Lee Hana

You've got to be kidding me

"Hana wasn't in class the whole day. I tried asking everyone if they saw Hana anywhere but they don't seemed to know. It was the end of school period so I quickly went to Hana's house to check up on her. At that time I couldn't be bothered about Joon oppa. When I reached Hana's house, her mother told me that Hana was sick so she went home early today."

"I went up to Hana's room to visit her, but she wasn't there. But there was a slip of paper on the bed. It says 'By the time you read this I'll be at the doctor. Sorry! When I feel better I'll talk to you okay? Don't worry about me!' I was... i don't know, confused? But I went home."

"It was already late at night, but Hana stil didn't contact neither me nor Jjong oppa. You can imagine how furious oppa was at that time. He wanted to look for Hana but both my parents werr against it because it was already freaking 3 in the morning. Soon, both me and oppa agreed to go to sleep because we still have school the next day."

"That night, I couldn't fall asleep. I kept tossing and turning in my bed cause I had a really bad feeling about it yet I forced myself to sleep. Just as I was about to go to deep slumber, I recieved a phone call. It was from Joon oppa. When I answered the phone, I heard a girl scream at the end of the line. Immediately I knew who it was... Hana."

She was screaming and shouting about not hurting her or something and I heard Joon oppa shoutes back at her about killing Hana if she didn't want to listen to him. I was so scared I ran to Jjong oppa's room and wake him up. Both of us listened attentively to what they say at the other end of the line. We couldn't do anything to save Hana because we couldn't track wherr she is as there's no tracking device on our phones. Oh how I wish I could turn back time."

"After that I know I tried to look for Hana, but oppa was against it. I was really mad at oppa so I ran out of the house to somehow look for Hana. I really don't know what happened most of the part because.... I was hit by a car but fortunately I wasn't in coma. But evenso, I was still critical."

"You could imagine how oppa's condition was at that time. Crazy huh? I was hospitalized for three weeks and not even a day did Hana ever visited me. I was curious. Is she alive? Is she dead? Is she okay? And all that stuff. I asked oppa who was peeling an apple for me at that time the whereabout of Hana. Oppa stopped peeling the aple upon hearing Hana's name."

'Jieun-ah, her family.... uhm... moved to another place last week.' Was what oppa told me, but the truth is that Hana actually died. Her body was found in the reservoir not far from my old school. I knew the truth 6 months after Hana died. It was by accident when I overheard the conversation between oppa and appa. When I heard that Hana died it really broke my heart. No wonder she didn't visit me. No wonder she never contact me. No wonder she didn't pick up her phone when I called her. I was both angry and sad at that time."

"Appa hugged me and comforted me. He said that it was the best for me because he doesn't want me to hurt even more. In my family all of us except omma knew the story behind Hana's death. And as for Joon oppa, he went back to California. I don't really know what happened to Mr and Mrs Lee now. They live such a low profile life and they became extremely secretive after the death of Hana. Obviouslt it has a great impact to their lives as Hana was their only child. Just imagine yourself in their position. Your only beloved daughter was kidnapped and sually abused by a guy you and the people around you knew but you can't report to the police because there wasn't enough proof to show that Joon oppa actually killed Hana. Unfair isn't it? I wasn't only heartbreaking for Hana's parents but it is for me too. I missed her. Still miss her and will always miss her."

"I don't know why omma doesn't know the story about Hana though. Anyway, yesterday was terrible and horrible. Omma wanted me to get married with Joon oppa! Can you believe it? How am i supposed to survive with that kind of person for the rest of my life. I'll probably end up dead by the time then wedding ceremony ends! Urgh, I hate my life right now. I don't know how to enjoy my life before the nightmare begins. If you were me oppa, what will you do?"