Chapter 19 :: The End of Vocal Training

P R O J E C T: Touch The Sky

Sorry for this short chapter. :/

I had to finish the vocal training part and this is all I could come up with lol.

enjoy~


 

 

 

Chapter 19

 

Everyone went back to their normal lives after that weekend. The illionaire CEOs informed the girls that they would be resuming their vocal training on Monday with some changes in Schedule since Jay was going to be busy with his comeback. And also, vocal training will

 

“Well this seems more organized.” HyeSu commented as she read through. “Sundays to Tuesdays with infinite except for Shinae unni coz Sunggyu comes at Wednesdays and Thursdays too.” She said, glancing at Shinae who was half asleep in front of her coffee. “Wednesdays to Saturdays with Big Bang and Beast oppas and for Shinae unni, it’s Jay oppa on Fridays and Saturdays.”

 

MinRin grabbed the schedule list as soon as HyeSu set it down at the table. “And we’re supposed to do a duet with our partner right?” she asked and everyone else nodded. “Then after vocal training we’re gonna have rap training.” She said then sighed out loud.

 

Minah smiled and patted the youngest on the back. “Don’t worry, we’ll help you with rap training.” She told the girl. “We know you’re really worried about that, training will help you improve. I’m sure the oppas are going to help you.” She said, trying to cheer up the girl and MinRin just nodded in reply.

 

A whole month passed already, the girls were all determined to perfect their vocal trainings. After all, each one of them had prior experiences already, they were merely perfecting their talent. Every week, the illionaire CEOs would drop by and listen to them sing, to check on their progress and so far there were no regrets. Every single one of them had amazing and unique voices. They were told that at the end of the month, they would have to perform a duet with one of their vocal trainers.

 

Minah chose JiYong because she felt so much at ease with him plus his voice complimented hers. Shinae chose Sunggyu because she did more training with him than Jay, they would usually sing duets and that was the point of the training. HyeSu picked TaeYang because his vocals was much better than SungYeol’s. MiEun picked DongWoon as her partner and MinRin picked YoSeob which surprised everyone, even YoSeob himself.

 

On the day itself, the girls were surprised when the members of 4Men came to the house along with Dok2 and TheQuiett. “I know it was unannounced,” TheQuiett started, “But, the members of 4Men are here to watch your performances and pick out the best.”

 

They decided to have the performances from the eldest to the youngest. Minah was the first one up. The other girls were sitting on the floor beside their partners, waiting for Minah and JiYong’s chosen song. Then a familiar song came on that got everyone cheering. It was Timeless, originally sung by Jang Ri-In and Kim JunSu. They watched in awe as Minah sang her heart out. Even JiYong was feeling proud of her. At one point in the song JiYong took her hand and looked deeply into her eyes and they continued singing the song like that until the end.

 

The next was their leader Shinae with Infinite’s leader Sunggyu. L was there because he was going to play the guitar for the two of them. When L started playing the guitar, the others recognized the song. Sunggyu started singing Lucky by Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat. Sunggyu kept his eyes on Shinae singing with a smile, while Shinae looked to her judges and her teammates then back at Sunggyu whenever she sang. For some reason, she felt completely nervous whenever she would look at Sunggyu though she could never explain why.

 

HyeSu came next with TaeYang. They sang to  Just For One Day by CSJH the Grace featuring KyuHyun. Though they had to re-arrange the pitch for TaeYang’s voice because KyuHyun’s voice was very much deeper than his. Everyone was amazed at how versatile HyeSu’s voice was from singing all the female parts. Everyone couldn’t help but be amazed at her and TaeYang’s performance.

 

MiEun was next with DongWoon. The two of them chose to sing Nagging by IU featuring SeulOng. The others were also surprised with MiEun’s singing capabilities. Sure, she hums tones here and there, casually sings at times but never did they think that her voice would be that beautiful since she was chosen as a rapper. They watched as MiEun enjoyed her performance with DongWoon, playfully hitting each other at times too just like when IU performs the song with SeulOng.

 

Of course last but not the least was the baby of the group MinRin with YoSeob. Everyone had great expectations with the two, after all they were both the lead vocals of their groups. And of course, they did not fail to deliver.  Everyone was swaying to the beat as the two sang their duet with smiles on their faces. They found the two really adorable singing to What I Want To Do Once I Have A Lover by G.Na and Rain.

 

The members of 4Men plus the Illionaires were given a few minutes to deliberate then finally called back the girls to give their verdict. “First, I’d like to say that you all did really wonderful today. No doubt about that. And it was really tough to choose only one of you girls when you all did beautifully.” TheQuiett started. “But we all decided that the one who improved the most is HyeSu. So we picked her as the winner.” Everyone started clapping for their friend. “And, because of that HyeSu, we’re going to take you to a shopping spree before rap training begins.” He told her with a grin.

 

HyeSu squealed in excitement and the others just smiled and laughed at her reaction. “So, rap training starts next week. For rap training, we’ll also be coming once a week for progress. We also encourage you guys to do rap battles between yourselves for fun.” Dok2 said, then glanced at Shinae. “Shinae, we expect you to supervise the girls since you do have the most experience.” He told her and she nodded in reply. He handed a piece of paper to her, “Schedule’s with Shinae. You’ll notice that some of the rap trainers are the vocal trainers. It was… a special request.” He said with a sly smile.

 

raptraining.jpg

 

When Dok2, TheQuiett and the members of 4Men left already, including the boys who helped them with their performance, the girls sat down on the floor of the studio and started passing around the schedule. Shinae sighed, she was relieved to see her friends, Zico and Kyung as part of the trainers thought she wasn’t so relieved to see JunHyung’s name on the schedule.

 

HyeSu placed a hand on Shinae’s shoulder. “You okay unni?” she asked and Shinae gave a small smile and nodded. “Don’t worry, at least he wasn’t assigned to you right?” she said with a small laugh. Shinae nodded and looked at the girl.

 

Minah didn’t know if she was going to feel happy that JiYong was still going to be her trainer, or confused because TOP was going to be her trainer too. Sure, she and JiYong had this unspoken mutual understanding with each other but whenever TOP was there, she wasn’t so sure anymore of who she liked better.

 

MinRin was the one who was most nervous about rap training. Not because she had a secret crush on L.Joe who was a member of her brother’s rival group. But because she didn’t have any experience with rapping. She sighed staring at the paper. MiEun noticed the problematic look on Minrin’s face and extended a hand to her. MinRin looked up at MiEun who just smiled, “Don’t worry, me and the rest of the unnies are definitely going to help you.” She said.