Chapter 26 :: Chaotic Mornings

P R O J E C T: Touch The Sky

 

 

It was a Thursday morning when CAP and L.Joe arrived at the house. Minah was the first one up and opened the door for them. “Do you guys really normally wake up at an early time?” She asked and the two boys just nodded. Minah chuckled as she led them upstairs. The two boys sat on the couch comfortably. “Wait here, I’m gonna go get MinRin.” She said and the two just nodded at her.

 

Minah made her way upstairs and knocked on MinRin’s door. “MinRin, L.Joe and CAP are here.” She told the girl as she opened the door. She found MinRin still sleeping. Minah smiled and nudged MinRin’s arm. “Come on, wake up. Time for training.” She said.

 

MinRin groaned but sat up. “I’m awake.” She said and rubbed her eyes. “They should stop coming early in the morning.” She groaned and stood up heading towards the bathroom.

 

Minah laughed a little as she left the room and watched Shinae yawn and head down the stairs. “!” Minah heard their leader call out in surprise. “You guys, what are you doing here so early?” she asked.

 

CAP laughed. “We’re here for MinRin’s rap training.” He replied shortly. “Noona are you normally jumpy during the mornings?”

 

“She’s normal grumpy.” Minah replied as she headed downstairs as well. “MinRin’s getting ready. You guys want any breakfast?” she asked.

 

“I’d love some.” L.Joe replied, standing up. “CAP’s on a diet so if you have any fruits he can munch on that.” He said.

 

The four of them chatted about Teen Top’s comeback while having breakfast, listening to CAP complaining about loosing his abs along with his weight which made the two girls laugh.

 

“So, why are you two here?” Shinae asked conversationally, sipping out of her coffee cup. “It’s thrusday isn’t CAP supposed to be the only one here?” She glanced over their schedule posted up on the fridge and nodded. “Yep. So, what is L.Joe doing here?” she asked and glued her eyes on the boy and gave him a sly smile. “Don’t tell me you’re also crushing on one of our girls?”

 

L.Joe laughed unsteadily and was about to reply when Minah playfully smacked Shinae’s arm. “Stop scaring the boy.” She said and turned to L.Joe “Don’t mind Shinae she’s busy being a little crazy.” The boys laughed in reply.

 

“What’s so funny?” MinRin asked as she entered the kitchen, walking to the frigde and getting herself some milk and cereal. MinRin joined the others in eating breakfast and left with L.Joe and CAP to the study room upstairs for rap training.

 

L.Joe watched quietly as CAP helped MinRin on her rap training. She was obviously distracted, missing some words on her rap that she was supposed to be memorizing. CAP was already guiding her along the rap song but she still couldn’t get it.

 

L.Joe stood up and turned off the music accompaniment then turned to MinRin. “What’s wrong?” he asked, his eyebrows furrowing.

 

MinRin gave him an innocent look. “What are you talking about?” she asked back.

 

“You’re obviously distracted about something.” L.Joe pushed further but MinRin just looked away. The boy sighed and walked towards her, crouching down in front of her. MinRin’s heart was racing from the closeness. “You can tell me anything, you know that. How can I help you improve if something is obviously bothering you.” He said. Minrin looked at him and found L.Joe with a smile on his face. “Come on, let’s go out back for a small walk to clear your head.” He said, holding out his hand to the girl.

 

MinRin nodded and took his hand shakily. The two left the room, closely followed by CAP.

 

“So…” Shinae started, turning to Minah, as the two of them were left in the kitchen. “How was the date with JiYong? Anything special happened?” she asked, taking a bite out of a banana. Minah smiled sheepishly and glanced at their leader. “Ah, something did happen.”

 

“Do you think it’s wrong?” Minah asked Shinae. “I mean, us dating these Kpop idols like this.”

 

Shinae shrugged. “Why would it be?” she asked, taking another bite out of her banana. “I mean, you have feelings for him right?” Shinae asked and the latter nodded in reply. “So, why do you think it’s wrong?”

 

Minah thought about it, playing with her spoon. “Because they… we as idols, belong more to the public than to ourselves.” She answered.

 

“That doesn’t mean we should sacrifice our own feelings for them.” Shinae replied. Just then the doorbell rang. “I’ll get it. Jay said he’s dropping by early.” She said and quickly got up and headed downstairs to open the door.

 

She had a huge smile on her face as she opened the door. “Took you long enough.” She said as she opened it and was surprised to see JunHyung. “Oh. Hello JunHyung. I thought you were someone else.” She said.

 

JunHyung nodded with a tight lip. “Can I come in?” he asked. Shinae nodded and let him enter the house. “HyeSu’s still sleeping isn’t she?” he asked.

 

Shinae laughed. “Yeah she is. Come on up. We’re having breakfast.” She said and led the way up to the second floor and into the kitchen where Minah sat, still eating her breakfast. Shinae walked over to Minah’s side and grabbed another banana.

 

“Hey JunHyung oppa.” Minah said with a small wave. “You’re early today.” She said.

 

JunHyung nodded. “We have M Countdown today.” He explained and Minah just nodded in reply.

 

All of a sudden, the doorbell rang again. Shinae hopped off her seat, still with a peeled but uneaten banana on hand. “I’ll get it!” she called out and ran off to the stairs.

 

“What’s she so excited about?” JunHyung asked the eldest. Minah sighed and just shrugged. How was she supposed to tell JunHyung that Shinae was dating Jay already?

 

Minah felt her phone vibrating on her pocket. “Oppa, I’ll go wake up HyeSu.” She said and left JunHyung, answering the phone call as she walked up the stairs. “Hello?”

 

“Hi baby girl.” Came JiYong’s voice with a small chuckle.

 

“Oh, oppa.” Minah smiled. “What’s up?”

 

“Is it okay if I came with SeungHyun during your rap training?” he asked in a childish pouty voice.

 

“SAY NOOOO!” came SeungHyun’s husky voice with SeungRi chuckling as well.

 

“Do you have me on loudspeaker?” Minah asked.

 

“No! They’re just snooping around.” Came JiYong’s reply. “So, can I?”

 

Minah laughed at his childish act. “Oppa, how about you come after rap training? So I can at least concentrate.” She said.

 

She could imagine him pouting already. “Fine. I already miss you so much so I’ll see you later. Bye baby.” JiYong said.

 

“Bye~” Minah replied and ended the call. She giggled a little before entering HyeSu’s room to wake up the girl.

 

Jay smiled as soon as the door opened and he went inside the house. He lowered his head to Shinae’s height and gave her a peck on the cheek. “Good morning.” He said then took off his cap.

 

Shinae’s eyes widened. “Y-You’re blonde.” She said, her jaw slightly dropping. “W-Why are you blonde?” she asked.

 

Jay gave her a boyish grin. “It was supposed to be my new concept for my album. But because of Immortal Song 2, my new album’s gonna be pushed back a few more days.” He explained to her. “Come on, I’m hungry.” He said, grabbing her hand and walking up the stairs.

 

Shinae stopped walking as soon as Jay reached the door to the second floor. She pulled her hand away from Jay’s grasp, almost forgetting that JunHyung was inside. Jay didn’t notice this and just went through the door. “Yo Minah!” Jay called out then realized JunHyung was also sitting in front of Minah, with a bowl of cereal in front of him. “Hey JunHyung.” He said.

 

Shinae re-entered the kitchen as JunHyung looked from Jay to the girl. It wasn’t difficult to figure out the rest of the story. “What are you doing here Jay oppa?” Minah asked, taking her plate and Shinae’s to the sink.

 

Jay shrugged. “I’m here to steal food.” He replied and walked towards the fridge, taking a can of redbull.

 

“Yah! It’s too early to drink that stuff!” Shinae shouted and stormed over to Jay and grabbed the can off his hands and back to the fridge. Shinae glared at Jay and shoved the banana towards Jay’s hand who just chuckled and took a bite out of it. JunHyung couldn’t take his eyes off the two. He knew there was definitely something going on with them. “Where’s HyeSu?” Shinae asked towards Minah.

 

“Present!” HyeSu called out with a stifled yawn, raising her hand. She grabbed a piece of toast and took a bite out of it then turned towards JunHyung. “Where are we training oppa?” she asked JunHyung.

 

JunHyung turned to HyeSu. “We’re going to S.Tiger hyung’s studio to start recording.” He explained then checked his watch. “We better go now. I have a recording for M Countdown.” He told the girl then turned to Shinae and Minah. “See you guys.”

 

The two nodded and waved at HyeSu and JunHyung as they left. HyeSu’s phone suddenly beeped with a message as she climbed into JunHyung’s car.

 

From: Choding Yeollie

 

Good morning my dearest kitten~ ^0^ Just 3 more hours to our date. I am so excited!

 

HyeSu smiled. “He really is a choding.” She muttered under her breath.

 

“What was that?” JunHyung asked, clueless.

 

HyeSu smiled back at JunHyung. “It’s nothing. Let’s go.” She said.