Chapter 10 :: It's Not Goodbye, It's See You Soon

P R O J E C T: Touch The Sky

 

Chapter 10

 

It was Tuesday, YoSeob and HyunSeung came to the house together to give vocal training to MinRin and EunJae and after 15 minutes, JiYong and TaeYang followed, leaving Shinae bored on her own. She picked up her phone, pondering if she should text Zico or Kyung. But they would probably be busy since they already debuted.  She decided to call Zico and he answered on the third ring.

 

“Yo B, what’s up?” he asked.

 

“Hi Z, you busy? Everyone’s in vocal training right now. My trainer’s coming in the evening.” She replied. “I need to get out.” She said.

 

“Sure you can drop by the dorm, we’re all here. Well, JiHoon went to school but we’re all here.” He said.

 

“Okay, I’m leaving right now.” She replied and hanged up, grabbing a hoodie and her car keys then went to the driveway and left the house. She the radio and it was blasting Wanna B by Block B. She just had to smile, finally Zico was reaching his dreams.

 

She pulled up in front of the apartment complex and parked the car then went up to the correct unit. Kyung was the one who opened the door. Shinae shrieked when JaeHyo suddenly appeared with a bright yellow gun, shooting something soft towards Taeil. “What the heck guys?” She asked, picking up one of the ammos, grabbing JaeHyo’s gun from him. “Seriously? Nerf guns?” she asked, stifling a laugh.

 

She spent the rest of the afternoon playing with the boys with their nerf guns, running around the apartment shooting each other.

 

***

 

EunJae and MinRin’s vocal training just finished. The two bade goodbye to YoSeob and HyunSeung as their manager, Joonkun picked them up from the house. They went up to the second floor and noticed that there wasn’t anyone there. “Hey did you noticed where the other unnies are?” MinRin asked and EunJae replied by waving her head. “I’m going to get picked up by MyungSoo oppa I hope the unnies don’t mind that I go out.”

 

EunJae smiled at her in reply. “I’m sure they won’t. Just send them a text message, tell them you’ll be with your brother for a while.” She said and MinRin nodded, going up to her room. EunJae sighed and checked her phone, she had 32 missed calls all from the same person. She sighed and looked up then looked back at her phone and decided to dial a number. “Hello? Oppa, are you guys free today? I need to tell you something.” She said.

 

In a matter of minutes, EunJae was in the conference room with Dok2 and TheQuiett, tears streaming down her cheeks. “I’m sorry oppas, for causing this much trouble.” She told them. “But I really can’t be part of this project anymore.” She said. “My parents are demanding me to go back to China and I can’t say no anymore.” She told them.

 

“That’s too bad, EunJae but we can’t stop you from this decision.” TheQuiett said, handing her a tissue. “Though it is potentially problematic, but we’ll figure it out. Take care of your own problems.” He told her with a smile.

 

“Besides, you’re always welcome at the ill in the future, ya know. We ill-ers are family.” Dok2 told her. Eunjae gave him a smile and nodded. “Have you told the others yet? And when are you planning on leaving?” he asked.

 

Eunjae waved her head. “I haven’t told anyone just yet. After our vocal training, Shinae unni wasn’t at home and MinRin went somewhere with her brother. HyeSu unni and Minah unni we’re having vocal training at that time.” She told them honestly. “I’ll have to leave tomorrow morning. My mom already booked my ticket.” She told them and the two nodded in reply.

 

MinRin was at the dance studio where Infinite usually practices. She was with the boys, watching them practice for their new album. She smiled as she watched her brother practice really hard for the new song. After a few minutes they decided to take a break.

 

WooHyun walked up to her, smiling widely. “What did you think of our new dance?” he asked her. She raised two thumbs up at him and grinned. He laughed a bit and rubbed her head affectionately. “Thanks, did you have fun with your vocal trainer today?” he asked further. “I would do it everyday, but Mithra hyung said the fans might notice it.” He said, slightly shrugging.

 

“It’s fine WooHyun oppa.” MinRin replied with a smile. “YoSeob oppa is a cool teacher, his vocal range is just too beautiful for words. We’re going to record What I Want To Do When I Have A Lover tomorrow.” She told him excitedly. Then she noticed he was slightly pouting. “What’s wrong WooHyun oppa?” she asked.

 

“I wanna do a duet with you too!” He whined, trying to be cute but failing at his aegyo. Though MinRin smiled at his actions. “Let’s do a duet too okay? Okay?” he asked her, tugging on her arm. Then his stomach lurched. “Ah, I’m so hungry.” He complained then looked at MinRin. “Let’s go buy something to eat!” he said then stood up, tugging on her arm again.

 

MinRin looked at him with a questioned expression. “What if we get caught by your fans?” she asked him.

 

WooHyun shrugged in reply. “They won’t. They don’t come here anyway.” He said confidently. “Come on! I’ll buy you an ice cream if you come with me.” He told her bribing.

 

“Oppa, if didn’t know you, I’d think you’re the childish one than SungYeol.” She told him, going out of the studio with WooHyun, holding on to her arm. The two of them walked down the street not even noticing that a few eyes were watching them.

 

***

 

HyeSu and Minah just finished vocal training and was surprised that not one soul was at home. “Maybe they went out with friends or something.”HyeSu suggested as they went up the second floor with TaeYang and JiYong.”You guys want anything to drink?” HyeSu asked heading to the kitchen and they all waved their heads in reply.

 

“Don’t you girls get bored inside the house?” JiYong asked as Minah sat down the couch, turning on the television. “I mean, just the five of you here in this big house.” He said, looking around the second floor.

 

Minah smiled, “Nah, it’s fun. We always have visitors anyway. And on the days that we don’t, we can go to the illionaire and hang out with the family there.” She told him, smiling. “In your dorms, don’t you guys get bored as well?”she shot back.

 

JiYong smirked that made Minah heart jump. “Nah, we hang out at the YG office too, just hanging out and writing music.” He told her in reply. “Besides, SeungRi is enough of an amusement for all of us.” JiYong told Minah which made her laugh out loud. He had to smile, it was the first time he saw her laugh like that.

 

“You should laugh like that more.” JiYong told her. “You look really beautiful when you do.” Minah froze, she could feel her cheeks turning a bright red color. He chuckled, “Aigoo~ Minah is blushing from a little compliment.” He said then pinched her cheek lightly then stood up to go to the kitchen to find something to eat.

 

“Yeah.” Minah whispered to herself. “A little compliment from one of my biggest crushes ever.”

 

JiYong and TaeYang stayed for another hour, just talking with the girls and keeping them company. EunJae arrived shortly before they left, with TheQuiett and Dok2. TheQuiett called Shinae for her to pick up MinRin and to go back to the house as soon as they can.

 

They arrived minutes after and saw everyone was in the living room. The atmosphere was awkward so MinRin and Shinae quickly sat down on empty spots and turned to TheQuiett and Dok2. “Sorry for rushing you guys on your business today but we need to do an announcement.” Dok2 started then looked to EunJae.

 

She sighed but stood up. “I’m so sorry guys and specially to you Shinae unni.” She started. “I’m leaving for China tomorrow which means, I have to drop out our team.” She said, tears forming in her eyes once more. Shinae was about to say something but EunJae waved her head, “No Shinae unni, they didn’t force me to go back, I also wanted to. They offered for me to go to college and I think it’s important to finish my studies at least.” She said, slightly smiling but with tears falling from her eyes. “I’m so sorry.” She said.

 

Minah was the first one to react, she stood up and hugged EunJae. “We respect your decision, Baby J.” she told her, soothing her back. One by one the girls started standing up, giving EunJae a hug and muttering words of encouragement for her.

 

Shinae stood up the last. And approached EunJae. Everyone pulled away from her and just watched the two of them. “So, this is it then?” Shinae asked. Eunjae sniffed but nodded. She gave EunJae a hug, with tears escaping her eyes. “I’m gonna miss you J.” she told her.

 

The night was filled with tears and laughter. A memory that Eunjae would keep until she return to their side again. Whenever that would be.


 

hey guys~

sorry this took a while. I thought there should be a proper exit for Eunjae's character in the story. I'm actually still on the process of deciding who's the new Rapper/Sub Dancer but I promise to announce it soon. :)

btw, I have a new apply fic. If  y'all are interested it's called, Flip Reverse. It's very different from this one. :) 

Click here if you're interested!

toodles~

-listeningsoul