My First Day

From Up Above - dropped -
From Up Above

Chapter 1 - My First Day


After graduating just yesterday, our class of 2012 were lined up in front of our headmistress, waiting for our assignments to be handed out. We would receive a small slip of paper with the name of our human and short bio to help us, and our mission was simple: To observe and guide, to the best of our abilities, so that our human could live a happy life. The line surged forwards and I found myself staring right at Ms. Mochi’s face. She had a slightly worried expression, which I returned with a confused smile. She handed me an A4 sheet of paper. Wait what? An A4 sheet?!  I look up at her and she gave me an awkward smile.

“Saby, don’t worry…” before she could finish her sentence, I started panicking, words vomiting out of my mouth.

“Did I do something wrong? Why have I got,” I peeked at my list of names, counting up twelve. “TWELVE?! And they’re all teenage boys?” my voice had reached almost a high-pitched screech. But I was beyond caring. I had just graduated yesterday, and for my first role as guardian angel, I get twelve boys. I mean, they could be all handsome and attractive, but twelve people to guard are a little much, especially for a newbie like me. Ms. Mochi pulled me to the side.

“Look, you passed with flying colours, top of your class,” she looked at me straight in the eye, waiting for me to calm down before continuing. “It may seem difficult, but these boys… they’re lives are so linked to each other that we thought it would be best to have one guardian angel to look over them.” I processed the information, still hesitant to accept. But there is this part of me, which wants to take up the challenge, show others as well as myself that I can do this.

“Okay, I’ll do it.”

 

I look down at my list again, going through each person in more detail, back in the privacy of my own room. Wu Yifan, who prefers to be called Kris, is a bit of an ice prince who rarely lets his guard down. The one who’s supposed to be this ice prince’s soul mate is another introvert, Huang Zitao. Being a wushu expert, others kept away from his glares; but on the inside, it says, Tao is just a cute boy who loves pandas. It kind of fits him, from what I see in his profile picture I have. Kim Joonmyun, who prefers to be called Suho (how ironic how a guardian angel is assigned to a guardian angel…), is a charming person who has a radiant smile. His soul mate seems like the naïve type, perfect to be guarded by Suho. His name is Yixing but he prefers to be called Lay. Luhan, despite being the second oldest on my list, is actually a very cute character, who believes that he is very manly but still resorts to using his cute face to get what he wants. His soul mate seems to be his polar opposite, Oh Sehun. For the youngest on my list, he has very mature features, a mask of indifference hiding his true self. Next on my list is his best friend, Kim Jongin, or Kai as he likes to be called. He is the definition of confidence and loves attention. His other half is a shy boy, Kyungsoo or D.O., with large eyes. How am I supposed to get these two opposites together? Baekhyun, a shorty with a sense of humour is going to be paired off with Chanyeol, a giant with a crazy grin. This makes me feel a little better again, it doesn’t seem so impossible. The last pair on my list are Xiumin, who like Luhan, has very good anti-aging genes, and Chen, handsome features that also have the blessed anti-aging genes.

 

I finished going through the list, memorizing the characteristics of each boy and his pair. I don’t like keeping the paper with me, just in case it fell into the wrong hands something could go wrong. I watched it burn in the fireplace, as I contemplated the huge task in front of me. Not that I was depressed about having these boys as my first mission. No, I actually feel like I want to help them so much, just from reading a few words on a piece of paper. What I am actually worried about is how I could totally mess up and ruin the lives of twelve boys. One life would have been bad enough, but twelve? Before I could turn back on my training, I decided I would go down and visit my humans, see how they’re doing, gain a little confidence. I locked the door to my apartment, feeling my soft, feathery wings spread out behind me. Taking small steps on the puffy cloud beneath me, I leap off the edge, soaring in the skies.

 

I let myself glide in the skies for a while, searching for SMSchool. All the boys attended the prestigious school together; but from what I could see, none of them really had connections with each other, except the best friends, Kai and Sehun. Wanting to start off with some sort of lead, I flew around for a bit until I spotted the two, walking towards class. Although the two were side-by-side, Kai was surrounded by a throng of followers, both male and female. Sehun, on the other hand, had earphones in both ears, a hoodie covering most of his face. I flew closer, not really caring if I was in broad daylight, no-one could see me anyways. Seeing Sehun so closed off, I think I should work on him first. There was something in his eyes, a faint glimmer calling out, and I wanted him to find Luhan sooner than later. I was sure that his happiness would be tied to the older, and I’ll make it so that the two will fall in love. Soon.

 

Just as luck would have it, I spotted Luhan turning the corner, coming towards Sehun. I swear, us guardian angels must have our own guardian angels. How else would my first try work out so well? Hmm, I think I’ll create a situation where the two will bump into each other. They’ll have to notice the other person if I do that. I took out my wings, and walked beside Luhan. Just before he was about to side-step past Sehun, I flapped my wings gently, sending both of their papers flying.

“No! My essay” squealed Luhan. Sehun had a face that looked annoyed as hell and before I could think, he lashed out at Luhan.

“What the hell?! You should watch where you’re going!”

“Excuse me?! It was the wind!” retorted the elder.

“Inside the building? I don’t think so.” Sehun rolled his eyes, not amused by the baby-face in front of him. Oh god. What have I done? I frowned; my first mission was going down the drain. So much for the guardian angels of guardian angels…

 

Focusing back on the boys in front of me, I noticed the two glaring at each other. Daggers were practically being shot from their eyes, their mouths set in scowls. Uh oh. I have to sort this out, fast. But before I could, Sehun stormed past Luhan, leaving the elder with slightly wet eyes, stinging from the embarrassment. He quickly took in a breath, wiping his eyes as everyone just walked by.

“Come on, Luhan. It’s no big deal. Your first day was a bit off but I’m sure it’ll get better…” he ran off to his class, still chanting to himself, trying to convince nobody but himself. Great. I followed the poor boy, sighing at my huge mistake.

 

To make matters worse, he got lost on the way to class. I, trying to make up for my mess-up, whispered directions in his ear, pushing him in the right direction. But Luhan was still late for class and the teacher put him at the back, away from most of the class. Luckily, one of the other boys on my list happened to be seated next to him. Kyungsoo, if I remember correctly. I giggled; the thought of the two baby-faced boys being friends lifted up my spirits. Maybe I didn’t mess up TOO bad… I walked over to the two, wanting to monitor their conversation.

 

“Hey, I’m Luhan,” he smiled, grateful when the other glanced in his direction.

“Kyungsoo,” he extended his hand for Luhan to shake. They exchanged pleasantries; talking about the weather, how Luhan’s first day was. But I needed them to get closer. So I did something I probably shouldn’t have. I whispered in Luhan’s ear, suggesting his thoughts towards a certain person. I saw his face wrinkle in confusion as he slowly began to think more about the boy. The boy that was so cold to him.

“Kyungsoo?” the other boy tilted his head, acknowledging Luhan’s curious tone.

“Who is this boy, the one that hangs out with the popular one with the crowd of fans? He has a really scary face…” Luhan’s soft voice trailed off as Kyungsoo’s eyes widened.

“When did you meet Sehun?” he asked, curiosity etched into his face.

“Well…” Luhan recounted the whole scenario to Kyungsoo and the older one gasped when he reached the end of this story.

“Th-This is bad,” stuttered Kyungsoo. I leaned in closer, needing to hear his explanation.

 

Suddenly, a loud shrill ring resonated throughout the whole school. The two boys got up, going to the cafeteria for break. Damn, I had to go follow them fast. I sprinted out of the class, desperate to keep them within my sight. Luckily, Luhan’s golden hair was easy to spot within the crowd and I found myself next to the friends once more.

“So, what were you saying?” asked Luhan. Before Kyungsoo could answer, they came face to face with Kai and Sehun. Crap. This could either go wonderful or horribly wrong. I was not ready for it to go wrong so I’m hoping this will go well. Here was my chance. To make two couples in one go. You can do this. I took in a deep breath, wary of the start of a confrontation in front of me.

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXohxG32ZL59qc5zgGvxO
Author's Notes

 

The first chapter of my new story featuring MochiMochiMochi, my first subbie for ‘From Up Above’ ^^ Thank you so much and I hope it’ll be a good one, better than my other fics so far! Like I said previously, I’ll be going through the couples, so this one is an introduction that is starting off the HunHan :D Please comment/subscribe :) It really motivates me when I see people that do!