Story Telling

You've got to be kidding me

"Joon oppa?"

"N-no, I mean... thank you Yongguk..." I stammered. When I look up, Yongguk was quiet. I felt really guilty.

"Okay fine. Do you mind me telling about my life and what happened?" He respond with a simple nod. "But please don't judge me after this okay? Yongguk nodded again.

"As you know, Jjong oppa is my step brother. His mother died when he was only one. A few months later, appa met omma at a park. He was taking a walk with Jjong oppa when suddenly oppa went missing after appa left him for a while to get an ice cream. Appa looked for oppa around the park but couldn't find him at all. Appa almost lost his senses when suddenly he saw a lady carrying oppa. Appa was shocked when he heard oppa calling that lady 'omma'. Yes, that lady was my mother. She saw oppa alone and scared that somebody might kidnap him so she decided to take care of him till appa comes back. I think it's crazy, but appa fell in love with omma at first sight. They started going out together for about four months before deciding to get married. Of course, oppa was so happy about it! So yada yada yada, on 8th of April, a cute and pretty baby was born. And she's me, Kim Jieun! I share the same birthdate as oppa, so obviously every year we would celebrate it together! We had a really close relationship. I would always go to him when I'm sad, angry or even just being the pampered girl I am. I will sleep with him and he would tuck me in to bed. He is such a sweet oppa. His relationship with omma is extremely close. Even closer than I was with her. I was a little jealous when I was younger but it soon disappeared as I grew older. I still have appa that I love dearly!" Reminiscing those memories made me teared up a little.

"Anyway, when I was six, I had a new neighbour. She's so pretty! Probably the prettiest girl I've ever met. Her name is Lee Hana. She is the same age as me but older by two months. Our friendship began that day, when she fell from her bicycle."

"I was watering the plant when I heard someone scream. I close the tap and saw a girl with scratches and bruises from falling from her bicycle crying in the middle of the road, outside my house. I quickly took her into my house and start cleaning up her wound. After that was done, I made her a cup of milk. And that is the beginning of the whole story. From that day on, we bacame friends then we soon became close friends and then bestfriends and later, sisters."

"At first when our friendship started, I thought oppa was jealous of me being close to Hana becuse then I don't have time for him but then I realise, oppa had a crush on Hana. There were alot of teasing and such when we were younger especially from my mother. She will always purposely made Hana sit beside oppa and make oppa blush madly and omma will till his face and ears turns really really red." I giggled at the thought of it. It was really funny at that time. Pity oppa...

"Oppa will just sit there and pretend nothing happened, but I know for sure deep inside he really wanted to run up to his room and hide under his covers and never come down ever again! Yada yada yada, a year later a mutual friend of omma and appa came to visit us all the way from California. She brought her son along. His name is Lee Joon. He is two years older than me so obviously I call him oppa."

"Hey I'm a year older than you! Why didn't you call me oppa? This is no fair!" Yongguk interrupted. I chuckled at his silliness.

"It's true but... I need time to get used to it. Anyway, back to the story. Where was I? Oh, I remember! I was only 7 at that time, I didn't know much about how love really goes and how marriage works cause I only know what love is by watching Disney princesses where every story has a happy ending. I had a very wild imagination when I was young and being the typical little girl I was, I've always fantasize about my prince charming like how he looks like, how are we gonna meet, by what is he going to come, where are we getting married and all that stuff probably thinking my life was pretty much a fairytale."

"And I'm guessing Joon is your prince charming?" Yongguk asked.

I sighed. "Yes, Joon oppa was my prince charming."

"I really like him at that time, no I love him. I even thought of getting married to him. One day, when I was 13, he asked me out to be his girlfriend and of course I said yes. And soon I found out that oppa was with Hana for the past 3 years."

"We were considerably sweet as a couple. We would hold hands when walking together, he would kiss my cheek whenever I'm not giving my full attention to him, he would I don't know... he's just a gentleman and sweet and nice and..." Yongguk wiped away the tears that fell.

"I loved him..."

"We weren't as innocent as people thought because when I was 15... I.. I.. urhm, I.." I just couldn't put the right words together. This is the first time I told anyone about it, not even Hana."

"Relax, I promised right that I would not judge you. It's your past and we can't do anything about it. Everybody has their own story to tell, everybody has their own secret to keep and everybody has something that they regret doing and hoped for a miracle to change it. I know that, I know. If you're uncomfortable its okay, I won't force you to open up." Yongguk said.

"No, I'll tell you. I've come this far, might as well I tell you till the end."

"So, I actually lost my oty to him. I don't know what I was thinking. Maybe I was too naive to believe his 'sweet talks' and I got myself into something that I can't undo or rewind. It was embarrassing for me. I never told anyone, not oppa not Hana, not a single soul. You're the first to know."

"A few months after he popped my cherry, Joon oppa changed drastically. From being the gentleman he is, to become somebody who I barely even know. It's like a demon possessd him or something? Joon oppa became super secretive. He didn't reply my text as often as before, he didn't hold my hand when we're on our date, he never calls me baby or babe anymore. Well, you get the point right?"

"When I turn 16 the next year, he didn't turn up. I don't know where his whereabouts, neither do his mom. I wanted to cry but I fake a smile cause obviously its my birthday and I don't want to ruin the party. Oppa came and asked whether or not I saw Hana. I was too busy thinking about Joon oppa that I totally forgot about Hana. So my 16th birthday isn't as sweet as I imagined."

"The next day when I met Hana, she was silent. At that time I had a feeling that something bad had happened to Hana. I tried asking her what happened to her but all she said was 'I'm sorry, be very careful next time. Don't trust any guy from now onwards. I love you and will always protect you.' I thought she just had a fight with Jjong oppa, or that she just wants personal space or something so I left her alone to look for Joon oppa. When I saw him in the hallway, he wasn't with usual friends, but he was with a girl, a classmate of mine. They were both up each other's face. I was disgusted, I ran to the rooftop and cry. I didn't know oppa followed me to the rooftop till he said, 'Don't bother crying for him. I'm here for you always. I love you sis! Don't cry!' I really don't know what to do, I hugged oppa till I calmed myself and then wemt back to class with oppa. I didn't see Hana anywhere in the class.

A/N What happened to Hana?