Say Yes

Daddy Hunting

AMBER's POV

 

I decided to show Krystal my feelings for her. I want her to feel that I care for her and love her. I already feel nervous when she's around. My chest starts to thump everytime our eyes met. I feel excited about my coming race. My hands are already itching for it. I need to win so that I have money for our family date in amusement park. Anyway, I didn't expect that Yunjin is interested in racing too. He keeps on talking about racing over dinner.

 

"Hey Krys, will you allow me if I teach Yunjin as early as 15 to drive?" I asked Krystal when we are washing the dishes.

 

"You are really serious about you teaching him, huh?"she replied to me and scoffed.

 

"Yeah, I think he will be a good driver and racer if I will teach and train him as early as 15." I answered to her and grin.

 

"Hey, I won't allow my son to engage in that kind of activity. It's dangerous!"she protested.

 

"It's not dangerous, Krys. Well, if it is your time to die, even if you are just sitting there, you will surely die."I answered to her and laugh. She smacked me on my stomach. I bent a little because it really hurts.

 

"Yah! Don't give me that stupid belief of yours!"she yelled at me and give me her scary glare.

 

"It's not stupid. It's the truth."I insist.

 

"Whatever, Liu. If that is your plan for Yunjin, then I won't let you to teach him how to drive."she retorted and rolled her eyes.

 

"Just say 'YES', besides your son likes racing."I mumbled.

 

"He is still four. He only liked it for now but later on, he won't get interested at it anymore."she replied to me.

 

"Well, let's see about that, Princess."I answered to her with a smirk. She looked at me with raise brows, and then look away.

 

"D-Don't call me that."she said to me stuttering a bit.

 

"Why not? It was suppose to be Ice Princess, but calling you that is too long for me. So, I will just call you Princess. "I explain to her and laugh.

 

I stop from laughing when she smack my head. I keep my mouth shut when I see that she already looks mad at me. I focus on wiping the plate dry. Feeling the down cold atmosphere between us. I can't believe that she is still sensitive about it. The next morning, I got surprise to see Yunjin in the living room. He is drinking his milk and still wearing his pajama. He jump off from the couch when he saw me.

 

"Appa!"he called me and run towards me after he put his glass of mile on the center table. He sounds really happy and excited.

 

"Good morning, buddy!" I greeted him with a smile after I carried him.

 

"Good morning, Appa."he greeted me cheerfully and smiled back.

 

"Where is your Umma?"I asked him as I explore my eyes around the room.

 

"She is outside, talking to Mommy Vic. Mommy Vic called her on her phone."he answered.

 

"Oh."the only word that came out from my mouth. I wonder why my cousin didn't call me but call Krystal instead. "Why you're up early today?" I asked him.

 

"Umma's phone had been ringing and it was so noisy. It makes me wake up."he stated. I chuckled hearing what he said.

 

"Your Umma maybe got a penpal or callmate." I said to him and he furrowed his brows.

 

"What is that?"he asked me looking puzzled.

 

"It means friends that loves to call you all the time." I explained to him.

 

I headed to our kitchen and grab some cereal and fresh milk. Yunjin joined me in eating breakfast and he ask for a bowl of cereal. Our attention was shifted to Krystal when she came in. She seemed surprise when she saw me and Yunjin eating breakfast together. Our eyes  meet but she avert her gaze which made me puzzled. I wonder what's wrong with her.

 

"Umma, Appa already prepared breakfast for you."Yunjin said to her while showing her one bowl of cereal.

 

She looked at it and flash a faint smile. She joined us in the table and I can feel this weird atmosphere, atmosphere of awkwardness between us. Yunjin finish his breakfast first and walk to the livingroom to watch his cartoons, leaving me and Krystal behind.

 

"So, what did Vic said to you? Does she have a message for me?"I asked her to get rid of the awkward atmosphere.

 

"No."she answered shortly without lifting up her head and look at me.

 

"Hey." I nudge her. "What's wrong with you? Are you okay? Did Vic said something that hurts you?" I bombared her a lot of questions. She si really making me feel uncomfortable right now.

 

She shook her head and then she looks at me and meet my eyes. I can see that she wants to say something to me but somehow she is hesitating to do it.

 

"Okay, what is it? Tell me what's on your mind right now." I said to her, leaning my head on my hand as I rested it on the table.

 

"Uhm, what age do you want to start a family or want a child?"she asked me with a serious face. I can see worriedness in her eyes.

 

"That is an odd question." I commented. "Well, I don't know. Maybe at the age of 25 above."I replied to her and she looked disappointed. I can't help it but to think that she will confess to me and ask me to be her boyfriend or marry her because of that question.

 

"Okay."she replied shortly and sighed.

 

"That's it?"I asked her raising my brows. I was expecting for a follow-up question and I already ready myself for it.

 

"Yeah."she answered.

 

"Why do you ask me that question?"I asked her curiously.

 

"Well, I am just curious and it just pop on my head."she replied to me.

 

"Oh really? Well, let me ask you this question. For example, Yunjin's father will suddenly show up and then asked you to marry him, what will you do?"I asked her.

 

"I will just simply say,...."she paused for a moment, taking the time to think for her answer while I am anticipating to hear it in the edge of my chair.

 

"What?"I asked her as I was about to get impatient waiting for it.

 

"I will simply say YES."she replied and blush.

 

I don't know why but hearing it tears my heart. I force a smile at her and continued to eat my breakfast. I regret I got annoyed of myself because of asking her that. I think it is better for me that as early as now, I know that I got no chance to her. I think she still loves Yunjin's father and Yunjin really wants to meet his dad. I think my role here is to bring them back together. Maybe I will just marry my car and spend the rest of my life in racing. At least it will still make my life happy.