chanyeol asked once more, his smile returning. Baekhyun's eyes widened and there was a tell-tale tinge of red on his cheeks.
"Okay," he replied and I fist-pumped the air. I'm glad they're getting close so quickly.

We entered the cafeteria, the boys heading for a table after taking their food.
"Hey, Kris!" Chanyeol waved to the other giant, motioning for him to join them. Kris walked over slowly, and I could see he was keeping up his 'cool' composure...
"Baekhyun, this is Kris, my childhood friend. Kris, this is Baekhyun, my new friend from class." Chanyeol introduced the two, who exchanged 'hey's and 'hello's. Kris was about to sit down, but suddenly, he made a beeline for somewhere on the other side of the cafeteria. I, along with Baekhyun and Chanyeol, looked to where he was headed. I let out a small giggle when I saw him grab the arms of a certain someone. A panda had been captured by the mighty dragon! Kris brought Tao over, forcing him to sit in a spare seat.
"Guys, this is Tao. Tao, these are Baekhyun and Chanyeol."
“Nice to meet you,” he greeted. Then, he turned to Kris and raised his eyebrows, questioning Kris. “But why am I here?”
"I'm making sure you don't go around telling everyone about my 'secret'..." mumbled Kris as he took a seat. Chanyeol and Tao burst out laughing and quickly whispered an explanation to a confused Baekhyun. Baekhyun looked at Kris, and also burst out laughing. Kris just glared at the three others on his table, waiting for the laughter to die down.

Just like this morning, Baekhyun was listening to Chanyeol talk about anything and everything, and both looked content to do that forever. Kris and Tao were just staring at the pair, occasionally looking at each other, giving looks that said, ‘How is that boy not bored?’

 

Satisfied that I didn't need to interfere, I looked around the room, searching for my other humans.  Wait. Is that Lay being dragged out of the cafeteria? He’s stuck between two beefy guys, following what seems to be their leader. And he looks like he's struggling to free himself.... I've got to go see if he's okay. I quickly fly across the cafeteria, hoping that nothing bad is going to happen to this boy.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXohxG32ZL59qc5zgGvxO
Author's Notes

Enjoy the chappie and don't be scared to comment ^^